Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mit213

Frost Armor as Arcane eventually?

5 posts in this topic

Ignore this, I hadn't checked the guide lately.

I had been wondering about stat priority ever since I heard of the RPPM trinkets and the legendary meta gem, so this thought popped into my head. Will Frost Armor ever pull ahead of Mage Armor at higher levels of gear with more haste available? A while back I had this question about Molten Armor and Frost Armor because I saw the 7% against the 5%, but I was told that 7% worth of haste rating is less rating than 5% worth of crit rating. What I am wondering though, is will haste pull ahead in usefulness when before other haste it gives 2975 rating worth of haste, and since the Frost Armor's haste provided is multiplicative? Let's say you have 20% haste and you put on Frost Armor, your new haste won't be 27%, but instead 1.2*1.07=1.284 which means you got an additional .014=1.4% haste=595 rating. 595 extra rating due to that means an additional 170 more stat rating than 7% flat haste, and 145 more total stat rating than Mage Armor and Molten Armor.

The benefits I see with this are that you get more haste from the following:

T15 2 piece set bonus.

All haste you put on your gear by 7% (12.35% with spell haste raid buff).

Bloodlust

Legendary gem

Something else I am sure I forgot.

I'm not 100% on the accuracy of everything I have stated, but from what I have gathered, I believe it is all pretty much true. I took this here because you all are more of the theorycrafters/math guys than I am, and have probably dealt with this before and know the answer.

Edited by Mit213

On a side note.

Where are you going to use Mage Armor again? Except in some fights with deadly magical effects or in PvP against casters.

Edited by Johnzinho

PvP is literally the only time I can think of unless you really need that reduced magic debuff portion of Mage Armor because the gap should keep increasing more and more as time goes on.

I know that Mage Fires soloing Alysrazor usually pick Mage Armor due to the increased buffs do critical and haste. But that's the far I can think.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Medivh Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Kirwow
      Hey there!
      I've recently started playing a mage, and I feel like my performance is a little below where it should be right now... I feel like I have the basics of the fire rotation down, but I really want to make any improvements that I can.. I don't really know where i'm going wrong, or what i'm doing that is causing a gap in numbers between me and similarly geared players. I have a log from a normal Xavius fight from earlier, maybe someone could take a look at it and point out any mistakes or give a few pointers?
      Thanks for your time!
      WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xDnCkjbgT7qfMXt1
      armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Networks/advanced
    • By Archimage
      Wanted to share this:

• By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell