FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BansheeSC

Rip me apart and help me. Affliction.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Curthas/simple

Now that I've hit a decent amount of gear, I need to learn the very minute details of Affliction. I know about empowered dots, I use them on my main (shadow priest). I have the rotation down, my situationals could be better, like when to pop the Doomgaurd.

I know I'm missing gems and enchants, waiting for the JC in my guild to get on and do some cuts for me. I don't want to be a hinderence to any LFRs or future raids I join, or be carried. Should I keep gemming the Sensei's Wild Jade for my blue and yellow slots? Should I try to stay close to hit cap? I use the addon reforgelite to help me, plus common sense to get rid of the crit on my gear.

I don't want to be a bad lock, or a good lock. I want to be a great one, and I want to excel at Affliction.

If any other information is needed, let me know, this is my first real time asking for help with any of my characters.

You can stack Mastery if you like. Some prefer Haste, and I think that Haste is more beneficial in the long run. Get to your hit cap and stay there. There is a ton of information on how to excel as an Affliction Warlock here, so make sure you browse though that. Reforging and gemming choices aren't going to break your DPS wide open. Excelling at applying DoTs at the right time and keeping Haunt applied at the right time will.

Checked WorldOfLogs. every guild on Sen'jin that has pushed logs. No instances of your character being in any of them.

I did find one of my old guilds from Garrosh server that i guess did a guild transfer....that was kinda neat.

Yeah, what Gravy said. Provide logs if you really want some help.

If you want to be "a great one" as far as general warlocks go, then don't play Affliction yet. Your gear is set to last tier's LFR and Affliction isn't performing well at that ilvl anymore. Learn Destruction if you want to pump out numbers. Otherwise, be prepared to settle for mediocrity for awhile.