FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Overwatch Soldier: 76

Guest Duopally

Hey Vlad I been playing Solider 76 a Substantial amount and I think you forgot to mention the cool down they added after Sprinting. Its approximately 2 seconds after sprinting that you can use Helix Rockets  or  Heavy Pulse Rifle   which is a huge NERF as I used to be able to perfectly Time my Helix Rockets and Heavy Pulse Shots after a successful sprint to a good spot. This essentially puts us Solider's in a pinch when we attempt to sprint ahead and get a few quick kills. Kinda seems like they want us to camp as Soliders and sit back behind a shield BORRRING! Damn it @Blizzard that's why we can't have nice things.

6 hours ago, Guest Duopally said:

Hey Vlad I been playing Solider 76 a Substantial amount and I think you forgot to mention the cool down they added after Sprinting. Its approximately 2 seconds after sprinting that you can use Helix Rockets  or  Heavy Pulse Rifle   which is a huge NERF as I used to be able to perfectly Time my Helix Rockets and Heavy Pulse Shots after a successful sprint to a good spot. This essentially puts us Solider's in a pinch when we attempt to sprint ahead and get a few quick kills. Kinda seems like they want us to camp as Soliders and sit back behind a shield BORRRING! Damn it @Blizzard that's why we can't have nice things.

Hey, I just looked at this in-game, and the delay seems to be much lower than 2 seconds. I'd say it feels like 0.3 seconds or so. A bit annoying to be sure, but it doesn't feel that gamebreaking. I'll play more and check. Thanks for letting me know.

Guest Julez

uhm, in disadvantages it says "high skill cap" .. seriously?! soldier is [quite] easy to play .. this is just ridiculous. plz change that as soon as you read this.

Edited by positiv2
Profanity

Guest julez

You can remove the "disadvantes". Soldier does NOT require much skill to play at all, and if you didnt notice, that "prominent sound warning" is included in EVERY CHAMPIONS ULTIMATE, not only in his. Please try to actually play the champions b4 writing next time.

On 1/22/2017 at 1:46 AM, Guest Julez said:

uhm, in disadvantages it says "high skill cap" .. seriously?! soldier is [quite] easy to play .. this is just ridiculous. plz change that as soon as you read this.

I think you are misunderstanding what the statement says. It isn't saying Soldier is hard to play, it says he has a high skill cap, which he certainly does. In games at very high ranks, the entire match is pretty much decided on Soldier vs. Soldier at the moment. If you can't track properly, can't aim well enough, there is no leniency. You don't have a scope, you don't have a spammable right-click with lenient spread, no stun or root to keep people in place. Either you can aim or you can't and that's where the skill cap emerges. 

Guest Posative affermation
On 2/9/2017 at 7:00 AM, Blainie said:

I think you are misunderstanding what the statement says. It isn't saying Soldier is hard to play, it says he has a high skill cap, which he certainly does. In games at very high ranks, the entire match is pretty much decided on Soldier vs. Soldier at the moment. If you can't track properly, can't aim well enough, there is no leniency. You don't have a scope, you don't have a spammable right-click with lenient spread, no stun or root to keep people in place. Either you can aim or you can't and that's where the skill cap emerges.