FORUMS
Damien

Legendary Tempo N'Zoth Deathrattle Rogue Standard

Guest Deathrattle opinion
On 4/5/2016 at 9:32 PM, relik said:

would 2x Defender of Argus be viable in this deck? Getting flooded with aggro. 

I'm using 2x defender of argus, cutted one farseer to include another one. Sometimes I copy them with shadowcaster and it's going to save your life very often.

On 23/5/2016 at 8:33 AM, Taan said:

I like this Deck! Never played Rouge that much, but this is actually pretty cool (especially, because i got Thalnos, Sylvanas, Edvin and Xaril from packs).

I changed some stuff, though.

Instead of Cairn (which I dont own) I tried one Big Game Hunter, because I encountered a lot of C'thun-Decks...its fine, i guess, but Cairne seems pretty important anyways.

I play one FoK and one Shadow Strike. Shadow Strike seems just to good to me, to be left out.

Tomb Pillager instead of Twilight Summoner...yeah, i got it, Twilight Summoner  has a lot of synergies and is good against enemy board-wipes...but it is still only a 1/1 for 4 and so slooooooow. But it may be the better option against control.

I wouldn't cut TS for nothing in the world, it's one of the key cards of this deck. I also love TP and I think it's a great addition but where to place it?

On 24.5.2016 at 10:33 PM, Guest Deathrattle opinion said:

I wouldn't cut TS for nothing in the world, it's one of the key cards of this deck. I also love TP and I think it's a great addition but where to place it?

Basically if you want to add TP you have to cut TS. Running both doesn't seem possible.

So I played against some other Tempo-Rouges who run TS and it really seems to me, that he is only really good, if you are ahead anyways. If they were in disadvantage I could just ignore there TS and go face...and why not? Next turn they deal 1 damage and get a mediocre 5/5. With TP you get a 5/4 instantly, plus an extra coin for Edvin, Combo or just ramp.

I wouldn't argue that TP is always more powerful, but it seems way more consistent,

Additional thumb up for Pillager is that deck doesn't have damage on its own side of the board like Wild Pyromancer in Priest or Paladin to pop Summoner earlier than it can attack. Immediate board presence is even more, well, immediate.

Those cards are real haymakers, and it's not really easy. I'd say load on value, slotting Tomb Pillager and Twilight Summoner together.

Dark Iron Skulker is a good tech option that can have it main deck slot pretty reasonably. 

For Thalnos - my personal use was 75% throw away and loot, 25% sudden blowout spell damage, so I'd bank on blowout and played Kobold Geomancer.

Guest czechaiser

I can't make this deck function as a standard deck and i have no idea why. Hearthstone just won't accept it for standard for me, even though every card in it is in play for standard. I saw someone above having the same problem.

2 hours ago, Guest czechaiser said:

I can't make this deck function as a standard deck and i have no idea why. Hearthstone just won't accept it for standard for me, even though every card in it is in play for standard. I saw someone above having the same problem.

Delete the deck, create new one and add all the cards. This worked for most of the users. It's just a bug that surprisingly hasn't been fixed yet.

So, one matchup I seem to be having consistent trouble with, is those obnoxious aggro pirate Warriors.  I'm missing the Shadowcasters, Xaril, and Bloodmage Thalnos from the deck, but have sub'd in 1 Journey Below, 1 Defender of Argus, 1 Dark Iron Skulker, and 2 Tomb Pillagers. (The Argus replaced 1 FoK)  Otherwise it's exactly as posted.

Do you have any recommendations to deal with them?  Almost every other matchup seems to be pretty well in my favor, and I usually don't even get to play N'Zoth most games.

Edit: For now, I think I'm going to try taking out a Tomb Pillager for a Harrison, part of the problem seems to be when they get their weapon buffed up, and as the deck stands now, there's no answer.  Going to see how that works.

Edited by NonsenseKing
Update

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 4:06 PM, Taan said:

Basically if you want to add TP you have to cut TS. Running both doesn't seem possible.

So I played against some other Tempo-Rouges who run TS and it really seems to me, that he is only really good, if you are ahead anyways. If they were in disadvantage I could just ignore there TS and go face...and why not? Next turn they deal 1 damage and get a mediocre 5/5. With TP you get a 5/4 instantly, plus an extra coin for Edvin, Combo or just ramp.

I wouldn't argue that TP is always more powerful, but it seems way more consistent,

Totally disagree and mostly because of the current environment in Standard.  This deck is very good but you REALLY need to know what to play when.  I can see players that are coming from basically an agro play base not seeing the decks power.  Those who tend to play more control can see the subtle power this deck has over the board.  You can frequently flood the board with Sylvanas effects or make duplicate N'zoth's if one didn't get the job done.  

So many decks right now are playing shield minions and the TS are great for bumping bubbles without losing cards.  On top of that the board clearing effects are completely defeated by this minion and can get in the round of damage they were hoping to avoid without expending huge amounts of resources.

The decks that are the toughest i find are those with little or no board presence and just go straight at you.  If you develop a turn to slow they can out pace you pretty quick.  Oddly enough you would think Freeze Mage fits that bill but it's fairly easy to play around them and apply pressure fast.  Again the TS is a winner there because they are forced to sheep it or spend way to much in resources to remove it.  I can see putting in an Acidic for the Reapers and Bows maybe Harrison for the Hammer.

Guest J0k3r

Whatever you guys do, you have to Keep the 2 Twilight Summoners and the 2 Shadowcasters. This Combo is so sick. With 2 Raptors you are getting board controll very easy. I Play with 2 Shadowstrikes instead of 1 farseer and Clairne. But i will Change that as soon as i get clairne. but i think Shadowstrike is really important.

I agree to the fact, that bloodmage Thalnos isnt very strong in this deck. 80% of time i just draw Cards with him. 10% of time i could just kill enemys with 1, 2 or 3 life and this i could easily do without bloodmage...

Im searching for an alternate Card instead of Bloodmage. I think im Going with Journey Below.

If im wrong, please correct me. Maybe im just to bad in Timing the Bloodmage. :)

Guest Kalzar

It's worth noting late game the Shadowcasters can set you up to fill board with 1/1s. Lots of control games I try and save them for that reason and it has pulled my butt out of the fire more than once. 

On 10/10/2016 at 8:42 PM, Guest Kalzar said:

It's worth noting late game the Shadowcasters can set you up to fill board with 1/1s. Lots of control games I try and save them for that reason and it has pulled my butt out of the fire more than once. 

Definitely worth doing, it can really help out with Control Warrior since they have to remove it manually once their Ghouls are down.