FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
demonardvark

alrighty beta time is upon us

well good news for everyone interested in the world of dks (i suppose all of wow but this is the dk board tongue.png) we are now moving into the beta invites going out. now pretty much all abilities and what not are sorta set in stone and the big work on blizzards part (allegedly) is tuning based now. So once we get some stabilized tuning going we can finally settle the argument of which lvl 100 talent is better for unholy dark arbiter or defile. is soul reaper even worth using now.

so in the mean time, now that we have more solid talent set ups and artifact weapon traits. lets talk dks in legion. which spec do you feel like you are going to play? what changes do you like? what changes don't you like? what lore appeals to you?

myself I'm excited for unholy (Despite the 47 re-works). The refocus on diseases, pestilence, and pets, really makes it feel distinct and have its own toys to play with. Especially getting a pet baby stitches adds to the fun.

I'm not thrilled however, will the changes to blood. All the abilities are interesting however, as of last time playing it, it was sort of hard to stay alive. They nerfed tanks to make tanking harder (since people complained it was too easy) and at least for blood it really felt bad. Blood used to be take every other hit to the face like a man, and then block the next with blood shields. So the new abilities are all great lore wise and class fantasy wise, but I no longer felt invincible (do you , do you see what i did there?). 

Of course the tuning will determine a lot of stuff.

so how about you?

• Like 1

In wod I main a blood dk, I chose blood dk over other classes because of their awesome soloing capabilities.

I've played legion alpha for a while and found blood dk a bit lackluster on specifically that front (soloing). Note that this has been more than six weeks ago so might very well be blizzard has at least changed things since last I tried.

Moving on topic, I will be switching main indeed, to shadow priest. My dk however will still continue to fight the threat of the burning legion as unholy. Again basing this on alpha playtesting. I am very happy with the changes to unholy. Unholy has always been an interesting spec to me, fantasy wise at the least. I really enjoy the system with virtulent plague and festering wounds. It seems well made and fits the unholy dk.

I haven't really liked frost dk pretty much ever so I haven't tested them (yet).

My advice to every dk out there would be to at least try unholy in legion. Imo it's very promising.

Shine

• Like 1

Im thinking of switching from Frost to Blood for Legion with UH as my backup.

Will see how it shapes up in the meantime.

• Like 1

in alpha beta I have tried out frost and its not bad per say just doesn't feel revamped in a way. remorseless winter doing damage is really fun and gives it a real lich king feel. there is nothing wrong with class its really solid just not exciting to me. when the changed the way obliteration (new lvl 100 talent) works it broke my heart. there was for a long time, 2 really solid builds for legion frost for single target and aoe. single was going to be this glorious obliteration spam while aoe was BOS. With the change to obliteration it still may be a thing, but having to weave in frost strikes now makes me sad. from there, if tuning dictates it, and BOS is strong for frost, that will be disappointing

. just because after so long in HFC, doing bos as unholy, having that as a strong main focus ability again feels too redundant. also dks never were really a hoard resources and burst class. now glacial advance may be strong with tuning, which would be cool. its just both of the other specs seem to have gotten more love. blood is now about blood shield and bone shields, and a vampiric weapon that drinks the blood of enemies to heal the user (and in lore will turn on the user if not fed) - that sounds awesome. unholy is now about pestilence and blisters and diseases all while raising armies of undead and wielding a weapon that is to bring about the end of the world with famine war and desolation - holy god thats so metal. frost is......... frosty attacks..... and wielding a broken frostmourne that was duct taped back together into two smaller swords........

its like with lich king fantasy they wanted a three way split, but blood and unholy just got so much more than frost. now don't get me wrong, if you like frost in wod, you'll like in legion. it just is like a slice of white bread. the backbone of any sandwich but lack luster on its own.

again though, tuning is the key now in beta, and how those numbers fall will determine a lot. although it would be fun if DK's could be a top dps class again, those 3 days when HFC first launched were a blast XD

• Like 1

I guess it's a good time to be getting back into things. can jump into some of the early theory crafting on the beta. Maybe update the weak auras to be ready at launch, although I need to check and see if Bitten's spellflash is still a thing, because I don't want to reinvent the wheel if his addon is already better than anything I can make in weak aura.

6 hours ago, Storm said:

I guess it's a good time to be getting back into things. can jump into some of the early theory crafting on the beta. Maybe update the weak auras to be ready at launch, although I need to check and see if Bitten's spellflash is still a thing, because I don't want to reinvent the wheel if his addon is already better than anything I can make in weak aura.

Weak Aura work would actually be a really good thing to hop on. I don't touch weak auras myself but I know how many people like em. Between most (Well here, mmo, and reddit) sources we have a pretty good handle on what should end up being the best talent choices and rotations, but that's all horribly subject to change. However, having weak auras for all that would be great for those who like em :D

p.s. have fun doing an unholy one XD it would have to be so complex because there are like 6 things for unholy dks to manage now XD

p.s.s. I foresee there needing to be multiple talent rotation builds for each class/spec based upon legendary drop. Which one obtained first will likely highly impact rotation. Also allegedly as expac goes on we can equip more and more further complicating the matter

I might be able to help you get a head start on the weakauras or not...they might not be useful to you but...

I created weakauras for all the spells/talents/abilitys for all 3 specs.

You can find them all here:

http://pastebin.com/u/Darkovan

If something is missing it might be hooked to the RP bar.