FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Overwatch D.Va

Guest Flippanteer

You should change the cooldown value for Defense Matrix now that it's no longer 6 seconds

On May 23, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Guest Flippanteer said:

You should change the cooldown value for Defense Matrix now that it's no longer 6 seconds

Thanks a lot for this. I'm updating it now!

Guest Max Johnson

Hi, just FYI whichever ad service you're using on this site cause my Android device to do a full page redirect so I couldn't even read your content. The only way I could get it to behave was to 'stop' loading the page in Chrome with the little X button, which stopped the redirect script dead!

Now that that's over with - One thing I've not seen any guide suggest is that D.Va's primary weapons are essentially just 'automatic shotguns'. You've covered the damage drop-off concept well, but on paper, 'fusion cannons' don't represent their function.

If they were called that from the get go I'd have understood their purpose better :P

7 hours ago, Guest Max Johnson said:

Hi, just FYI whichever ad service you're using on this site cause my Android device to do a full page redirect so I couldn't even read your content. The only way I could get it to behave was to 'stop' loading the page in Chrome with the little X button, which stopped the redirect script dead!

Now that that's over with - One thing I've not seen any guide suggest is that D.Va's primary weapons are essentially just 'automatic shotguns'. You've covered the damage drop-off concept well, but on paper, 'fusion cannons' don't represent their function.

If they were called that from the get go I'd have understood their purpose better :P

Sorry about that :( Do you have any additional information to provide us with? Like where you're browsing from and the exact page where you get redirected.

I'll let Vlad handle the rest of the comment.

Guest raikku
On 5/25/2016 at 9:51 AM, Vlad said:

Thanks a lot for this. I'm updating it now!

Not updated.

"Cooldown: 6 seconds"

5 hours ago, Guest raikku said:

Not updated.

"Cooldown: 6 seconds"

I just did it. Not sure what had happened to Vlad's update :p

16 hours ago, Guest Max Johnson said:

Thanks for the Fusion Cannon suggestion. I'm making that update as we speak.

Guest OneDollarWilliam

I don't know if it's useful enough to make the guide, but if D.Va is positioned close to an enemy Hanzo she can completely kill Dragonstrike with Defense Matrix. When Hanzo uses Dragonstrike it starts by firing a regular arrow. If D.Va has Defense Matrix activated it can shoot down the arrow and the rest of the ult doesn't trigger. 

On June 10, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Guest John said:

In this paragraph:

"The best way to get kills with Self-Destruct is to have the enemies incapacitated, stunned, or heavily distracted by your teammates. Here, we are thinking of abilities such as Zarya's Graviton Surge IconGraviton Surge, Reinhardt's Earthshatter IconEarthshatter, or Mei's Cryo-Freeze IconCryo-Freeze."

I think you meant to write Blizzard instead of Cryo-Freeze.

Hey, thanks for pointing that out. Fixing it now.

On June 17, 2016 at 9:39 PM, Guest OneDollarWilliam said:

I don't know if it's useful enough to make the guide, but if D.Va is positioned close to an enemy Hanzo she can completely kill Dragonstrike with Defense Matrix. When Hanzo uses Dragonstrike it starts by firing a regular arrow. If D.Va has Defense Matrix activated it can shoot down the arrow and the rest of the ult doesn't trigger. 

I think that is useful, but it kind of goes into general mechanics. I'd rather not add it for now :)

Guest Ult

You don't need to take cover from self-destruct anymore, when they changed the timer from 4 seconds to 3 seconds on the blast, they also removed its capability to kill the person using it.

Guest Checkomated

Also D.VA's Deffensiv Matrix if fully charged counters the entire roadhog ult. other fun fakt. IF a roadhog hooks a team mate and u as D.VA stan infront of them you can use ur deffensiv matrix to prevent the oneshot. basicly u can counter roadhog better then any other tank. since roadhog is off meta its not that big of a deal but he still is played in some games even comp. so it snice to know.

41 minutes ago, Guest Checkomated said:

Also D.VA's Deffensiv Matrix if fully charged counters the entire roadhog ult. other fun fakt. IF a roadhog hooks a team mate and u as D.VA stan infront of them you can use ur deffensiv matrix to prevent the oneshot. basicly u can counter roadhog better then any other tank. since roadhog is off meta its not that big of a deal but he still is played in some games even comp. so it snice to know.

When you can counter a hero that much, it's always worth noting. Thanks for the comment!

Glad i  was able to help :D im a big fan of D.VA she is an incredible fun tank to play and very unique. if i may add another detail: D.VA is (in my opinion) much better in attack. Reason therefor is that a) she can kick deffending enemie players down from high ground wich can destroy the tactic they have or even kil them if u manage to kick them towards ur team. B) as u mentioned she is extremly good against sniper cause u can fly with Deffensiv matrix activated towards them. u can sort of clean the path and also backdoor enemies thx to her awesome mobility.

btw all in all great guide u made for D.VA and great page in general ive been using icy-veins for hearthstone AND world of warcraft since for ever :D keep it up guys :D

Just now, Checkomated said:

Glad i  was able to help :D im a big fan of D.VA she is an incredible fun tank to play and very unique. if i may add another detail: D.VA is (in my opinion) much better in attack. Reason therefor is that a) she can kick deffending enemie players down from high ground wich can destroy the tactic they have or even kil them if u manage to kick them towards ur team. B) as u mentioned she is extremly good against sniper cause u can fly with Deffensiv matrix activated towards them. u can sort of clean the path and also backdoor enemies thx to her awesome mobility.

btw all in all great guide u made for D.VA and great page in general ive been using icy-veins for hearthstone AND world of warcraft since for ever :D keep it up guys :D

Glad to hear that you enjoy the site!

D.va can work very well on defense too, mainly due to her ultimate. There are very few heroes in the game that can completely isolate a team objective, ruin a setup of ultimates and so on, but D.va is one of them. Just as she can clear a point when attacking, she can come back from a team wipe and clear the point completely with her ult.

I agree that she is probably stronger on attack, but she is still a VERY capable tank on Defense.

6 hours ago, Checkomated said:

agreed! its just i rather play zarya / reinhardt combo in deff because it guarantees more sustenance in my opinion :3 but yeah u r totaly right :)

You kind of rotate Reinhardt depending your own comp tbh. I hate playing reinhardt in a team that never needs to stand behind me (Widow, Hanzo, Torb, Junkrat, Pharah etc.). They can just sit in the wings and do what they do best, while I stand there and protect nobody. In those times, I'll take D.Va any day.

Guest Frakk

There is a way to kill a Pharah during her ultimate. Just fly to her, pop defensive matrix and see she kills herself via splash damage.

On 12/9/2016 at 5:38 PM, Guest Frakk said:

There is a way to kill a Pharah during her ultimate. Just fly to her, pop defensive matrix and see she kills herself via splash damage.

This is definitely possible, you just need to be careful of what you are sacrificing. You will almost certainly kill your mech while doing this and, given the use of Ana's ult on Soldier, you might expose your team to a full Soldier + Ana ult straight after with no mech to defend them.

On 5/22/2017 at 6:56 PM, SomeBoredGuy358 said:

D.Va's mech health has been increased to 600

This will be included in the rewrite of the guide :)