Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Top 2

63 posts in this topic

20707-hearthstone-tavern-brawl-top-2.jpg

This week's Tavern Brawl is called Top 2. In this Brawl you pick two cards and you are given a deck filled with just those two cards.

This is the 48th Tavern Brawl, and it might be the best one yet. The first deck that people were playing was composed of Mana Wyrm and Arcane Missiles. It seems that you can't stop Tempo Mage cards from being strong in Brawls. However, other decks are definitely viable. Mechwarper, for instance, is a really powerful card in multiples, while nearly any 2-card combo you have always wanted to achieve is pretty much certain to end up in your hand.

My effort is shown below on the left, while Sottle's is on the right.

zlj7hfP.png

At first this Brawl seems one-dimensional, but there are quite a few things to try out. It remains to be seen whether this Brawl will have much replay value, but the hour or so I played around with it, I had a lot of fun.

I have deliberately not posted all of the combinations I found in this post, but feel free to post your favourites in the comments.
1 person likes this

My most successful so far has been Warlock with Forbidden Ritual and Knife Juggler.

Some fairly strong combos I've seen opponents with have been Living Roots with Call of the Wild on Druid and Bilefin Tidehunter and Evolve on Shaman.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I had a lot of fun playing Druid, using Innervate and Raven Idol.  Pretty easy to get your pick of minions and spells, and have the mana to play them.

Edited by Allegro
1 person likes this

I've had some decent luck playing Murloc Tidecaller and Murloc Warleader. I also saw a Mechwarper/Metaltooth Leaper Hunter deck that killed me on turn 2 by using coin on turn 1 and hero power on turn 2.

I tried several variations but by far the most successful (and annoying) was Mage with Ice Block + Fireball.

As long as you draw a fair number of Ice Blocks, it's nearly impossible to lose.

Priest using Forbidden Shaping and Mind Blast was rather fun

I tried several variations but by far the most successful (and annoying) was Mage with Ice Block + Fireball.

As long as you draw a fair number of Ice Blocks, it's nearly impossible to lose.

Include Ice Lance for Fireball and you are good to go. Just wait till you got 9 of them for 32dmg. 

1 person likes this

Hunter with Mech Warper and Metal Tooth Leaper is pretty silly. 

Innervate+Y'Shaarj (can) = turn 1 concedes.

Also had fun with Upgrade! matched with a couple different pirates.

Druid

Living Roots + Savage Roar = Win by turn 4

Haven't lost yet

HI,

After bad start with "Flash heal" + "Mind blast", change to combination of "Twilight whelp" + "Museum curator" show great results, for now more then 10 wins in row.

:D

Simple, fun and enjoyable. Definitely top 2 on my list of favorite brawls (yes, I did this pun sorry).

Also, easy and fast dailies and gold cap are always a pleasure.

Include Ice Lance for Fireball and you are good to go. Just wait till you got 9 of them for 32dmg.

Good call on Ice Lance.

One thing to note about Ice Block. It won't prevent you from dying to Curse of Rafaam.

How do you lose on turn 2 with mechwarper/metaltooth?

I've had some decent luck playing Murloc Tidecaller and Murloc Warleader. I also saw a Mechwarper/Metaltooth Leaper Hunter deck that killed me on turn 2 by using coin on turn 1 and hero power on turn 2.

Leper Gnome and Mind Blast - Priest

Fireball+ice block is actually just broken.

Good call on Ice Lance.

One thing to note about Ice Block. It won't prevent you from dying to Curse of Rafaam.

Ice lance is just inferior to fireball, mostly because you can't gradually kill your opponent, and you can't rely on getting to the point where you have 9 lances against most decks, especially the board flood ones with mechwarper or coldlight oracle.

Fireball+ice block is actually just broken.

Nope. Innervate + Coldlight Oracle should easily beat this. Ice block won't save you from fatigue damage.

arcane missiles + flamewaker   ..op as hell 

Clockwork gnome + Flamewaker is good too.

1 person likes this

Y'Shaarj + Innervate is pretty entertaining. 

arcane missiles + flamewaker   ..op as hell 

Clockwork gnome + Flamewaker is good too.

i agree but getting random spells could do just the same ..but i prefer the consistency from the arcane missiles and    just keep building a board till u can burst damage ffor lots of damage ...but ill try the clockwork dude for sure ...

Posted (edited)

My combos so far... Prepare for lulz.

Wisp+Evole.

Shieldbearer+bolster.

Equality+Wild pyromancer.

Innervate+Shifter Zerus.

Angry Chicken+Mark of the wild.

Sorcerer Apprentice+Cabalist tome(Slow but fun.)

Ancestors call+Any ridiculous legendary. Notably Nefarian and on the epic list, blood of the old god.

Stupid fun.

Edit: Ysera, not Nefarian. Got my damn dragons mixed up.

Edited by Soultwist

I was having fun playing hunter webspinner+cackling hyena.