Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ret - Stat Priority Different Between Low & High Item Level?

5 posts in this topic

Okay, I have a question/questions regarding retribution paladins.

First off, this is the information I go off of. I tend to find that experts of this game recommend that gemming haste > strength produces the best dps results at high item levels. I just leveled to 90 yesterday, and I have something around 440 item level.

I've also heard that gemming primarily for strength produces better results at low item levels, but that it eventually changes into haste at some point. Can somebody give me a rough estimate of when it would be appropriate to shift the focus toward haste? And is this theory correct in the first place?

That is correct. Pre-raid 1 Strength > 2 Haste. I would probably not worry about switching to haste gemming priority till about 480ish ilvl.

Okay, that's all I needed to know :D. Thank you!

PS, I haven't used askmrrobot before... Does it generally take these things into account? Would the system calculate that change in priority upon reaching the proper gear quality?

Unfortunately no it won't automatically. Just go use the edit weights button and set strength to 4.00 and it should work fine for you. Posted Image

If you know how to use SimC, you can also use that to get specific weights for your current gear itemization to make AMR's suggestions more optimal. The default weights that AMR uses are generally good, but from an "overall" perspective.

Edited by Curulan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lifvana
      Hello all, with 7.1 coming soon, I am wondering what % of each stat I should be aiming for, mainly just interested in mythic+ and normal raids. My armory is . Not sure why it's saying I have 34.5% haste, it's more like 20-22% in game, with 28% crit and 25% mastery. My gear is kinda all over the place cause I play blood as well. I can give the exact percents I have once I get home in a couple hours, and  I have another 835 ring which I will post the stats of it when I get home. Sorry if the formatting is bad, first post and on my phone haha. Edit: Once I get the exact percentages of my stats, if someone could let me know the ideal enchants I should use, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! :)
    • By Cerenitee
      Moist is a Horde guild located on Illidan and is recruiting for our Core Mythic raid group. We are a 9 hour raiding guild making quick progression through The Emerald Nightmare!

We are currently looking to fill Core DPS/Healing raid spots.

Current Recruitment Needs

Monk: Windwalker
      Hunter: Marksmen
      Paladin: Ret
      Priest: Shadow

Druid: Resto
      Paladin: Holy

Other specs will be considered assuming you can perform to a superior standard.

Current Progression

The Emerald Nightmare
      7/7 Normal
      5/7 Heroic

Raid Times

Monday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST
      Tuesday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST
      Wednesday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us

<Moist> is a guild that strives to push progression with a very short raid week. We expect our top raiders to know the insides and outs of their class and come to raid prepared. With a 9 hour raid week we expect everyone to play the best to their ability. Outside of raid nights we have plenty of activities happening ranging from alt runs, mount runs to other games outside of WoW such as League of Legends, HoTs, Hearthstone, and random steam games just to name a few.

What we expect from you:
      A reasonable level of dedication
      The ability to take criticism
      The ability to learn from your mistakes
      Something, something sense of humor

What to expect from us:
      Friendly environment
      People to laugh, and have fun with
      Progress oriented raid nights
      Optional non-raid-night activities (mog and mount runs, BGs, Arenas)

We are currently using Personal Loot. So far everyone really seems to be enjoying it. There is a lot less drama with Personal Loot than the normal Master loot most guilds do.

If you're interested in learning more about us or applying to the guild please apply at - Click on the Recruitment tab on the menu bar. If you have any questions please feel free to message us in game or post below.

Cerenitie (Cerenitee#1650)
      Pip (Piptooth#1430)
    • By rauter
      I'm trying to decide which gear is better for me, betweeen these trinkets -> and these wrists -> .
      According to the icy veins fire mage guide, the ones i am using are better in terms of DPS. (reference: 2- Evaluating Upgrades Using Stat Weights on
      But from a second source, Askmrrobot, these two with higher item level are better than mine. I was wondering if anyone have a take on this specific situation. My guess is that Askmrrobor is taking to account the Stamina too.

So, which ones should i be using and why?

Here are my current stats for reference:
    • By Booty
      <Deceive> Is reforming after a couple of years and looking for mythic raiders for Legion. Previously we have been top 10 on the server in Seige of Orgrimmar with little time in the patch to reach there. We are mainly looking for Ret Paladin, Balance Druid, Windwalker Monk and Ranged Hunter. 
      Raid times are Wednesday/Thursday 7-11 AEST with monday as a backup day.

Add me @Unknown#1430 to talk further.