FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
benjam1997

frost mage BiS

hey, i am starting this in response to the BiS for 5.2, i checked Askmrrobot and frost mages BiS is the staff from the twins according to this and also, why is the Breath of the Chromatic Hydra good, as our only DoT is nether tempest or living bomb, we dont hav lots of DoTs so it will barely proc, why not have a useful BiS trink?

with the correct gemmuing and enchanting and reforges i reckon Askmrrobots list is the best in slot list thats good for all classes and specs, why is this so different?

:(

Breath of the Hydra will proc just as much for Frost Mages using Nether Tempest as it will for Fire Mages. The proc is not tied to how many DoTs you have.

I don't think Ask Mr. Robot is advising to use a Staff.

The justification for our BiS list is the Haste Rating is amazing for Frost Mages. So, when you have 2 items of the same level, you will just go for the one that has the most Haste Rating on it (unless one of the items somehow gives you more Intellect).

• Like 1

Further to what Damien said it has a 100% proc chance according to Wowhead so as long as a DoT is on a target it will proc as much as if you had multiple DoTs

Edited by Kevmc82

well, wouldnt the Chan-Ya trink be better than breath? i think ill follow this list but modify it for the trink

and for the breath of the hydra, i got the raid finder version and didnt like it straight away, but i tried it on the target dummies, i went through 15 nether tempests and had no proc, so unlike a warlock that has so much DoTs so this trink would be epic, mages are bad with it

BiS lists are derived from simulations and testing etc so there is always wiggle room for personal preference as playstyle will never be 100% exact to the sims and testing. Cha-Ye's trinket is also 100% proc chance but it is reliant on you getting a crit in the first place for it to proc.

i know it is, but as frost mage wiuth the intence crit and shatter effects youy get, you always crit anyway

and for the breath of the hydra, i got the raid finder version and didnt like it straight away, but i tried it on the target dummies, i went through 15 nether tempests and had no proc, so unlike a warlock that has so much DoTs so this trink would be epic, mages are bad with it

You can't make a conclusion based on 15 Nether Tempests. The T15 trinkets are almost all RPPM, which means that they are set to proc a given number of times per minute in average. So, you can get many procs in a very short time and none for several minutes.

• Like 1