FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Speakre

Trinkets: Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan assault

5.2 Shadow Priests:

Need help with this one. Why exactly is the 522 Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault, which provides a haste value just above than your haste break pt and essentially doubles your haste more than 2x, is valued less than the 522 Wushoolay’s Final Choice, which, at best through reforging, provides 500 haste .

Yes, Intellect gains this trinket provides equates to nice spell power, but Haste is king for shadow, is it not?

From my research from world of logs, all top dpsing spriest have Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault equipped. Why is there such a disconnect between what people playing actually using and what the “Theory-craft” online states?

Someone help clear this up

Edited by Speakre

Lots have happened since yesterday. We pugged another, very similiar ilvl spriest into our group, and on a single target boss fight, I got beat. I was stacking Haste and mastery past 2nd haste cap prior.. without yet having my legendary meta or lei shen trinket. While he stacked crit and mastery past 2nd haste cap. Though he had his 2 set bonus and I did not, he beat me cleanly by 10k damage. I've since reforged to crit and mastery, and dropped the volatile trinket for wushoolay.

Lesson of the story folks. Listen to the theorycraft. Thought I'd follow up to this and admit to this pie in the face moment to help other spriest out and clear up any potential confusion.

A bit more information:

• We both were specc'd in insainity and Power Infusion
  • The boss fight was Dark Animus
  • Will follow up next week once my guild hits Dark Animus again to report my numbers. I'll be able to assess my re-speccing differences on our farm bosses as well.

I've spent a good deal of time looking into this trinket issue, and from What I've researched, having any of the T15 trinkets as an spriest, requires you to change your stat priority from crit > haste to haste > crit because of the effect haste has on proc rate.

Wushoolay's Final Choice especially is tied to your haste. At 18% haste, the uptime rate for me was only %... at 27% haste the uptime rate jumped to 40%, which is a truly massive increase in damage from that trinket alone.

Breath of the Hydra has an equally significant increase uptime from 21% to 39%.

Volatile Talisman procs are not effected by Haste increases.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tomseno
      Raid/Class Spots Are Open To Any Applicant If The Player Is The Right Fit
      A guild formed with an ambition for progression and a love for M+ we decided to make the move from Silvermoon Alliance and form a guild to take our focus to the next level, Cutting Edge in 10.1 being the next step.
      We believe in building a guild by recruit players of a similar goal and mentality whether it be for raiding or for push score in Mythic plus. We value loyalty, honesty and a positive attitude towards setbacks. Communication skills are an absolute must.
      Raid Schedule
      Wednesday 20:30-23:00 Sunday 20:30-23:00
      Current Progression
      9/9HC 5/9M
      What are we looking for recruitment wise?
      We're currently open to recruiting DPS classes listed above, as we aim to solidify a stable 25-player roster. We're looking to provide competition to existing members and choose the best 25 players to proceed with for next tier.
      Contact Information:
      Discord; tomsen and lora1506
      Think you'd be a good fit?
      If you believe that you are a player that is looking to achieve the same goals as us then why not contact us and see if we can achieve our goals together!
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Shadow Priest Leveling Guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Holy Priest Leveling Guide.
    • By Daevilmonkie
      Welcome Adventurers! The time has come upon us, FINALLY! The moment in Classic WoW history us diehard, loyal WoW nerds have all been waiting for. WRATH CLASSIC! Arthas Did Nothing Wrong (ADNW) has just begun recruiting (For WotLK Classic) hard-core, casual, rp, pvp, pve, raiders, anything you can think of, you are welcomed here. Although our main focus in ADNW will be progressive raiding, 10 and 25 man and pvp content, we look to have someone for just about anything. Currently we are recruiting for our CORE 10M team composed entirely of irl / internet homies. We are in need of just 1 HEALER (Highly prefer a disc priest with a shadow off spec) and another DPS. Preferably lock or Shadow priest. We are looking to fill our B 10m team entirely, so we can pool together for 25 man’s when it comes time to crush 25m. This guild was founded by a group of tight nit friends recently, who have been around since TBC. WOTLK was our turning point in WoW, and we CANNOT wait to get another crack at this and MAKE IT RIGHT. Come join the adventure of a chill environment full of helpful hands and knowledge. Feel free to reach out to me Via Discord: Daevilmonkiexp#9239 OR Bnet: Daevilmonkie#1280 just let me know you are interested in the guild and we can have a convo! ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG!
    • By OneShotGamingMLG
      To all who read,
      I am a WoW player and have been since vanilla, I’ve played several variances of classes through the expansions and this round settled with shadow priest which I ran through the majority of Legion and BfA. I have never written a guide or forum post before but decided I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions and see how other players in the same position feel as well.

I would like to ask people to respect everyone’s opinion as this forum topic will be a place for unusual class builds, talent choices, and stat priorities. Everyone plays the game for fun and should be able to build a toon that is effective utilizing a multi style approach. I do believe that the simulators are awesome for checking gear and choices when it comes to specific cases perhaps PvP. That being said though, I feel as though sims are not really a good indicator of a talent choice or gear piece’s level of effectiveness. I am by no means a tremendously good player, probably average to be honest, but ask any top tier player and they will tell you very rarely does a pull go “perfect” for their class. these simulations then are only showing if something goes perfect, so I thought why not build a class around what “actually” happens versus the “perfect pull”, so that is what I did.
      I would love to hear what other players thoughts on the matter are and list what your individual stat priorities are and maybe discuss why!
      mine are as follows;
      1.) Mastery = Versatility
        (both of these boost damage output but versatility is not limited by number of DoTs so it helps if you are struggling to keep skills on targets.)
      2.) Haste (this increases the amount of ticks per cast, when paired with high Vers and mastery you deal large DoT damage which is great if you’re in a high movement fight.)
      3.) Critical
       This for many reasons is great. First, shadowy app procs, and secondly just plain damage bumps. Lastly, and arguably most important though is the shadow word death damage boost. When we execute (comparing to warrior skill) it deals increased damage naturally to targets below 20% health I believe. When you pair this with high mastery Vers and a decent crit chance you can execute for incredibly high amounts of damage to help that end fight dps chart!