FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ThroxxicUS

Warlock Timer addons

Ok, been seeing a few vids on youtube.com and I'm noticing that some players are using a addon I believe that shows dot duration on the target frames where the debuffs show up. Anyone happen to know what its called?

There are a few DoT addons. You could use whatever unit frames you're using to show debuffs, or something like ForteXorcist. I personally use Forte right now and have it configured to show my DoTs on every target (ones that I'm not targeting are kind of faded out) and I've placed it above my target's frame, so I can see what time is left.

Without being more specific I can't be of more help :( Can you link one of the videos that you're looking at so somebody can point out the addon?

Affdots will incorporate itself into your unit frames. You might have to use pit bull unit frames, not sure. Anyway, you should be using affdots if your not...no lock is complete without it!

I use elvui that shows my dot times. Also use affdots. You can change affdots to a bar style and it will give the same duration style cast bar along with all the other awesome info it gives. Affdots gives you current strength of your dots if you where to refresh along with times left on current dots. It's an excellent tool for getting the most out of your procs.

Edited by Cedrin

Ah yes I forgot about AffDots (which is funny because I use it; where's my Shivarra to beat me?). I wasn't too big a fan of the bar style though, but I might go back to it. Not to derail the OP but if I'm using AffDots, then I should use those bars instead of ForteXorcist right? I mean, I like how Forte can show ALL targets, not just the current target (makes it a bit easier to see "oh hey I have to refresh the dots on X"), but it seems a bit redundant to use two tracking addons, right?

Affdots will incorporate itself into your unit frames. You might have to use pit bull unit frames, not sure. Anyway, you should be using affdots if your not...no lock is complete without it!

Any demo or destro lock says herro.

I use custom weakauras to track my dots because I'm cool and shiat.

Any demo or destro lock says herro.

I use custom weakauras to track my dots because I'm cool and shiat.

any chance you have a shot of your UI in combat?

Edited by Gravyspasm

I use Affdots as Demo and Destro. I find it easier to track Immolate's damage, even if it is a minor change. Continued habit, I guess. However, it's VERY beneficial for Demonology. It puts a "c" by the spell power coefficient for Doom to let you know you have a 100% Crit Doom on that target. This is invaluable for multi-target fights. It also lets you track Corruption. If you time it right, refreshing Doom and Corruption with Perfect Aim lets you use one global on Touch of Chaos to extend/buff Corruption. If you cancel Meta at that time and go back to your caster rotation, Corruption will tick at 100% Crit as well as whatever else it was empowered with. Affdots tracks this, as well.

Is there an addon that tracks whether or not a mob is being hit by rain of fire? ForteXorcist and Affdots both only track the rain of fire buff on you. I ask, because sometimes a boss does not have to be right on top of the rain of fire to get hit, see megaera; where you can rain of fire in between the head and still have them both get hit.

Not that I know of, but there probably is. Honestly for that specific case I'd just queue up for LFR and practice placement. Cast only RoF and see if numbers pop up over their heads.

Is there an addon that tracks whether or not a mob is being hit by rain of fire? ForteXorcist and Affdots both only track the rain of fire buff on you. I ask, because sometimes a boss does not have to be right on top of the rain of fire to get hit, see megaera; where you can rain of fire in between the head and still have them both get hit.

Technically, according to the game, they are right on top of the RoF. The only reason they hit is because they're hit box is massive. But, yea..

As for tracking if RoF is actively ticking on something, I just have my elvui set to display the RoF debuff on my current target, so I know when it isn't there o.o.