Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Speakre

Trinkets: Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan assault

3 posts in this topic

5.2 Shadow Priests:

Need help with this one. Why exactly is the 522 Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault, which provides a haste value just above than your haste break pt and essentially doubles your haste more than 2x, is valued less than the 522 Wushoolay’s Final Choice, which, at best through reforging, provides 500 haste .

Yes, Intellect gains this trinket provides equates to nice spell power, but Haste is king for shadow, is it not?

From my research from world of logs, all top dpsing spriest have Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault equipped. Why is there such a disconnect between what people playing actually using and what the “Theory-craft” online states?

Someone help clear this up

Edited by Speakre

Lots have happened since yesterday. We pugged another, very similiar ilvl spriest into our group, and on a single target boss fight, I got beat. I was stacking Haste and mastery past 2nd haste cap prior.. without yet having my legendary meta or lei shen trinket. While he stacked crit and mastery past 2nd haste cap. Though he had his 2 set bonus and I did not, he beat me cleanly by 10k damage. I've since reforged to crit and mastery, and dropped the volatile trinket for wushoolay.

Lesson of the story folks. Listen to the theorycraft. Thought I'd follow up to this and admit to this pie in the face moment to help other spriest out and clear up any potential confusion.

A bit more information:

• We both were specc'd in insainity and Power Infusion
  • The boss fight was Dark Animus
  • Will follow up next week once my guild hits Dark Animus again to report my numbers. I'll be able to assess my re-speccing differences on our farm bosses as well.

I've spent a good deal of time looking into this trinket issue, and from What I've researched, having any of the T15 trinkets as an spriest, requires you to change your stat priority from crit > haste to haste > crit because of the effect haste has on proc rate.

Wushoolay's Final Choice especially is tied to your haste. At 18% haste, the uptime rate for me was only %... at 27% haste the uptime rate jumped to 40%, which is a truly massive increase in damage from that trinket alone.

Breath of the Hydra has an equally significant increase uptime from 21% to 39%.

Volatile Talisman procs are not effected by Haste increases.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration And Balance.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Dragon Priest Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By bangla
      Hello everyone,

First of all here is my armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/archimonde/Felantril/simple
      So I recently got some trinkets and I'm pretty confused about which one I should take, I looked at the comparison on here but it didn't really help, I hope you guys can.
      Here are the trinkets I have equipped at the moment :
      860 Thrice-Accursed Compass (1,353 Agility, 322 Critical Strike, Haste and Mastery)
      880 Tempered egg of Serpentix (1,631 Agility)
      And in my bags I have :
      850 Stormsinger Fulmination Charge (1,233 Agility)
      865 Eye of Skovald (986 Critical Strike)

I do not care about the item level at all, I think it's worth saying.
      Can you help me figuring out which trinket should I use? 
      Thanks !
    • By NasharStormrage
      So,
      Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.
      I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 
      Thoughts?... 

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Dragon Priest Gadgetzan Standard Deck