FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Overwatch Reaper

Guest Hideaki

You cannot escape Junkrat's trap using Wraith Form as stated here, in fact, it's a very powerful counter to Reaper's abilities.

On June 29, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Guest Hideaki said:

You cannot escape Junkrat's trap using Wraith Form as stated here, in fact, it's a very powerful counter to Reaper's abilities.

Oh, that's a nice catch. Thanks, I'm updating it now to say that passing over the trap in Wraith Form doesn't trigger it.

Guest Ent

Does shooting your shotguns at someone long range build up your ulti.

For example if you have nothing better to do is it worth peppering a team for the lucky hits / hs to build up ulti charge  Or is it better to totally give up on that and have a go at finding somewhere sneaky to hide?

On 8/25/2016 at 2:08 PM, Guest Ent said:

Does shooting your shotguns at someone long range build up your ulti.

For example if you have nothing better to do is it worth peppering a team for the lucky hits / hs to build up ulti charge  Or is it better to totally give up on that and have a go at finding somewhere sneaky to hide?

Yes it is. Especially vs. things like Winston/Roadhog, who have MASSIVE hitboxes. 

Guest Badzok

Listed as reapers cons is that he moves slowly. This is a common misconception he moves at the same rate as all other characters with exceptions of genji, tracer or boosted Lucio. He can actually out step many characters because his speed increases in wraith form.

34 minutes ago, Guest Badzok said:

Listed as reapers cons is that he moves slowly. This is a common misconception he moves at the same rate as all other characters with exceptions of genji, tracer or boosted Lucio. He can actually out step many characters because his speed increases in wraith form.

Reaper is considered a slow moving hero, the little bit of speed increase in wraith form still puts him in the category slow. Besides tracer genji and lucio theres actually quite a few heroes which are considered to move fast. think about D.va, winston, Sombra, mercy, soldier:76, and even Reinhardt, junkrat and widowmaker up to an extent.

Moving quickly is not only about running speed but more about the time it's gonna take a hero to get to the other side of the map. Just try doing a race between mcCree and Hanzo for example. Hanzo is going to win that simply because he can wall climb and take shortcuts. McCree does have his roll but that is not really a good tool for mobility.

Reaper does score with his teleport though.

generally when your wraith form and teleport are both on cooldown and you are being chased by the enemy team, they will catch up to you since your mobility is 0 at that point. makingyou a slow moving hero.

Edited by Shine

On 3/31/2017 at 2:00 AM, Blainie said:

<snip>

Ayy, just saw this since I was looking at the guide since I played OW for the first time a couple of days ago xD Glad to see the content will be updated, was wondering if admin of OW (the newest game too xP) was continuing or not. Glad to see it's ongoing ;3

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2017 at 0:48 PM, MurkyFelix said:

Ayy, just saw this since I was looking at the guide since I played OW for the first time a couple of days ago xD Glad to see the content will be updated, was wondering if admin of OW (the newest game too xP) was continuing or not. Glad to see it's ongoing ;3

It is indeed! It's a big task, but I'm hoping I can bring my experience to the guides and the new format should work much better. Quite a few of them are already complete, we are just working on finishing the setup of the new format on the site. Shouldn't be long (I hope!)

• Like 1

Guest Mickle
On 7/6/2016 at 2:44 AM, Vlad said:

Oh, that's a nice catch. Thanks, I'm updating it now to say that passing over the trap in Wraith Form doesn't trigger it.

While that is true, reaper can't ESCAPE the junkrat trap by using wraith form. As in, if he got caught in it, he can't get out, although wraith form lasts longer than the trap, so you can render it useless. Also there is a reaper buff in the PTR that removes soul globes and adds health steal,

On 6/8/2017 at 6:01 PM, Guest Mickle said:

While that is true, reaper can't ESCAPE the junkrat trap by using wraith form. As in, if he got caught in it, he can't get out, although wraith form lasts longer than the trap, so you can render it useless. Also there is a reaper buff in the PTR that removes soul globes and adds health steal,

I'll be adding these points when I get round to rewriting Reaper's guide :)

Guest FanaticPaladin0

This guide shows the old passive for Reaper. The Reaping no longer spawns health globes, instead it heals on damage. 

On 11/07/2017 at 7:41 PM, Guest FanaticPaladin0 said:

This guide shows the old passive for Reaper. The Reaping no longer spawns health globes, instead it heals on damage. 

It is yet to be updated, sorry! This will be included :)

26 minutes ago, Guest Teine said:

Affiliation: Talon, Overwatch (formerly)

I'll make sure this gets added to the guide as soon as we do the update for Reaper :)

Guest Reason

Reaper's real name is not unknown. It's cannon that his real name is Gabriel Reyes.