Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Overwatch Lúcio

7 posts in this topic

Great Guide! The only thing I would add is to emphasize that Lucio's ult is charged from his primary attack including things like Reinhardt's shield so there's no reason to not just fire at anything red you can see.

maybe it'd be worth adding, that you can customize your Lucio-specific keybindings to switch from toggling between healing and speed to hold down for speed and setting healing on default...

what determines how strong the knock-back of the sound-wave is? is it just the range? maybe the speed enemies approach? it feels random sometimes.

On May 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Guest modjo said:

maybe it'd be worth adding, that you can customize your Lucio-specific keybindings to switch from toggling between healing and speed to hold down for speed and setting healing on default...

Thanks for suggesting this, I'm adding it to the guide now.

5 hours ago, Guest moojo.jojo said:

what determines how strong the knock-back of the sound-wave is? is it just the range? maybe the speed enemies approach? it feels random sometimes.

This isn't really something I've noticed much, but the distance from the target seems like the most likely culprit to me.

Holding to Crossfade takes more time to switch than pressing your key to crossfade. You should probably talk some shit about how the option is actually a bad one in the game. You can test this yourself and see that there is a noticeable delay when using hold to crossfade to get your speed on. 

Also your strategy about not picking lucio when your team has multiple flankers is flawed. Lucio's AOE heal is actually designed so that flankers can come in and get healing on the edges of the AOE as you are healed for 3 seconds after leaving LOS. You cant use any other healer to heal as efficiently for flankers as Lucio. So I suggest you change that paragraph about Lucio being bad when your composition has 2+ flankers. What healer would you even suggest? Mercy is too fragile to glide to flankers and heal them. Zenyatta isnt even competitive because of Widowmaker.

Anyways, just my thoughts as Lucio's mom since ice veins should be geared towards competitive guides and the meta.

I wonder if Lucio's Wall Riding ability could use a more thorough look. This guide seems to largely dismiss it's usefulness. Given that when it's employed skillfully it can quickly escape some high threat situations I feel there should be more emphasis and guidance on the matter. When a skilled Lucio wants to be quickly out of reach of a Tracer or a Reinhardt or even a Genji that hardly seems trivial. Why not explain the mechanics of wallriding in detail? Is this Icy Veins or the comments section of Amazon?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0