FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
terpthree

Haste and Mastery Afflict Lock

I have a question about re-forging/gemming. I have read a lot of conflicting answers on this regarding haste / mastery. Some say haste is significantly more important and some say mastery. Right now my haste is high, 19.5% (8,139) unbuffed while my mastery is at 48% (4,661) unbuffed. Intellect 16,429.

Using simcraft I got my reforge scales and graph for haste and mastery and through that it tells me that reforging to haste always grants more dps then mastery, in fact it suggests reforging another 1000 haste into mastery would grant a dps boost.

My question is how accurate is simcraft in terms of haste vs. mastery for locks. Would it be beneficial to reforge some of my haste into mastery? I'm pulling 80-90k right now on raid bosses that don't give you buffs on bosses like elegon 100-120.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysera/Terpthree/simple

I'm still confused here as to how much haste, crit and mastery I should aim for.

At the moment, my mastery is 111%, haste is 21% and crit 24%.....am I going wrong somewhere? I am currently 870 ilvl 110affliction pve based build x= not selected and 0 = selected

(15) x-0-x

(30) x-0-x

(45) x-0-x

(60) x-0-x

(75) 0-x-x

(90) 0-x-x

(100) x-0-x

4 hours ago, Silencious said:

I'm still confused here as to how much haste, crit and mastery I should aim for.

At the moment, my mastery is 111%, haste is 21% and crit 24%.....am I going wrong somewhere? I am currently 870 ilvl 110affliction pve based build x= not selected and 0 = selected

First:

ai1mj.png

Second: Welcome to the forums, I'm going to lock this thread after I answer your question since the thread was made in 2013 and the OP/first posts are all very crazy way hugely outdated now.

Third:

115-125% mastery-ish, then dump into crit>haste. Exact numbers aren't very important, general stats are fine.

Fourth:

(15) x-0-x

(30) x-0-x

(45) x-0-x

(60) x-0-x

(75) 0-x-x

(90) 0-x-x

(100) x-0-x

I've never seen someone do their talents that way...the commonly accepted and easier way of saying that would be "2222112" Counting 1-2-3 looking at the talents left to right and then assigning each number in order of tier.

Your talent set up is horrid. Writhe in Agony is really bad for 99.9% of content, same with AC. Sow is AoE only, Phantom Singularity is basically never used unless you're doing that one strat for Spellblade mythic.

For ST use: 3111113

For AoE use: 3112113

Please take a look at the aff guide to get more information. If you have other questions, would like to request a log review, etc. feel free to make a new thread.