FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cynex

Affliction Haste stacking 9k+?? Wut?!

So I've noticed a few warlocks on Illidan my home server,going back into affliction and stacking MASSIVE amounts of haste. 8/9k+ at ilvl 510+ and "supposedly" doing some pretty crazy dps.

I also briefly remember reading about this topic,not sure if it was on these forums or elsewhere.... What's all of this about? I miss my Afflic spec...it's what I played for 7 years. Can someone shed some light on this for me or was I just sleep deprived when I read about it.

I'm playing at 12k haste right now with 4k mastery, 513 ilvl equipped at the moment and I feel fine, I don't miss mastery. Just downed Jin'rokh heroic, pulled 200k dps and ranked 16th as affliction.

Edit: Just killed Horridon and Council on normal, 209k on Horridon, 178k on Council so for next times I need to reforge to some mastery before these kind of fights.

Edited by Sifon

I think the majority has to do with RPPM trinkets and their proc frequency scaling with haste.

Edited by Omaric
  • Like 1

I think the majority has to do with RPPM trinkets and their proc frequency scaling with haste.

I don't think haste is effecting on rppm as people think. I generally had %15-%20 uptime on rppm trinkets while simcraft models them %25+

I think I may try it this evening and see how it goes. For some reason my demo counterpart in the guild seems to be doing considerably more dps all around and we are only about 3-4 ilvl difference,granted a lot of fights are multi add fights. I cant stand to be demo though,i would seriously rather reroll so im curious to see if at 506 if i try this out if I'll see any noticeable change. I love affliction so im looking for an excuse to be back again without doing rofl dps.

Mastery does not affect your's pet dmg, haste does, so, if in 5.1 haste and mastery was in the same weight, now with supremacy + trinkets haste it's just a little better than mastery.

If you dont play with demo or destro in some fights, worth it stack haste as affliction.

Edited by JvChequer

I'm playing at 12k haste right now with 4k mastery, 513 ilvl equipped at the moment and I feel fine, I don't miss mastery. Just downed Jin'rokh heroic, pulled 200k dps and ranked 16th as affliction.

Edit: Just killed Horridon and Council on normal, 209k on Horridon, 178k on Council so for next times I need to reforge to some mastery before these kind of fights.

http://www.worldoflo...31&e=7661#Sifon

You're 28th now. You had some incredible uptimes on your Cha-Ye's and Breath. Cha-Yes: 32.1%, Breath: 23.2%. If you timed things well and had trinket procs while in pools, things could have worked out really well for you. 60% Haunt uptime is rather impressive as well. How is Haste stacking working out in terms of playstyle? (I'm not criticizing, just asking for legit suggestions since I've been focused on Destruction but just hit 520 ilvl). You're clearly an elite player with 98%+ uptime on your DoTs...it saddens me to see Corruption tick for so little. Are you playing just like you did in 5.1 but enjoying the massive Intellect proc trinkets?

Also, are you using Grim of Sac or Supremacy on single target fights? Your Jin log shows Sacrifice but your armory shows Supremacy. Are you following the same tactics I am as Destruction?

http://www.worldoflo...31&e=7661#Sifon

You're 28th now. You had some incredible uptimes on your Cha-Ye's and Breath. Cha-Yes: 32.1%, Breath: 23.2%. If you timed things well and had trinket procs while in pools, things could have worked out really well for you. 60% Haunt uptime is rather impressive as well. How is Haste stacking working out in terms of playstyle? (I'm not criticizing, just asking for legit suggestions since I've been focused on Destruction but just hit 520 ilvl). You're clearly an elite player with 98%+ uptime on your DoTs...it saddens me to see Corruption tick for so little. Are you playing just like you did in 5.1 but enjoying the massive Intellect proc trinkets?

Also, are you using Grim of Sac or Supremacy on single target fights? Your Jin log shows Sacrifice but your armory shows Supremacy. Are you following the same tactics I am as Destruction?

Yes I'm following you with pet tactics because pets scales better with haste and I have lots of them so Supremacy is my main choice. I heard that your pet doesn't benefit from pools on Jin'Rokh so I went Sacrifice. Even if pets benefit from pool buff, dispelling myself with imp's Singe Magic is a great utility with a minimal dps loss if there is any. I went Supremacy for a second and I saw Fel Imp's dispel became a mass dispel and it frustrate me so I went back to Sacrifice.

My trinket uptimes were generally lacking on most tries but I got lucky on kill and mostly our other affliction lock has better uptime on haunt then me but he doesn't sb:ss enough. Haste stacking doesn't change playstyle a lot unless you have Dark Soul or Bloodlust up, both of them even. You just start to mash Malefic Grasp button and dps skyrockets. In my opinion, haste stacking build has more burst damage and less sustained damage compared to haste = mastery build.

Are you thinking about going back to Affliction? My sims were so close between haste = crit Destruction and haste Affliction and you have 7 more item levels equipped Affliction should pull ahead. I still want to go back to Destruction too but I wasn't that good with Destruction and random people were nagging on the guild so I had to go back to Affliction.

Also about tier pieces, I'm thinking about keeping 4pc t14 until I get my 4pc t15 and use my hc tf gloves but the sad thing is I have lower dkp then most of the paladins and priests and I'm 3 pieces behind( I have gloves but I won't use it). Would using 2pc t15 no t14 bonus be efficent?(int and secondary stat gain is huge from that 541 gloves but I lose a set bonus and not gain any)

I joined my guild at the very end of T14, so I didn't get a lot of 517 tier pieces running around, or I would have kept that bonus. I couldn't pass up upgrading from 496 T14 to 522 non-tier. I really don't like Affliction's playstyle. I've tried it with the full Haste push (I'm using it as Destruction) and it just doesn't feel good to me. Feels too dependent on the RNG procs of Trinkets, of which I don't really have any good ones (just got Unerring last night).

I think I'm going to stick to Demo/Destro at the moment. I know the Sims are showing Affliction blowing up in full BiS gear, but I just don't like that RNG can affect your DPS that much. I've never been a big fan of the Malefic Grasp playstyle either...I liked the Shadow Bolt spamming while keeping DoTs up. I haven't seen a fight where Affliction would outshine either Destro or Demo, but I've only downed one Heroic, so if that situation arises, I'll tiptoe with it then.

Thanks for the words...always appreciate hearing another side of things. I feel pressured to test every outlet on every fight to give the best answers, and it's overwhelming. I just want to log in, kill internet dragons, get loot, and then talk about it. I think I've spent 10k gold in the past 2 weeks with reforges, regems, etc.

My testing was very very limited (dummy and 5 man) but have you tried an extreme mastery build? (90%+) ?

Doh! Meant to post this to the destro thread.

Edited by Twinkielock

I spent more than 5k gold myself too especially, I like Affliction and I won't change it unless progression requires(might go destro on horridon with haste gems) and I'm tired of it, I probably won't regem anymore just reforge if I need to go Destruction.