Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Hearthstone Card Reveals: Boogeymonster, Renounce Darkness, Xaril, and Infest

7 posts in this topic

18185-hearthstone-card-reveals-boogeymon

There has been a flurry of new cards revealed in the past few days. This article covers four of them, which are: The Boogeymonster, Xaril Poisoned Mind, Infest, and Renounce Darkness. This brings the total number of revealed cards to thirty one.

QxaPEzc.png

Although we don't have anything like complete information, this seems like a weak constructed card. The extra two mana paid over the cost of Boulderfist Ogre seems to make the upside not worth it. The clause about having to attack even removes any fun that could be had by giving it taunt.

cd8Ud9d.png

Xaril is a fascinating card, and is in a class that can make good use of the cheap spells it provides. The Toxin cards are pictured below.

60yaC4h.png

It seems likely that Xaril will see play in Standard. Although the stat line is bad, the Toxin cards seem powerful in Rogue. As well as being activators for Combo they also work well with cards like Gadgetzan Auctioneer which is played in Miracle variants. The Deathrattle has some synergy with Unearthed Raptor, and it will be interesting to see exactly what Xaril's role turns out to be.

ahmasTZ.png

Infest is another piece on the way to a Control Hunter deck. It doesn't seem likely at this time that it will be powerful enough to push that deck to the fore. It will likely see testing in Midrange Hunter to see if it creates enough cards often enough to be of use.

xixjLPq.png

Writing a sensible paragraph about this card without having played it is a difficult task. The upside of cards costing 1 less for an entire game probably shouldn't be underrated. The cards however will have very little synergy. This is going to be a card that will require a lot of testing to see how it is best used.

Maybe I'm crazy but I like the idea of renounce darkness. I'm a fan of RNG games/decks; however, I totally understand that this card may not be useful when trying to climb ladder.

Xaril should be rather strong in a rogue deck, and can work with both Brann and N'zoth. 

Maybe I'm crazy but I like the idea of renounce darkness. I'm a fan of RNG games/decks; however, I totally understand that this card may not be useful when trying to climb ladder.

As long as it's not totally overpowered, which I don't think it is, then I'm all for cards that add fun to the game!

Xaril should be rather strong in a rogue deck, and can work with both Brann and N'zoth.

I'm also wondering if the Toxins will be just for one card, or if we'll see them again.

Xaril is a cheap version of Toshley and Toxins are some sort of "Spare Parts v2.0" Guess there will be some more cards with them.

Renounce Darkness, I would say its raher fun card like Summoning stone, or Tree of Life. In constructed I see it like, last resort when you face terribly unfavorite matchup.

Infest, coupled with Fake Death or Hounds, in my opinion a little bit OP, you can get 10 cards in your hand on one turn. Random factor plays its role, but compare to the card advantage that you will get it is negletable downside.

2 people like this

I look at Infest, and I instantly think of a Release the Hounds->Infest combo to gain instant card advantage with an array of potentially devastating beasts to drop on a substantially cleared board next turn.