Enhammy - MH or OH

3 posts in this topic

I just saw a fellow Enhammy running around with his higher DPS weapon in his OH and whispered him that his weapons had gottens swapped. I mean I learned years ago that you put the higher DPS weapon in the MH, right? Then I started to think how many things have changed over the years and maybe he knows something I don't. So I started to think about it. Why do we do this? SS uses both equally, LL charges the OH and works from OH DPS. Is it because of Windfury procs? I'm not finding information on our white melee damage and mabye that's it?

Is it still true that we want our higher DPS weapon in our MH?

The miss chance for your offhand weapon is much higher, so you should have your best weapon in your MH slot as a matter of course.

1 person likes this

AFAIK from my limited experience, white damage still does a large proportion of our DPS as Enhancement. Since the miss chance is high for OH, it's a pretty big DPS boost to put the highest DPS onto the MH.

Makes sense :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Subs01
      <Wakening> is a newly formed guild on Sylvanas alliance side, we are looking to fill up the ranks to get a full team ready for mythic. 

We are a semi-hardcore guild, we expect you to be performing your best and constantly looking to improve, 5/7 was cleared on our first night together so things are moving along smoothly!

Our raid times are Wednesday, Sunday and Monday 21:00 - 00:00 server time.

Currently we are looking for players of all classes but specifically ranged DPS and Tanks. 

Please contact Subs#2165 on battle tag or reply to this thread if you think you're up to it!
    • By Primarch
      First all, glad to be here.  Secondly, I have some friends playing and they need me to play a single target DPS machine.  Right now, I'm thinking Rogue, or Arms Warrior.  Possibly Mage or Shaman as a backup selection.
      Warrior can also tank if need be.  I had considered Paladin, but I have heard they can't do well in Mythic stuff? 
    • By Triggie
      <Ruin> Alliance on Ravencrest is recruiting DPS

We are a guild created by a large group of friends who have been playing games together for years we have decided with the upcoming release of legion we would like to create our own guild, We are a friendly bunch and we like to have fun while we play and we spend alot of time online talking on teamspeak while playing wow and other games.

The shared vision of the guild is to clear all Mythic content in legion in a relaxed and sensible raid enviroment - we have extensive raid experience in old content and current Mythic content as many of us have been playing since vanilla.

Raid times listed below are servertime:

- Wednesday - 20:00-00:00
      - Thursday - 20:00-00:00.

What we expect from you.

- 90% Raid attendance.

- Commitment to raids which includes:

- Bringing consumables(Flasks, Food, Potions & Runes).

- Knowing the fights and any mechanics relevant to the encounter.

- Knowing your class, rotations, using any macros and addons that will help improve your performance.

If the above interests you please apply on our forums:

Or contact an officer directly

Nymme - Gromtor#2887
      Shadowzade - Reaper#2889
      Triggie - Sniiq#2331
      Bizket - Bizket#2741

Thank you for reading.
    • By Athosius
      i was wondering about a few trinkets as i'm trying to max my dmg since my guild will be trying myth soon (can't complain atm, dmg is quite good)
      Last night i got
      from Heroic Cenarius. I switched my 825 Devilsaur Shockbaton for it. Other trinket atm is 855 Faulty Countermeasure.
      What i'm wondering is, another Enha is running
      and the proc'd stats difference is quite significant, as CoW procs at 865 with 2,760 Crit/Mastery/Haste whereas Memento on 855 with sth around 4,5k same stats. Duration is different, 10s uptime CoW, 6s Memento. Still i feel like a Memento on 865 could outperform CoW, since it also hast alot Mainstat. Simcraft won't give me contructive feedback, no matter how ofter i run in (more than 10k actions). has anyone some info on these two trinkets?
      Is CoW good, or do i need to farm Maw of Souls again like a mad man (with this weeks teeming/necrotic not that easy)?
      Bonus Question: Couldn't dig up any information about FCM being nerfed for Enha, can someone enlighten me why it's not good anymore?
      Thx in advance!