FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamtears

Overlooking Purification

Just bringing this up. I had overlooked purification as a significant help on tanks. It is a passive spell - so I never really paid attention to it. (naughty naughty). However to make the most of it you need to spam some heals on the tank or target to get Ancestral Vigor to the max of 10% of their health. For a tank this can be 55k - 65k plus extra health pool - the difference between taking a big hit and not taking a big hit if things get ugly. You then only need to roll riptide on them to keep maintain this extra health buff at its full potential. I had been rolling riptide on tanks but it starts out a mere 8k and slowly stacks over a period of time. I spam the heals before the pull. I do not think the whole benefit of purification is noted in the shaman healing guide meaning that to make the most of it - stack it to the full 10% of their health pool before a pull.

This is a good point, and especially so if you're planning on healing the tank a lot during the fight. Bear in mind that your Earth Shield adds healing done to the tank, too!