Damien

Legendary Hunter Midrange Standard

68 posts in this topic

I replaced Sylv with N'zoth, the Corruptor.. Thoughts?

Just letting you know of the spelling error I think you meant to put Infected Wolf.

What could be used as replacements for Huge Toad and Quick Shot?

Post mentions infested tauren when it should be infested wolf.

I have been trying this deck out, it performed very well against warlock zoo, paladin, and other hunters as it can get 2 for 1 on a lot of their minions. Even though it's a midrange deck I found that I ended up rushing them down by turn 8. Match up against mage was pretty bad, tried taking out one call of the wild and quick shot for tomb spiders to get more cards but still couldn't get board control and/or card advantage. Any ideas?

I've replaced 2x Huge Toads with 2 King's Elekks. It's still a beast and has a solid 3/2 body for the same 2-mana cost of the toad, plus it might provide card draw if it procs against your opponent's deck, which there should be a reasonable chance of given the 8 4-6 mana cost minions in the deck. 

I've replaced 2x Huge Toads with 2 King's Elekks. It's still a beast and has a solid 3/2 body for the same 2-mana cost of the toad, plus it might provide card draw if it procs against your opponent's deck, which there should be a reasonable chance of given the 8 4-6 mana cost minions in the deck. 

Seems fine.

I replaced Sylv with N'zoth, the Corruptor.. Thoughts?

Not a deck that wants to carry a 10 Mana card. Call of the Wild is already plenty of late-game.

Can I fin in Princess Huhuran somewhere ?

I got her for free smile.png

Oh for however many times playing this deck so far.  Haven't won a single game and have dropped from level 5 to level 7.

I substituted a toad for a spawn of n'zoth.  The synergy with beast-summoning cards like Unleash the hounds proved to be pretty good.

Can I fin in Princess Huhuran somewhere ?

I got her for free smile.png

Yeah, she's not a bad card even if you don't hit a Deathrattle with her, so it's never going to be bad, I just didn't find room to include her.

How about replacing a Ram wrangler with Princess Huhuran. She might be a more consistent 5 drop even. If you play ram wrangler without synergy is a disaster. But 6 5 for 5 mana and beast is good even without synergy.

I can't play this in Standard format. . .

I can't play this in Standard format. . .

Why not? All the cards in this deck can be played in standard. If there is a card from Naxx, BrM or rewards set, it should be in red in your deck editor. Could you please tell me what card it is?

Won 8 straight games in low ranks substituting a Call of the Wild for a Fosilized Devilsaur

I've added in King Mukla since having a Houndmaster or Ram Wrangler in hand with no beasts on the board is terrible. I think it works fairly well here, since this is not Face Hunter and if you manage to have their board clear when you jam Mukla, they'll have a hard time working the bananas in effectively. 

You should think about swapping out one of the freezing traps with another trap. Exploding trap is not great in the current meta, which means that whenever you play a freezing trap, the opponent knows to play around it. Another secret would disrupt them a bit.

Sure, Snakes or Bear both help you to set up a Houndmaster or Ram Wrangler.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor