FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
vagiclapter

i have hit a wall with warrior dps :( help!!

Recently i have been playing my warrior and i have noticed that i hit a wall of like 50 to 65k damage and cant get passed it. I really dont know whats going on i really need help i love my warrior but the failure to see numbers i desire is just making me lose interest and getting me a little heated with the class.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Gutastic/simple

dps is pretty much based off hitting the raid target dummy.

Edited by vagiclapter

First of all, welcome to the forums :) I hope you can get the help you're looking for from us :P

Second, I've ran your character through simulationcraft, looking at a target dummy fight. That means only self buffs, no food, no flask and no potion, and for a ~5 minutes fight, simCraft gives you a DPS of 65k.

If you say that's what you're doing on a dummy, it doesn't look too bad to me.

Of course, the better option would be to give us more details (what exact rotation are you using [sajakain's arms guide might help you a bit with that, he's a better arms warrior than me], combat logs from an LFR or any other raid if possible, etc.)

If you don't know how to record and post combat logs just let us know, we'll be glad to help.

-Rage

Just thought I'd poke my head in here while we wait for a reply from Vagiclapter.

In addition to what Ragebarr has said I would encourage you to tidy up your gear with enchants and gems; this along with proper reforging will do nothing but help your output. A good place to start would be here: Gutastic @ Stormrage: Mr. Robot.

If you have any questions; do not hesitate to ask.

thank you guys so much for such a fast response. Yea im trying to decide which spec is putting out the most dps for my ilvl right now and rotation i need to use to achieve that dps anything tips on rotations for arms or fury? again thank you

vagiclapter

I run a warrior as well. . . Arms and with comporable gear. I am doing around 70K average and some fights I am around 110K DPS Most of my adjustments for hit and expertise are done through reforging so that every possible gem I can put towards strength I do. You can not reforge stats to strength at all and that is your most important stat followed by crit. You have even put split gems that can use a full crit gem with a crit/hit gem. . . I try not to do that at all.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/medivh/Muttmutt/advanced

I use reforge lite in game to do all of my reforging and then for red gem slots a strength gem goes in no matter what, yellows generally get a crit gem and blues get whatever I feel will make things work a bit better. If you are having a problem with rotations try spellflash and see how things go. I use it as having multiple maxed toons sometimes it's nice to give me a reminder.

As per your talents I would make some changes. Dragon Roar and pick up Bladestorm. . . there are way too many fights now where multiple targets are available and IMHO has a much better chance to be used to increase your dps. I use impending victory and that may be a better option for you as it will become a part of your rotation. . . it costs no rage so it's a freebe hit and hits for a lot more than what the label shows. It also gives a heal you can control and can be saved for a little bit to keep you up when a healer falls behind I also am rarely stunned in a fight but often can use the heal to top off before some burst AOE damage and it works even if at full health. I also run storm bolt instead of Avatar, I hit on a boss around 130K each time it hits and have had crits in damage meters showing up near 500K.

To gain a little extra rage during a boss fight and help heals through some high damage bursts on tanks or where a tank misses a taunt I switch to berserker stance and pop Vigilance. I sap off 30% of the damage the tank would have taken and gain rage based off of the damage taken. 95% of the time this is seamless to healers as I am taking very little damage and just get topped off and I have saved MANY tanks using this scheme. I also get to gain a decent amount of rage during this point.

You are also losing out not having a pair of maxed professions, it may seem trivial but a couple extra sockets can add 320 strength or 640 crit with blacksmithing alone. . . if you have the gold you can even go for a couple crafting professions and have the even better gems along with the extra sockets. You have skinning which will give a crit bonus but you need to work something else to help your toon along.

anything tips on rotations for arms or fury? again thank you

Icy Veins 5.2 Fury Rotation

Icy Veins: 5.2 Arms Rotation

Ragebarr's 5.2 Fury Warrior Tips, Talents, and gear questions

Sajakain's 5.2 Arms Warrior: The Other DPS Spec.... (A Guide)

Without the process of repeating any of the information in these four linked guides I would simply say read them. Icy Veins is a strict "how to" guide. Ragebarr's Guide and my own are written from "hands on" experience; Ragebarr excels at the Fury spec and I excel at the Arms spec; read them accordingly for various tips; all four threads are useful.

im kind of confused when to throw in a slam or heroic strike, im so bad lol

As Arms, slam is your primary rage dump. If you cannot spend rage fast enough then you can use Heroic Strike to quickly dump the rage as Heroic Strike is not on the GCD (Global Cooldown).