FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chronis

Healing class to compliment a disc priest for 10 mans

Hey guys. First time poster here. My guild is just starting to raid 10 mans, and we'll be primarily two healing. I'll be one of the healers along with a disc priest. Any suggestions on what a good healing class would be to compliment a disc priest (besides a monk since mine is only lvl 50)? Also, why do you think this? Does it really matter? I've been looking for opinions elsewhere on this, but haven't seen anything. I'd be especially interested in hearing from disc priests out there who are in 10 man raiding. If any other info would help let me know. Thanks for any input!

When 2healing can be achieved we go to a disc/hpally setup (bosses 1->6, megaera excluded), for the others we were able to clear using 3heal for extra safety (resto shammy).

Honestly, anything will work well with a Disc Priest. H pally is usually better for most cases, but having a resto shaman as a 3rd healer (or even having yourself switch as a 2nd healer) can complement them both with their much needed cooldowns.

A druid would also be nice, but it is the choice of having bursty healing vs everyone at not at full all the time.

IMO, use a paladin for your default one but also gear up the resto shaman where you can for specific fight mechanics. Even better, is have Disc/Paladin/Shaman for those 3 heal scenarios.

Just so you know how it should work, for a Paladin/Disc set up, the priest should be the primary raid healer, while the paladin is the tank healer. They both can easily cross between the two, and they should help each other out, but those are your two primary jobs.

I'd suggest a druid, but then again I play one.

Their hots really compliments the absorbs of the disc priest. You loose some burst healing, but really if a druid utilises his entire toolset (including shrooms!) it's not a lot.

Also they offer a lot of versality (stampeding roar, combat ress, etc.).

Thanks for your responses guys. These were exctly the types of opinions I was looking for. I'll be gearing my pally, and we'll try to get a druid or shaman to dps or heal depending on the fight. Thanks!

I would have to say a Resto Shammy.

I have played pally shammy and monk heals, But as a duo Both have OP shields and Shamans have really nice aoe healing.