FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Legendary Warrior Grim Patron Midrange Standard

Hell there mr Sottle!

On the card swaps section you mention about the combination of the 4 drops being 3, but in the deck you have 4.

If i remember correctly yesterday on stream you played one wild pyromancer.

Was that meant to be in place on one kokron elite?

Guest Chris

Yeah grim still alive and well so far. Almost never lose a match turn 6 patrons usually then save one for 9 if you can. Last game he drops 12 CT with me having one 3\3 next turn full bord took 2 damage lol feels good.

Guest gt

No Taskmaster? It always was huge tempo swing, when you not only draw/gain armor from something like Acolyte/Armorsmith, but also kill something with it thanks to buff.

No Taskmaster? It always was huge tempo swing, when you not only draw/gain armor from something like Acolyte/Armorsmith, but also kill something with it thanks to buff.

Blood to Ichor is just better in most situations, you lose the buff option, but the 1 Mana reduction in most relevant situations is far superior overall.

Code: Yes, the list is wrong, I'll get it fixed. One Pyromancer over one Kor'kron.

Guest Frodzotec

I ask me if we can change grom by an oher card because I don't have the money for him

Thank you and sorry for my bad english because I'm French tongue.png

Guest Lex_Ender

What would be good replacements for Sir Finley and Grom for more budgeted options?

What would be good replacements for Sir Finley and Grom for more budgeted options?

Grommash is supreme finisher, without it try some hybrid patron/worgen version, but it's weaker (harder) imho, before old gods I got 6 rank with patron.

Sir Finley is only good (imho again) against midrange/control decks like warrior, control priest or renolock, and because it's legendary you're not using it very often. It's more easy to get, than grommash, "only" 2100 gold for 3 wings of LoE.

Edited by AptypR

Sir finley is not that  much needed in the deck, it helps a lot though, especially if you can get the warlock or mage hero power.

You can replace him with with w/e you feel will fit the deck. I would go for a second korkron elite maybe.

As for grommash he is essential, one of the best finishers in the game. If you don't have him either try the worgen hybrid version as AptypR mentioned above, or replace him with another late game threat like ragnaros the firelord.

Guest Lex_Ender

I replaced finley with a tentacle fo n'zoth as an extra whirlwind effect and i replaced grom with a leeroy. I do agree that grom is really good but i dont have him sadly. biggrin.png

Guest Cranberrie

I've used a gorehowl instead of Grom, it's only a loss of 3 HP as a finisher  but you gain the versatility of being able to remove opposing threats.

I've used a gorehowl instead of Grom, it's only a loss of 3 HP as a finisher  but you gain the versatility of being able to remove opposing threats.

Grommash can attack minions as well, you don't have to use him as a finisher. Also, when you go face with Gorehowl, you lose it. If you go face with Grommash, you still have a considerable body on the board.

Guest Faerthos

guys dunno, either im extremely unlucky or you cannot climb with this deck (or i cant play it to its potential which up to a point may be true, but dont think this is the main reason). It almost always loses to every control deck, or decks with massive clears.

Board clear shamans, cthun priests, control cthun warriors or any kind of freeze mage can easily win you, hell even midrange or deathrattle hunters have better drops on the 5-8 mana range where you want to fill board with patrons. It is good vs zoolocks and in general aggro decks but still its really hard to win in the current meta i think. i have to note here that i dont play finley but wild pyromancer and i change 2nd kor'kron to black knight.

So any kind of suggestion on how to handle control decks? i tried to include black knight to break some taunts, but still i cant say it is enough. 

Guest Cranberrie

Grommash can attack minions as well, you don't have to use him as a finisher. Also, when you go face with Gorehowl, you lose it. If you go face with Grommash, you still have a considerable body on the board.

Yeah not saying it's better or equivalent but it has its merits I think.

It's obviously worse but I guess North Sea Kraken is kind of like a Grom that you can't proc until next turn.

guys dunno, either im extremely unlucky or you cannot climb with this deck (or i cant play it to its potential which up to a point may be true, but dont think this is the main reason). It almost always loses to every control deck, or decks with massive clears.

Board clear shamans, cthun priests, control cthun warriors or any kind of freeze mage can easily win you, hell even midrange or deathrattle hunters have better drops on the 5-8 mana range where you want to fill board with patrons. It is good vs zoolocks and in general aggro decks but still its really hard to win in the current meta i think. i have to note here that i dont play finley but wild pyromancer and i change 2nd kor'kron to black knight.

So any kind of suggestion on how to handle control decks? i tried to include black knight to break some taunts, but still i cant say it is enough. 

First of all , pyromancer is in the deck, instead of the 2nd korkron elite, Sottle just forgot to change it.

Secondly, seems like you cannot get the feeling of the deck.

For example, versus freeze mages i rarely loose with this deck (basically only lost to a reno freeze, fast freeze mages are no match, they are just to easy to beat).

What do u wanna do versus freeze mage?

Things you want to consider :

- Don't overcommit to the board, unless you have a direct way of dealing with doomsayers (ex. execute or korkron elite + fiery war axe)

- Armor up whenever possible. Especially the fast freeze without antonidas and malygos will just not have enough damage to kill you.

