FORUMS
Damien

Legendary Tempo Mage Standard

Yogg is a fun card, but not a competitive one, use it if you like but it will lose you as many games as it wins. Rhonin is fine.

Guest mgoetze

With all the N'Zoth decks etc. running rampant, wouldn't a copy or two of Polymorph make sense?

Guest NPaulTodd

Would it be crazy to throw in a C'Thun as a finisher? Obviously this isn't the main focus of the deck and none of the neutral synergisers are played, but simply by following a typical tempo mage strategy it feels like by turn 10 enough spells have been cast with the 3-2 mage C'thun card that C'Thun would be buffed up to at least 12 or so. In situations where you didn't draw into Antonidas, might this be a useful alternative option to close out the game?

Guest Raisin

Would it be crazy to throw in a C'Thun as a finisher? Obviously this isn't the main focus of the deck and none of the neutral synergisers are played, but simply by following a typical tempo mage strategy it feels like by turn 10 enough spells have been cast with the 3-2 mage C'thun card that C'Thun would be buffed up to at least 12 or so. In situations where you didn't draw into Antonidas, might this be a useful alternative option to close out the game?

C'Thun is complete garbage and useless in this deck.

Good deck, Sottle, very good core for a tempo mage list.

With all the N'Zoth decks etc. running rampant, wouldn't a copy or two of Polymorph make sense?

Sure, I was having success against them just with pressure and Tempo and you have a lot of generation with Conjurer and Tome to pick up a removal spell, but you can use a real copy if you like.

Guest Josh

I took out the spell slingers, punt in another conjurer and tome. I gave someone Pyroblast, that's not cool. Makes a little slower, but with apprentices, should help get tomes out faster and more spells for Ant

I've been struggling with this one. I can't seem to get enough board control to have the Archmage last a turn. What should be my finisher is just a soft taunt. I hope I can improve enough to make this work.

I've been struggling with this one. I can't seem to get enough board control to have the Archmage last a turn. What should be my finisher is just a soft taunt. I hope I can improve enough to make this work.

Wait to play him until you have a spell you can cast on the same turn. That way even if he does just end up eating removal on their next turn you are getting value out of him.

Guest Narz

1. Isn't Cabalists Tome the complete opposite of what you would like to play in this deck? 5 mana do nothing is not a good tempo play. If we play anti-tempo cards, then I'd much rather play one copy of flamestrike.

2. Also I think you should include at least 1 forbidden mage-epic (forgot the name) because it is a) vertisile removal + it can be played as a 0 mana spell if you are at 0 mana => triggers toni+wyrm+flamewaker if necessary.

3. I personally love sylvanas in the meta, maybe it works here?

4. I'd like to see 1  copy of mirror image, it can be a very powerful card.

5. Emperor seems totally out of place because most games your hand is empty or rather empty. (although, I see the connection with cabalists tome)

(6. I hate spellslingers)

Guest Eva

I found keeping a poly for c'thun very helpful. sometimes i just dont get the right removal spells to remove a 17 or 18 c'thun from the board....and it seems everyone has a c'thun in their deck right now. 

Guest Yaron

Same for me, always sitting on all the late game cards in the early game.,..

Yeah the deck has changed radically from its pre-Standard form. When you take Scientist, Flamecannon and Portal out of the deck without real replacements, you definitely lose a lot of the "Tempo" in Tempo Mage, the deck is a lot slower now and it's more about maintaining initiative and keeping your hand count high so you can keep going. It's a fine balance and this list will definitely evolve over time, this was just a day 1 effort.

I've been happy with Cabalist's Tome as a way to reload, and it's not uncommon to be able to play it for 4 with Apprentice out and then immediately play one of the spells you get from it.

I agree with cutting Thaurissan and adding Mirror Image.

I dont have :
-2x Flameweaker
-1x Ethernal Conjurer 

What 3 cards to add? to this deck?

Flamewaker is a huge part of the reason to play this deck, without it you're really lacking in anything special in the deck.

Guest BRANDON

Flamewaker is a huge part of the reason to play this deck, without it you're really lacking in anything special in the deck.

Yes I'm currently playing this deck and I played a game this afternoon and won against Shaman. He HEX'd BOTH of my flamewakers because he knew the threat. #Gereno, this card cost like 100 dust.

Sottle ok thanks for answer...
Brandon the problem is not 100 dust,they are from BrM edition (i cant make them for dust) 
Flamwaker is in 4th wing in Blackrock mountain and i got only two wings complete ...but now i buy new packs for all gold what i got ... and dont want use real moneys,but i think need to do it ;(

Brandon the problem is not 100 dust,they are from BrM edition (i cant make them for dust) 

Flamwaker is in 4th wing in Blackrock mountain and i got only two wings complete ...but now i buy new packs for all gold what i got ... and dont want use real moneys,but i think need to do it ;(

S průměrem 60 goldů za den si na to můžeš našetřit za trochu přes 3 týdny, a pokud se budeš trochu víc snažit, tak pod tři týdny to dáš snadno. Jde to celkem rychle, já si to prošel u každého adventure ;)

(for others: Given the average of 60 gold per day, you can save for that in a little bit over 3 weeks, and if you try harder, it can be easily done under 3 weeks. It is quite quick.)

S průměrem 60 goldů za den si na to můžeš našetřit za trochu přes 3 týdny, a pokud se budeš trochu víc snažit, tak pod tři týdny to dáš snadno. Jde to celkem rychle, já si to prošel u každého adventure wink.png

(for others: Given the average of 60 gold per day, you can save for that in a little bit over 3 weeks, and if you try harder, it can be easily done under 3 weeks. It is quite quick.)

Yes i did that few times i save gold and open 1 wing in LoE and 2 wings in BrM ....

but what is better now :

1) save gold for TOG packs   (better i think)

2) save gold for BrM adventure?

or second :

1) spend 14e for last 3wings in BrM     (better i think) and its faster way :P 

2) spend that 18e for 15packs of TOG ???

or i wait for next Sootles Legendary deck .. what will use lot of other cards what i have... and that way is best from all :D

or i wait for next Sootles Legendary deck .. what will use lot of other cards what i have... and that way is best from all biggrin.png

Though Tempo Mage will still require Flamewakers. I'd save gold for BrM. Oh, and his name is Sottle, not Sootle :P