FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Overwatch Junkrat

Guest Clarification

"Generally speaking, as a defense hero, Junkrat shines on the Defense side of maps, but he is not exactly crippling on Attack."

"As we said, though, Junkrat is not necessarily a crippling choice on Attack. "

--> This really confused me.  Do you mean:

a) he's not crippling to his own team (because people assume Junkrat the defense character would suck on Attack, so this needs to be clarified that he isn't a big handicap to his team at all?); or

b) he's not crippling to the enemy team, meaning he's just not very effective at all at Attack?

Which team is he not crippling?  

We mean, that he's not necessarily bad in Attack. We'll reword it to make sure it's more easily understood :)

Guest TankYou

Worth noting that D-Va's projectile blocking ability cancels your grenades and your mine if they pass through her ability. Also be careful activating riptire near a ledge, it pushes your player model back slightly and WILL make you fall.

1 hour ago, Guest TankYou said:

Worth noting that D-Va's projectile blocking ability cancels your grenades and your mine if they pass through her ability. Also be careful activating riptire near a ledge, it pushes your player model back slightly and WILL make you fall.

these points are both valid and the latter one is definitely worth mentioning in the guide. the one for the d'va's defense matrix is not really worth mentioning otherwise you should put that same line in every hero guide. that defense matrix swallows everything as far as I can tell. except channeled weps maybe. or mei's left click.

just my humble opinion

Guest TankYou
41 minutes ago, Shine said:

these points are both valid and the latter one is definitely worth mentioning in the guide. the one for the d'va's defense matrix is not really worth mentioning otherwise you should put that same line in every hero guide. that defense matrix swallows everything as far as I can tell. except channeled weps maybe. or mei's left click.

just my humble opinion

The mine getting eaten as you throw it was a surprise to me, though I could see how adding that to guides gets unwieldy. Thanks for the feedback.

Any projectile will be eaten by the matrix, as long as it travels in the air. Same goes for Genji's deflect. You can absorb/reflect Soldier's heal even.

This guide is outdated as Junkrat has two mines and no longer suffers damage from his own attacks.

Edited by Cjorf
Fixing spelling errors to make comment look a little more neat.