Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Hearthstone Card Reveals: Deathwing - Dragonlord and Embrace the Shadow

3 posts in this topic

20064-hearthstone-card-reveals-deathwing

We are now being rationed on a steady two cards per day. This article covers Deathwing-Dragonlord and Embrace the Shadow. The total number of revealed cards has now reached sixty one. Blizzard have announced a live stream on April 21, and it seems likely we will get a mass reveal on that date.

OA7qXVH.png

Deathwing, Dragonlord is another interesting large minion. A 12/12 for 10 with an upside is definitely a minion to be taken seriously. With the playable large minions we have already seen, and an apparent slowdown in the meta, it is a card that will need serious testing. There seems to be a fair amount of synergy developing for 10-cost minions, with cards such as Ancient Harbinger, and it seems increasingly likely that a large minion deck will be an archetype worthy of investigation.

N80N4UL.png

Embrace the Shadow is a build-around card. While it is possible that there are ways to turn it into a win condition, it seems likely that a card that has almost zero stand alone value will lead to decks not being consistent enough to support it.

Links to other recently revealed cards:

Thistle Tea and Twilight Summoner Here.
Wisps of the Old Gods and Soggoth the Slitherer Here.
Cho'Gall and Possessed Villager Here.
Yogg-Saron and Spreading Madness, plus lore Here.
Blood Warriors and Call of the Wild Here.
Hammer of Twilight, Mire Keeper, Blood of The Ancient One Here.
Thing From Below, Master of Evolution, and Vilefin Inquisitor Here.
The Entourage of Y'Shaarj: Here.

New Deathwing, well I dont know, Stats are good but the thing is that big question about Battlecry. in general card that are dropped on the table that way do not proc their own Battlecry effect. So in general with specific dragons it will work and I believe we will see dragon Paladins for the early Deathwing but there is always a Doom and Twisting Nenther to wreck that play.

Embrace the Shadow, in my opinion this will be indeed build-around card, so I believe there will be Prophet Velen Combo Priests. On the other hand it can be used as cheaper removal combo that Auchenai Soulpriest, since in can be used efficiently in many situations.

1 person likes this

Combo and you have 2 Deathwings for half the price. With some magic, I think it could work. Definitely going to try it, even though I don't really like combo decks.