Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Demon Hunter FoK with Legacy of Nightmares

10 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Looking for a break from Multishot build, I tried this one and failed miserably. Right now I do not have the forteress ballista so I used calamity instead. But my main problem is hatred management. Vengeance rune of choice is Dark heart as recommended, and no gear slot is dedicated to resource reduction. So I can strafe for like 10-15s before running dry. What did I miss here?

On 8/5/2016 at 4:42 PM, Guest Ngoc Yen said:

Hi there,

Looking for a break from Multishot build, I tried this one and failed miserably. Right now I do not have the forteress ballista so I used calamity instead. But my main problem is hatred management. Vengeance rune of choice is Dark heart as recommended, and no gear slot is dedicated to resource reduction. So I can strafe for like 10-15s before running dry. What did I miss here?

Heya - do you make a point to shoot Evasive Fire frequently enough? The build punctuates Strafe with Evasive Fire basically every other second, it's the only way to maintain Hatred. Shift (default keybind to stand still) + Left click to Evasive Fire while still holding Strafe is how most high ranking players do it; it takes a little getting used to, but has a rhythm to it that's easy to follow once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the tips Deadset.

Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so I guess that it will be the old Taeguk story again.

Btw, unrelated to this build, but I think it might help a lot if you could point out which build is not viable for PS4. For example I learned the Corruption bug too late before my stock of legendary material is burnt out while trying to apply Carnevil build on WD.

On 8/12/2016 at 5:43 PM, Guest Ngocyen said:

Thanks for the tips Deadset.

Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so I guess that it will be the old Taeguk story again.

Btw, unrelated to this build, but I think it might help a lot if you could point out which build is not viable for PS4. For example I learned the Corruption bug too late before my stock of legendary material is burnt out while trying to apply Carnevil build on WD.

Heya - noted! I'll make a point to include something like 'not console friendly' early on in the description of future builds.

Using this build feels like fishing for the right rift and then realizing if you didn't keep moving over the whole thing or decided to finish off the last bit of hp on an elite mob you fall short of time.

On 10/8/2016 at 4:22 AM, Guest Kev said:

Using this build feels like fishing for the right rift and then realizing if you didn't keep moving over the whole thing or decided to finish off the last bit of hp on an elite mob you fall short of time.

There's no secret that this build definitely needs to fish. It's a very particular style of play and something that I, personally, don't enjoy.

i have tried this build although i dont have a full set ancient i still have 9 parts inluding ancient rings but the build seems to fail massively on damage i just dont know what i am doing wrong i guess back to the multishot build for me until i work out what is wrong

On 10/20/2016 at 8:16 PM, Guest legacy of nightmares said:

i have tried this build although i dont have a full set ancient i still have 9 parts inluding ancient rings but the build seems to fail massively on damage i just dont know what i am doing wrong i guess back to the multishot build for me until i work out what is wrong

This build is all about stacking mobs until you can FoN. It's your biggest damage dealer by a mile. If you're not pulling off big FoNs, you won't succeed with this build unfortunately.

To add to that, you have to keep in mind that every piece of gear that is NOT ancient is hurting the Leagcy of Nightmares bonus massively. A rule of thumb is to avoid pushing GRs until wearing 10 ancient pieces at the bare minimum, for any LoN spec.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0