Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Hearthstone News: We Want Your Views

31 posts in this topic

20619-hearthstone-news-we-want-your-view

Icy Veins has been bringing daily news for several months now, and we can see that it is going down well by the growing number of viewers. However, one thing that we are lacking is feedback. We would love to hear from you in the comments below this article, as well as the forums, as to which things you enjoy reading.

This is a community site, and so it is important to us that we bring the articles that you want to read. We are trying to bring a good mix of amusing and serious articles, but without your feedback we are shooting in the dark.

If there is something we are not doing that you would like to see, then please comment and we will see if we can add that to our rotation of content. Likewise, if you dislike something that we are bringing, and we can label it better so that you can avoid it, this is a good time to voice your opinion.

In the meantime, we will endeavour to keep bringing you as much variety as possible.
1 person likes this

Just a presentation suggestion: I monitor the RSS feed using Feedly, along with a few other HS feeds. As presented by Feedly there is nothing obvious in the article that identifies it as IV content. If I were you I would want each piece clearly branded as yours.

I like your HS content and would like to see more in-depth pieces by Sottle. He doesn't seem to be working hard enough.

1 person likes this

Well i think Sottle is doing a great job and i enjoy the hearthstone content really much.

In my opinion, a really nice feature would be to watch Sottle play the decks. Either some recorded games packed in a video guide by him or an attached VOD from his stream.

I think that actually showing how to play the deck and explaining his decision making while playing is far better than a written guide.

That's all from me! :)

4 people like this

I love the info and the decks. I don't like how much processing power is required to visit the site.

I love the info and the decks. I don't like how much processing power is required to visit the site.

Hi, what browser are you using and what is the amount of installed add-ons for that browser? (PM me, if you can)

Posted (edited)

Well i think Sottle is doing a great job and i enjoy the hearthstone content really much.

In my opinion, a really nice feature would be to watch Sottle play the decks. Either some recorded games packed in a video guide by him or an attached VOD from his stream.

I think that actually showing how to play the deck and explaining his decision making while playing is far better than a written guide.

That's all from me! smile.png

I've been using Sottle's guides and the decks posted here for almost two years now, and I love the site. It's been nice to watch it really grow. That being said I agree with CodeRazor's comment and I think that this is the next improvement that should be made. It would be really beneficial for players to see the decks in action. Maybe even just a game for each of the popular matchups.

Edited by themuffinboyy
1 person likes this

I love Sottle's deck guides.

It would be great if there was a unified list of recently added / edited decks, to save us the trouble of searching all 18 pages (9 standard, 9 wild).

Thanks, keep up the good work!

Videos!!!

Having gameplay videos/instructions would be extremely helpful

1 person likes this

Lots of interest in video content, definitely something to look at. 

I will mention that you can always come check out my stream :)

Lots of interest in video content, definitely something to look at. 

I will mention that you can always come check out my stream smile.png

Actually playing the decks on stream, and attaching VOD links to the corresponding guide is most likely a better idea than a video.

Im just saying that, cause someone might miss a couple of streams, so it could be helpful.

What do you think mr Simon?

So the thing is, I have to use my time efficiently. So primarily a lot of the time that I play decks on stream, it's testing for a future guide, which is not the best thing to use as a teaching tool since i'm working things out over time. On top of that Twitch VODs expire over time, and also get muted if you're listening to music which I often am. 

Lorinda and I are already talking about possible ideas, hopefully we work out something cool :)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Personally think this portion of the website is extremely well designed overall, and sottle's guides helped me loads at becoming better at the game when I first started playing(I remember the first time I logged in my best rank was around 15, and a few months later I finally made it to legend for the first time).

Now when it comes to things that could be improved, I agree that video guides with maybe a short analysis on how to approach overall match ups of each deck could help out people who are new to the deck, and possibly cut down on the fools who go to the comment section to criticize. I also believe putting up a few more "fun" decks could be interesting(the old pirate rogue deck in particular was extremely fun to play, as was battlecry mage), as sometimes hs gets so frustrating that I just feel like chilling for a while instead of trying.

I also think it's great that you guys are always trying to improve, even going as far as to ask for more feedback, keep up the excellent work.

Edited by batanete
1 person likes this

Personally think this portion of the website is extremely well designed overall, and sottle's guides helped me loads at becoming better at the game when I first started playing(I remember the first time I logged in my best rank was around 15, and a few months later I finally made it to legend for the first time).

