FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Obooma

Resto Druid Spirit

Hi guys, I am wondering how much spirit a druid needs to be fine for 25 man healing. Right now I am at 8,890 unbuffed but capable of going up to 12k I have dropped alot of spirit for mastery. I am currently at 28% mastery and 7.18% haste. I dropped alot of spirit for mastery because I feel in 25 man there is so many mana cooldowns that can be used that the spirit can be kinda low. Let me know is it worth it to drop that low in spirit and go into mastery I would like to know before tuesday.

There is no "clear cut" answer for how much spirit you need. Only you can answer that. I would suggest that you try it out with that much spirit and see if you have mana problems.

If you do have mana problems, ask yourself this before getting more spirit:

• Did I use my innervates efficiently? (below 80% mana~ then on CD after)

• Did the mana cooldowns of my raid get used efficiently? (Shamans Mana Tide after some time in the fight then on CD after that, or Hymn of Hopes once or twice during the fight?)

• Did I try to time innervate with the Hymn of Hope 15% max mana buff (sometimes hard if the Hymn is sporadically called and you don't know when it will be used)
If you answered all these questions with a yes and your mana is still having trouble, you can look at your play style and ask
  • How much over healing did I do with my Non-HoTs/Non-Shrooms (if you know you can reduce this, especially with HoT's, it helps a ton)

• Did I die during the fight? and how can I avoid damage?
After you have exhausted all that information and you think you have done the best that you could have then I would say to start adding more spirit to your gear. Going up in about 1-2k intervals.

Of course you can always go up more spirit as a buffer until you feel like you are playing correctly and such.

This choice depends too much on your gameplay, so no exact number can be given. Also please state what state of raiding you are in; normal or heroic runs?

To step faster, I'll explain my choices to offer some opinion on the matter. I ran with 7,5k spirit on 10 and 8,5k spirit on 25man till patch 5.2... semi-hardcore. With ToT, I'm now on 10,5k spirit, mainly because some of the ToT fights are a real pain on mana (especially Primordius), and basicly the new gear is real helpful in stacking spirit... Btw, don't bother going for 2nd haste cap, it still sucks. Spirit to 10k, rest to mastery should be beautiful for ToT raiding.

http://eu.battle.net...k/Zegyra/simple

Hi guys, I am wondering how much spirit a druid needs to be fine for 25 man healing. Right now I am at 8,890 unbuffed but capable of going up to 12k I have dropped alot of spirit for mastery. I am currently at 28% mastery and 7.18% haste. I dropped alot of spirit for mastery because I feel in 25 man there is so many mana cooldowns that can be used that the spirit can be kinda low. Let me know is it worth it to drop that low in spirit and go into mastery I would like to know before tuesday.

i run about 11 to 13 k sprit. but my mastery is only 21-22 % so the 28 will have a little bigger heals but will run out of mana faster having run both 25 and 10 man i find the extra sprit keep me in the fight longer ya my heals are lower but i make up for it over time being able to heal more then most

There are different opinions. And it also depends on which set you got either t14 or t15.

The majority of users of elitistjerks values master after the first haste softcap and tend to promote low spirit builds, where lower means something beween 9 and 11k.

That's especially true if you got 4t14 where the most acceepted builds are extremely low on spirit.

On the other hand most of "pro" restoration druids promotes extremely high spirit builds, were high is 13k or more, even 16k. They just spam spirit in every socket and don't even use hybrid gems sometimes with X+spirit. But, they use tier 15 instead of T14.

I think that there is an absolute freedom about the choice, the choice should be related to your set, fight type, fight average lenght, raid composition and ofcourse, playstyle.

I run ten mans with a holy priest right now and I'm at about 10.000 spirit, with int flask. Which I will reduce to 9.000-ish one of these days.

My experience is that even when I'm casting Wild Growth and Swiftmend on cooldown and throwing rejuvs left and right, I'm still not running out of mana when the rest of the raid are performing well. Lifebloom grants me enough clearcasting that mana very rarely becomes a problem, and I just left my 2-set bonus behind for better ilvl-gear (I'm only at 496).

My guild aren't anywhere near edge progression, and if we were I'd be pushing for a little more spirit because it gives you the freedom to throw out some extra regrowths when people stand in fire.

If you're going for a low spirit build I suggest you get the Wild Growth glyph and use it with SotF on every fight with consistent raid damage (which is most of them at the moment). Might as well get the most bang for your buck. I was seriously reluctant about giving up ToL, but now I hardly miss it :)

That being said I agree with the above posters that it really is a play style choice and you might want to check with your co-healers to see how they're doing before you settle on something. Remember that your choices affect them almost as much as they do yourself!

Whatever you do, make sure to reach the first haste cap at 3034. It makes a huge difference.