- Key point : Think very wisely for the turn you will generate patrons. Patrons do not win you the game vs freeze mages. What you want to do is generate patrons when having at least one armorsmith. Use the armorsmith to gain a lot of armor. That way as mentioned above, the mage won't have enough damage and will eventually concede or die in fatigue.

Im pointing out this specific matchup, because it is considered to be borderline unwinnable for the freeze mage, unless she gets the best hand possible (meaning : turn 6 emperor with alex and a lot of burn in hand).

As for the rest of the matchups, shamans and hunters shouldn't be a problem.

Control warriors and priests on the other hand are really bad matchups for this deck, cause they can easily deal with your patron board (brawl / excavated evil).

Against priest you need to be aggressive and generate patrons early, hoping they haven't drawn their board clear.

Against control warriors, you need to be kinda lucky in order to win.

My advice is to watch pros play this deck. Sottle was playing this deck a lot in his last stream and explained really well the decisions he made in each situation. Plus, he has a very nice winrate.

• Like 1

Guest Tarazet

It's a good way to lose though, unless you've already baited out the premium removal.. and this deck doesn't have too much bait to work with.

It's a good way to lose though, unless you've already baited out the premium removal.. and this deck doesn't have too much bait to work with.

Yeah, I agree that it can be risky and that is why it can be done only against certain decks, such as Zoo. Generally, it works better against decks, that would have problems against Gorehowl. But hey, if it works for you better, keep the change.

I've been having great success with this deck, moving from 19 to 14 with just 1 or 2 losses along the way. Dragon priest has been he only difficult matchup, made more difficult with a very poor opening hand.

I've been playing with the deck as posted, with 2 Koron elites. I look forward to playing the correct desk list.

I also have to agree that Grommash works great in this deck, either as a finisher or to remove a large minion.

First of all , pyromancer is in the deck, instead of the 2nd korkron elite, Sottle just forgot to change it.

Secondly, seems like you cannot get the feeling of the deck.

For example, versus freeze mages i rarely loose with this deck (basically only lost to a reno freeze, fast freeze mages are no match, they are just to easy to beat).

What do u wanna do versus freeze mage?

Things you want to consider :

- Don't overcommit to the board, unless you have a direct way of dealing with doomsayers (ex. execute or korkron elite + fiery war axe)

- Armor up whenever possible. Especially the fast freeze without antonidas and malygos will just not have enough damage to kill you.

- Key point : Think very wisely for the turn you will generate patrons. Patrons do not win you the game vs freeze mages. What you want to do is generate patrons when having at least one armorsmith. Use the armorsmith to gain a lot of armor. That way as mentioned above, the mage won't have enough damage and will eventually concede or die in fatigue.

Im pointing out this specific matchup, because it is considered to be borderline unwinnable for the freeze mage, unless she gets the best hand possible (meaning : turn 6 emperor with alex and a lot of burn in hand).

As for the rest of the matchups, shamans and hunters shouldn't be a problem.

Control warriors and priests on the other hand are really bad matchups for this deck, cause they can easily deal with your patron board (brawl / excavated evil).

Against priest you need to be aggressive and generate patrons early, hoping they haven't drawn their board clear.

Against control warriors, you need to be kinda lucky in order to win.

My advice is to watch pros play this deck. Sottle was playing this deck a lot in his last stream and explained really well the decisions he made in each situation. Plus, he has a very nice winrate.

Thanks really much for the answer, i guess i have to spam it more since i am still losing to mages. One of the mistakes i use to do is to try to get board as clear as possible, leading to kind of awkward positions sometimes. im also most of the times use armorsmiths for openings alongside acolyte's at 2/3 rounds. 

With hunters i feel it depends on draw. in general their highmane 6 drop is far stronger than your patron, unless you have inner rage+ww combo, and if they have kill commands or eaglehorns, they can also clear you quite well too, since their win condition right now is mid control with princess or late nzoth drop. Tho, it may still be me sucking at playing.

Finally i guess im unlucky when 2 out of 3 shamans i meet have both lightning storms pre 6 turn :/

Anyways, imma try catch sottle on stream and follow the advices you suggested. Thanks again :D

Lately I've been facing a good share of control decks. I was thinking about putting in Elise as an extra win condition but I'm not sure what to take out. My first idea was Pyromancer but that would weaken the deck vs. aggro quite a bit (plus it allowed me to actually win against C'thun priest before by creating a huge Berserker). Maybe Kor'kron? Or 1 Bloodhoof?

Lately I've been facing a good share of control decks. I was thinking about putting in Elise as an extra win condition but I'm not sure what to take out. My first idea was Pyromancer but that would weaken the deck vs. aggro quite a bit (plus it allowed me to actually win against C'thun priest before by creating a huge Berserker). Maybe Kor'kron? Or 1 Bloodhoof?

Remove Bloodhoof. He is a strong anti-aggro tool, but if you say you want stronger cards against control, he should be removed since he is not needed that much.

This deck just went 1-10 for me playing casual. It can't handle any control decks at all. It doesn't have enough juice to remove enemy minions, so by the time you can drop 4-5 patrons they just get wiped out by your opponents board.

The only person I beat resigned on turn 1. This deck frankly seems unplayable in this meta.

Sign in to follow this