FORUMS
Damien

C'Thun Control Warrior Standard

Guest Guest

Another noteworthy change: 

If you're confident you'll get C'Thun to 10 attack on time, you can replace Crazed Worshipper for Bloodhoof Brave.  It serves the same purpose (taunt, pressures removal, meat on the board) for one less mana and one less attack (but potentially 2 more attack).

Guest rank 15 forever

Can't compete with control decks, too slow for aggro. Weaker midgame than other midgames. C'thun decks are kinda fun, but man are they weaker than I thought they would be. I had hope for this one, it failed me too, or I failed it.

Can't compete with control decks, too slow for aggro. Weaker midgame than other midgames. C'thun decks are kinda fun, but man are they weaker than I thought they would be. I had hope for this one, it failed me too, or I failed it.

This is interesting because i've found C'Thun decks to be stronger than I expected them to be. My expectations were low initially, but i've had great success with this deck.

Guest Bloodrager

Very good deck , I swaped Revenge for Big game hunter and Emperor for Doomcaller smile.png and it works great for me 

Guest Huck

I agree this deck is not very good, needs a lot of tweaking, I tried it on ladder and it just doesn't have enough value minions to carry through control decks like druid, and not enough answers to cover up for it. Against aggro it can be decent if you draw the right answers but even against aggro the value is still kinda low. Expect a pretty low win rate with this exact deck. Needs a lot of improvement I hope icy veins will take this into consideration and change out some cards. Things like Doomcaller and big game hunter are crucial in this game I feel.

This is interesting because i've found C'Thun decks to be stronger than I expected them to be. My expectations were low initially, but i've had great success with this deck.

What are counters to this deck? I'm struggling with them playing freeze mage, Ancient Shieldbearers are OP)

Guest Bruno

Great decks, of 10 games just loste 1 to a patron warrior because of bad draws.

Guest CommonFungus

Very good deck , I swaped Revenge for Big game hunter and Emperor for Doomcaller smile.png and it works great for me 

Revenge for Big game hunter seems viable but I wouldn't change Emperor for Doomcaller. Emperor saved me against aggro so many times now.

which c'thun is the most consistent? The one with brann and elise or this version?

I also always feel that a second brawl is needed to clear the second wave of minions.

Edited by Ithilrandir
  • Like 1

Guest Slade

To be honest this deck is kind of strange, i don't usually play warrior but i have an idea, this deck currently wins me games by fatigueing the enemy and myself, the win percentage is around 50% as of now, i think it's lacking a grommash for tempo, the way it goes for me is i cthun the enemy and he is down to about 15 hp, and he removes it, then a grommash would be good somehow. If you can tweak it it would be great, thank you!

Sounds like you're using C'Thun too early. This deck can pretty much outstall almsot everything with Shieldbearers and Justicar and then you can use C'Thun as your ultimate final play in Control mirrors. You can also try including Doomcaller if you want to be more proactive with your C'Thun.

Guest Furikawari

If u dont draw Justicar basically u're f****d. And I mean, u have to draw her on curve. Also, I get rekt by CThun priests with this deck. Overall I find it weaker than other CThun decks. At least shaman must hate it (but I dont meet a lot of them).

What card should I swap out for another brawl?

Often times I either don't draw my brawl when I need it, or its too late for a brawl, or the fact that wave 2 minion flood has arrived.

Guest Atlas

If u dont draw Justicar basically u're f****d. And I mean, u have to draw her on curve. Also, I get rekt by CThun priests with this deck. Overall I find it weaker than other CThun decks. At least shaman must hate it (but I dont meet a lot of them).

I also can't beat Priest C'thun decks with this deck

What card should I swap out for another brawl?

Often times I either don't draw my brawl when I need it, or its too late for a brawl, or the fact that wave 2 minion flood has arrived.

This isn't a double Brawl deck, you have too many minions for that to be the right way to build it in my opinion.

Guest Supplice

I don't have Justicar, Veklor and Crazed Worshipper. I understand that without these cards I lose most of the defensive power of the deck. I tried to compensate that way:

less minons and defensive power => add a 2nd brawl

need a big card that does something => Ragnaros

no Crazed, so small C'thun => have C'thun twice : add Doomcaller

need C'thun buffed => Twilight Elder ?

I'm not really sure about the Twilight Elder, it's a 3/4 but only buffs for one and usually doesn't last two turns, so I still have to play 2 of the other buffs to have access to the shieldbearer synergy. Beckonner of evil or Skeram cultist might be better for the buff but a 2/3 is not impressive and a 6 mana 7/6 is too easy to kill and a bit slow. What do you think ?

If you have any other ideas that might be reasonnable, I'm wide open.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Guest KingJoa

I can't seem to win with this deck.. 

Many times I am always behind on board. Yes there are clearing tools, but often it is not enough. And also many times I sit with shieldbearer and twin emperor in my hand, but I get no cards to upscale my C'Thun, so they keep sitting in my hand and when I finnaly can activate them then it is too late..

Guest Avengerooo

what can i remove for 1 brann bronzebeard? :)

what can i remove for 1 brann bronzebeard? smile.png

Brann seems a little overkill for this deck as gaining 20 armor is about the same as 14 armor( Shieldbearer and Tank Up)

The other synergies are either fair or highly situational.

Guest Guest

im a warrior player , i made this deck and tried it , shamens wreck it and 95% of players are playing shamen at least on my server because blizzard have made them even more op than secret pally was , i board cleared 3 times and still lose , i found that c,thun struggled to get to 10 to even activate shield bearers and most other decks had lots of easy answers to remove the c'thun small minions , i had high hopes for wotog but yet again blizz made one class too op and face bash decks still rule .