Now when it comes to things that could be improved, I agree that video guides with maybe a short analysis on how to approach overall match ups of each deck could help out people who are new to the deck, and possibly cut down on the fools who go to the comment section to criticize. I also believe putting up a few more "fun" decks could be interesting(the old pirate rogue deck in particular was extremely fun to play, as was battlecry mage), as sometimes hs gets so frustrating that I just feel like chilling for a while instead of trying.

I also think it's great that you guys are always trying to improve, even going as far as to ask for more feedback, keep up the excellent work.

The idea with the fun decks is awesome!

I totally agree, sometimes you just need to play something fun, to relax a bit. Can't wait for a freeze priest guide :D

It's interesting to know about 100 in 10 competition, various ladder news. It would be interesting to know about some interesting different decks (non meta, but still strong) which are not in deck pages right now.

1 person likes this

I personally like to see some tournaments info. Like...when the important tournament will take place. Because I check icy-veins more often than other pages..and I'd like to see smth like: "Hi guys, tonight will start the X tournament, players are: reynad, forsen and more other salty dudes (just kidding, i love these guys). You can view it live on twitch channel xxx.

1 person likes this

As a usual stalker of this site, i registered to offer feedback on this thread.

I use this site as my main (only) portal for HS information, and it seems to be working great for that. One thing i've been especially fond of recently are the meta round-ups, which offer casual players like me a closer glimpse into what's happening beyond my own tier. Posts like these (which decks are being player, why are decks leaving the meta etc.) will be greatly appreciated.

Guides (both Sottles and the arena ones) are lovely as well. In short i think what keeps me coming back is that most articles offer some analysis of the game as well as simply news. This is what keeps me coming back.

Thanks for the great work.

2 people like this

I personally like to see some tournaments info. Like...when the important tournament will take place. Because I check icy-veins more often than other pages..and I'd like to see smth like: "Hi guys, tonight will start the X tournament, players are: reynad, forsen and more other salty dudes (just kidding, i love these guys). You can view it live on twitch channel xxx.

I will definitely work on doing more of this. They might be a bit brief, but I think I can get these done.

I also think a page where it lets us know when decks are added or updated would be very helpful. Saves me clicking all class pages to see if there were any changes.

The content is good and articles of meta changes were always interesting and welcome.

2 people like this

Even better: A dedicated RSS feed!

Holy cow. You got a fair amount of feedback with this post! Personally I think you guys are doing fine. I like this site better than any other site for hearthstone info I have visited. I've actually been reading a lot longer than I've been signed up. The updates are going fine but a little slow? Seems to be a lot of old information on individual cards that is out of date since Old Gods. That's like the only thing I could think of that could use a little attention but I'm sure you all are already on it.

As far as improvements go... Maybe something interactive or fun to do every once in awhile? Like a poll or something? I dunno. You guys already do well. Well that's my two cents. Hope you like it cause I was totally going to buy gum with it. Lol.

1 person likes this

Just a presentation suggestion: I monitor the RSS feed using Feedly, along with a few other HS feeds. As presented by Feedly there is nothing obvious in the article that identifies it as IV content. If I were you I would want each piece clearly branded as yours.

I like your HS content and would like to see more in-depth pieces by Sottle. He doesn't seem to be working hard enough.

We're going to update the forum software very soon and we'll separate the news feeds for the different games, so you don't need to see WoW news when you're only interested in Hearthstone (is that what you were trying to say?).

It would be great if there was a unified list of recently added / edited decks, to save us the trouble of searching all 18 pages (9 standard, 9 wild).

It's something that's been in my todo list for a long time. After reading your comment, I decided to spend some time today to implement it. I'm almost done.

It's done, what do you think?

It's done, what do you think?

Amazing, really helpful.

I find the deck guides invaluable: thanks so much for creating them.  

My one criticism would be that since the change to Standard/Wild, there are a lot of decks that no longer make sense, but are still punted as being viable.  

Take the Silence Druid (wild) as an example.  It still runs the nerfed Wild Roar/Force of Nature combo and discusses it as viable.  The deck should either be relegated or updated.

I understand that this is a mammoth task, given the number of decks on offer, so I apologize for my criticism.

No it's totally valid. Wild has just had to take a backseat for now while I get Standard in order, but i'll be moving over to it relatively soon.