Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Overwatch Zarya

10 posts in this topic

You forgot to mention the part about not trying to go after anyone alone, ever, because she cant do anything on her own

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 28, 2016 at 3:07 AM, Guest LadyBabyMan said:

You forgot to mention the part about not trying to go after anyone alone, ever, because she cant do anything on her own

 

I'm not sure about this. Zarya's damage output is not that bad, especially once it's boosted by damage absorption. Good use of Barrier can help you out, but she's definitely not an assassin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do believe Mercy can 'fly' to a distant target not caught if she herself is in Zaryas ulti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe on the "Heroes that can counter Graviton Surge" area you can add that Zarya players should be careful when using her ult against a team with Genji on it, since he can reflect the projectile with his reflect ability and turn things pretty bad for your team if you're all together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 17, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Guest Youhna said:

I do believe Mercy can 'fly' to a distant target not caught if she herself is in Zaryas ulti

I'll test this as soon as I can access the game again in a few days' time. Thanks for the suggestion.

On June 28, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Guest Myltretas said:

Maybe on the "Heroes that can counter Graviton Surge" area you can add that Zarya players should be careful when using her ult against a team with Genji on it, since he can reflect the projectile with his reflect ability and turn things pretty bad for your team if you're all together.

I'm adding this to the guide right now. It's a very good point, and I thank you for mentioning it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can deal much higher DPS in short to medium range if you alternate between left and right clicks. This is because after an orb you can shoot beam much earlier than another orb. So you can effectively get some "free" beam squeezed between each orb. If done correctly, you can still shoot 4 orbs with a clip and get some beam in between them, without losing any time between orbs.

I just found about this today while trying some things in 1v1, so I'm not 100% certain this is true. But it really feels like you can use the beam between orbs and still shoot the orbs at the same rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2016 at 5:59 PM, Guest doat said:

I think you can deal much higher DPS in short to medium range if you alternate between left and right clicks. This is because after an orb you can shoot beam much earlier than another orb. So you can effectively get some "free" beam squeezed between each orb. If done correctly, you can still shoot 4 orbs with a clip and get some beam in between them, without losing any time between orbs.

I just found about this today while trying some things in 1v1, so I'm not 100% certain this is true. But it really feels like you can use the beam between orbs and still shoot the orbs at the same rate.

After some testing of this, I think you need to be VERY careful with how much energy you spend. The beam accuracy is MUCH more reliant on your personal skill and tracking, so you could theoretically be missing out a full orb cast by using the beam, despite missing the beam constantly. 

It's important also to remember that you can only use 24 energy on your beam without losing a full orb. This is just under 2 seconds of beam energy. You need to monitor your energy VERY carefully, or you'll end up doing a lot less damage. You will also spend more time reloading.

Lots of things to consider here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some numbers are incorrect.

You gain 1% energy per 4 damage absorbed, not 3% per 5.
Projected barrier absorbs 200 damage, not 400.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2016 at 2:32 PM, Guest Seeri said:

Some numbers are incorrect.

You gain 1% energy per 4 damage absorbed, not 3% per 5.
Projected barrier absorbs 200 damage, not 400.

Will get these passed on and updated! Thanks!

Edit: We do list the shield as absorbing 200 damage, not 400, already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Pirate Aggro Warrior Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Aggro Jade Shaman Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Aggro Jade Shaman Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • Guest Daniel
      By Guest Daniel
      This thread is for comments about our Legendary Malygos Dragon Warlock Deck for TGT.
    • By Zadina
      Overwatch is about to experience its very first Christmas next week and some primary info on the event has already surfaced.
      The Christmas Spirit will grace the world of Overwatch with its presence next Tuesday the 13th of December, as it was confirmed earlier today on Twitter.
      Placeholder for tweet 806196531795673088 French site JudgeHype has done some digging and has datamined some first details on this upcoming event. First of all, there will be a special Christmas-themed weekly Brawl, while one to three maps will probably feature festive decorations. All heroes will receive a new emote, spray and voice line, as well as one or two skins, emotes and highlight intros. Lastly, Torbjorn is probably getting a Santa skin, along with a respective emote and highlight intro.
      Hopefully we will know more about the even soon! Are you looking forward to it?