FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Overwatch Lúcio

Guest FuzzyChops

Great Guide! The only thing I would add is to emphasize that Lucio's ult is charged from his primary attack including things like Reinhardt's shield so there's no reason to not just fire at anything red you can see.

Guest modjo

maybe it'd be worth adding, that you can customize your Lucio-specific keybindings to switch from toggling between healing and speed to hold down for speed and setting healing on default...

Guest moojo.jojo

what determines how strong the knock-back of the sound-wave is? is it just the range? maybe the speed enemies approach? it feels random sometimes.

On May 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Guest modjo said:

maybe it'd be worth adding, that you can customize your Lucio-specific keybindings to switch from toggling between healing and speed to hold down for speed and setting healing on default...

Thanks for suggesting this, I'm adding it to the guide now.

5 hours ago, Guest moojo.jojo said:

what determines how strong the knock-back of the sound-wave is? is it just the range? maybe the speed enemies approach? it feels random sometimes.

This isn't really something I've noticed much, but the distance from the target seems like the most likely culprit to me.

Guest Lucio's Mom

Holding to Crossfade takes more time to switch than pressing your key to crossfade. You should probably talk some shit about how the option is actually a bad one in the game. You can test this yourself and see that there is a noticeable delay when using hold to crossfade to get your speed on. 

Also your strategy about not picking lucio when your team has multiple flankers is flawed. Lucio's AOE heal is actually designed so that flankers can come in and get healing on the edges of the AOE as you are healed for 3 seconds after leaving LOS. You cant use any other healer to heal as efficiently for flankers as Lucio. So I suggest you change that paragraph about Lucio being bad when your composition has 2+ flankers. What healer would you even suggest? Mercy is too fragile to glide to flankers and heal them. Zenyatta isnt even competitive because of Widowmaker.

Anyways, just my thoughts as Lucio's mom since ice veins should be geared towards competitive guides and the meta.

Guest Lucio's Dad

I wonder if Lucio's Wall Riding ability could use a more thorough look. This guide seems to largely dismiss it's usefulness. Given that when it's employed skillfully it can quickly escape some high threat situations I feel there should be more emphasis and guidance on the matter. When a skilled Lucio wants to be quickly out of reach of a Tracer or a Reinhardt or even a Genji that hardly seems trivial. Why not explain the mechanics of wallriding in detail? Is this Icy Veins or the comments section of Amazon?

Guest Ruch

It feels as if the lighter the character being pushed is, the longer it travels forward. I missed a reference to the specific hability of Lucio to keep tanks away from payloads.

Guest GAMEJACKL
On 8/13/2016 at 9:34 AM, Guest Lucio's Dad said:

I wonder if Lucio's Wall Riding ability could use a more thorough look. This guide seems to largely dismiss it's usefulness. Given that when it's employed skillfully it can quickly escape some high threat situations I feel there should be more emphasis and guidance on the matter. When a skilled Lucio wants to be quickly out of reach of a Tracer or a Reinhardt or even a Genji that hardly seems trivial. Why not explain the mechanics of wallriding in detail? Is this Icy Veins or the comments section of Amazon?

I agree.  I have been in a few situations where using it to dance around the payload can give even a bastion a good run-around.  It's got more applications than just surprise and escape.

Just a few comments on the wall riding stuff. Wall riding can actually be incredibly detrimental to Lucio if you use it incorrectly. There is nothing worse in the game than giving your opponents an easy trajectory to fire at. Lucio's wall ride needs to be used incredibly carefully, since you can provide a perfect target for most of the enemy team. The current meta features heavily the following heroes: Soldier: 76, Widowmaker, Roadhog, McCree (only when Pharah is picked admittedly, but this is an increasingly occurring thing). 

All of these heroes are countered heavily when attempting to make picks by 1 hero that is featured even more so in the current meta: Reinhardt. By wall riding, you allow yourself to not only skip out of his shield, but place yourself in a perfect spot to be either hooked or picked. 

Yes, there are some niche uses of wall riding and, yes, it is definitely an important part of Lucio's kit at points, but there are countless ways in which people are more likely to kill themselves than actually help themselves. The majority of the time when I wall-ride, it is either to suicide faster during a team-fight and avoid ult feeding through splash damage, or to annoy enemy team's on the payload and point. 

Most of my time is spent behind our team, speed boosting them through pushes and occasionally healing to keep up with what Ana can't handle (which isn't much). 

Guest Weakness

Poor survival abilities

nah wouldn't say so I can stay for hours on payload ^^

Guest anonymous
On 7/14/2018 at 2:08 AM, Guest Weakness said:

Poor survival abilities

nah wouldn't say so I can stay for hours on payload ^^

Actually, you cant, i know this is figuratively, but still, you can stay on the payload for 10-40 minutes (depending on the map)