FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bluntss

How to get "The Proven Assailant" as Warrior DPS[Endless wave 30+]

Introduction:

So guys I will now teach you how to get the title "The Proven Assailant" from proving grounds. To get the title you have to do 30+ endless waves and this is incredibly easy, especially if you have the legendary ring. I really encourage everybody to get it who cares about achievements/titles since it really requires no effort. If you already have this title just ignore this guide.

Spec:

So you're probably thinking, fury or arms? The best spec is currently arms, since fury is really bad with low crit chance (not much enrage uptime etc).

What talents?

f525850e734cd47d22f6a11b24644205.png

15 talent: Double Time. Double charge is simply the best since you normally don’t use charges regularly and it’s nice to use two right away if you need it.

30 talent: irrelevant

45 talent: Sudden Death. Best single target and proving  grounds is mostly single target. You’re normally

60 talent: Shockwave. Really useful for stunning the banana adds in the perfect place and sweeping strikes execute them.

75 talent: irrelevant

90 talent: Bladestorm. You might ask: Why not avatar? Simply because bladestorm destroys everything(try it out) and you can have it for almost every wave. Another big plus is you can take the Amber bubbles without getting stunned. This talent is a must!

100 talent: Ravager. Not reallyt hat crazy but I feel this talent is best, compared to the other poor alternatives.

Gear:

“Well I have full mythic HFC, I will just go in and rape everything”. Yerh you can do but you’re just gonna make things so much harder for yourself.

To get the best gear for proving grounds you need to have every piece of equipment as close to 600 as possible EXCEPT for trinkets and legendary ring.

So yerh uneqiup that mythic weapon and put on a 630 weapon or something lower. Weapon scaling is insane and therefore only makes it harder. BiS drops from skyreach normal but you do not need to farm this to just get the title.

If you’re having trouble getting 600 item lvl gear I recommend using heirloom gear(fully upgraded). Heirloom gear is 605 item lvl, which is pretty much the best you can get without putting too much effort into farming gear.

Good trinkets are Alchemy trinket and on use stats(clarity, scabbard, double sided coin).

For consumables simply use greater strength flask and critical food buff. You can also use Mecha-Blast Rocket, which do insane damage. Use these if you’re having trouble

Waves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCw9Q6N4514

So yerh I could explain in text what to do on each wave, but that’s gonna take quite a while. If you are curious about what to do on each wave, simply watch the video above. I can quickly recap what waves you need to be alert on:

Wave 1: easy

Wave 2: Normal(kill healer and interrupt):

Wave 3: BLADESTORM!!!

Wave 4: Hard(use the amber bubbles to kill the adds)

Wave 5: Easy(use CDS’ to kill the big guy when shield is down)

Wave 6: Place a ravager in the middle and kill the big dudes:

Wave 7: Bladestorm!

Wave 8: Kill healer

Wave 9: Hard( Kill banana dude and use amber bubble)

Wave 10: USE CDS and ring when shield is off. Easy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lao
      would anyone be willing to help a newbish demo out with the proving grounds?
      im currently on try 306 and its getting frustrating,only been able to get past the first healer wave once.im doing everything by the book,but it dosent seem enough,any tips or tricks?or did they really hit demo with the nerf bat that hard as people tell me?
    • By Atlanteans
      After seeing on MMO Champion that less than 1% of people have the achievement 'Proving Grounds: Endless Healer (wave 30)', and obtaining it myself, I decided to make a guide to obtaining it on a holy paladin. This makes it quite prestigious, and the achievement awards the title 'the Proven Healer' so it's definitely worth doing!

This guide is valid as of patch 6.2 Warlords of Draenor.
      If you have any questions or queries feel free to ask and I'll try to help as much as I can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ElIQEOJUc
    • By Corgi
      Here is my Simple Armoury view.  In this particular instance, I am not using a specific rotation I guess (I'm also weak on the jargon). I have no logs to share at this time.

I am getting stuck on Waves 5/6 because of the Mystic heals.  I have been searching Google for days now trying to find something that is not Hunter videos or DK/Frost Mage recommendations to help me solve this problem.  It is VERY frustrating that the whole bleeding Internet can't come up with good advice on this.

I am indeed using Solar Beam, but apparently I am doing so at the wrong time, not knowing when the right time might be.  My Typhoon seems to have no effect.

I did get past a Wave 2 hump due to another Druid suggesting some Haste enchants and a Tier 7 Talent adjustment, but even with those and the Yak Broth buff, I'm only getting to Wave 6 maybe 1/3 of the time, and then losing at one of those two points because I can't get those Mystics down fast enough.

All I want to do is have a chance at Hatespark and the Core Hound.

Please help?

• By Baskers
      So I just got gold proving grounds on my Warrior for tanking and am about to attempt Endless 30.

Has anyone done it yet and if so, any advice? I don't know if I'm ready to waste my life in 20-25 minute chunks yet.
    • By Agraviel
      I hope that my English wont cause problems with understanding since it's first forum where I don't speak my native language. It's also my first post on this forum so Hello Everyone! =)

What trinket should I use?

Few days ago I got a new trinket from SoO Normal and becouse of that now I have a big problem. I've used so far Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia and Prismatic Prison of Pride which are just great... just like my new trinket which is Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth.

What combination of those items you regard as the best? Which one should I get rid of? Or maybe i should keep all of those and change it depending on the boss?

I heard about switching to Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia + Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth on stacking fights to maximize AoE Healing, and switching to Prismatic Prison of Pride + Purified Bindings of Immerseus on all other fights to maximize overall healing. What do you think about this?

Choosing a legendary cape!

Playing as Brewmaster I find out that Qian-Le, Courage of Niuzao is quite useless and Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen is much more practical for me while tanking. For this reason, I began to wonder what if there is a better alternative for Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji on my mistweaver?

Comparing the statistics of my present cape and Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon, the DPS Caster cape won since it gives me +918 Critical Strike instead of useless +918 Spirit. Unfortunately Essence of Yu'lon doesn't count to my Eminence. So the question arises, what will bring me greater benefits? +918 Critical Strike with bonus damage done OR Spirit of Chi-Ji which is my 1-4% of healing done in raids?

Is Essence of Yu'lon even triggered by spells like Chi Wave or Rushing Jade Wind?

Unproving Grounds and Hardcore Challange Mode

There is one of the most annoying thing in being Mistweaver. Playing as Brewmaster Challange Mode and Proving Grounds is the real challenge. But while playing as Mistweaver it is just an ancient tragedy of healers. My Mastery: Gift of the Serpent is just a crap, Soothing Mist drains my mana as hell and Surging Mist is almost instant mana depletion. I have (I never thought I'd say this, God why?) not enough Spirit and low Critical Strike, what makes what makes me completely useless.

What is your method for effective healing as Mistweaver in Challange Mode's? Is it even possible to achive Proving Yourself: Endless Healer (Wave 30) on normal Mistweaver build? Maybe I should make a special gear-set dedicated for PG and CM? I'm open to your suggestions on this.