FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
eskor

Feral Druids and Haste

Hey, so m interested in a higher than normal haste build for my feral and was wondering realistically how viable it is.

Reason I'm looking at it is because haste increases energy regen, and in my eyes, more energy means I can use my abilities a lot more, I raided through cata as ferall and have just recently come back, haste would also increase bleed ticks if I'm right, so a haste + mastery build is what I thought could work very well.

Bleeds do not work the same way as a normal dot, so haste does not affect them.

A haste/crit build does do fairly well when using HotW for wrath spam.

Thanks, I didn't know about haste not affecting the bleeds, that does definitely lower its usefulness a little, but I'm still interested in the Regen factor.. does anyone have any data on how much haste affects regen (X energy/sec) and what the realistic caps would be?

Wouldn't you be a a point in haste where you would energy cap too quickly while doing other abilities?

Wouldn't you be a a point in haste where you would energy cap too quickly while doing other abilities?

Yes, thats what i want to know :)

Mastery question here: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1828-feral-druid-mastery-question/

Currently I'm personally stacking Mastery upto around 75% raid buffed, then pushing into crit.

After importing my toon into SimC for my own scale factors mastery came out on top (2.1), then crit (1.8), then haste (1.7).

In MOP haste has always been a poor stat for Feral.

The recent 5.2 rip buff that was pulled at the last minute was due to RPPM trinket procs scaling with haste (so rogues getting more trinket procs than us ferals). This I believe has been fixed in 5.2 which again lowers the usefulness of haste.

I don't know of any haste caps and much as I would love to not rely to much on bleeds and stack haste it's simply not viable.

FluidDruid T15 stat weights: http://fluiddruid.net/2013/03/patch-5-2-throne-of-thunder-feral-gear-list-released/

It's interesting that Haste>Crit here but as mentioned don't get to hung up on the numbers.

Also have a read of my forum topic http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5848167510 which as a low geared 90 (and stacking all our stats into hit/exp) meant haste was very low and energy regen was a struggle. Now geared around 499ilvl for feral the energy regen is much less of an issue. Just stick at it :)

Haste still increases the proc rate of RPPM trinkets. Haste become a much better stat for feral once you obtain multiple RPPM things; 2 trinkets/dancing steel/lengendary meta.

Once you obtain a Rune of Re-Origination, you want to achieve a 1:1:1 ratio of your secondary stats making sure mastery is at least 1 point ahead of crit/haste.

Until that however, stick with stacking mastery>crit>haste.