FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
jendoll

silly simcraft?

Every site has differing opinions as to a warlock's stat priority should be. As a demo lock I've seen all three stats listed in various orders. I've gemmed for crit and simcraft told me to reforge for crit. I tried gemming for mastery and it told me to reforge for mastery. Same thing goes for haste. Is simcraft not taking my current (crappy) gear level into account? I was always told that stat weights usually only change with gear upgrades. At 505ilvl I topped the charts in my raid on Horridon 10man normal with 138k. I understand that the lower everyone's dps is, the longer fight is, thus decreasing final boss dps. But it still seems kind of low. It was my first and only kill of Horridon so I have no other kills to compare it to. World of logs doesn't help because most people have way better gear.

I feel like I'm missing something. My dps just doesn't feel up to par in regular raids.

Every site has differing opinions as to a warlock's stat priority should be. As a demo lock I've seen all three stats listed in various orders. I've gemmed for crit and simcraft told me to reforge for crit. I tried gemming for mastery and it told me to reforge for mastery. Same thing goes for haste. Is simcraft not taking my current (crappy) gear level into account? I was always told that stat weights usually only change with gear upgrades. At 505ilvl I topped the charts in my raid on Horridon 10man normal with 138k. I understand that the lower everyone's dps is, the longer fight is, thus decreasing final boss dps. But it still seems kind of low. It was my first and only kill of Horridon so I have no other kills to compare it to. World of logs doesn't help because most people have way better gear.

I feel like I'm missing something. My dps just doesn't feel up to par in regular raids.

Running scale factors (stat weights) takes the stats you have, and tells you the value of stats if you add an amount equal to the delta. Delta = rating.

So, if you run with 4000 haste, crit, and mastery, and set the delta to 1000, it will tell you which of those will be the best for THE NEXT 1000 RATING. Say it spits out crit. You reforge, now you have 6000 crit, 4000 mastery, 2000 haste. Because you lowered the amount of haste on the gear, that makes the next 1000 haste more valuable than before.

If you want to see a more detailed analysis of your stats, it will take much longer, but may help in the long run. I'll direct you over to:

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/StatsScaling#Reforge_plots

• Like 2

While Gaddho is spot on about using Simcraft to find your stat weights, I can assure you that your DPS isn't as tied into your secondary stats as you might think. If you linked a log, it actually WOULD be beneficial because we could see your spell choices, buff times, and target uptimes so that we know you're doing the right thing at the right time. If your highest DPS on normal Horridon was 134k, lots of people in your group could learn a little about how to do better damage on that fight. I've seen VERY minor differences with 12000 Haste and 5500 Mastery compared to 9500 Haste and 8000 Mastery. Same would go for other values. There are small variances with the reforging, but if you're going out looking for 'magic reforge values' you'll be sorely disappointed because everyone has their own set of gear with unique combinations of stat values. Focus more on your rotation and execution of mechanics before you worry about your reforging as that will have a MUCH higher response to your DPS than swapping some gems and reforges.

• Like 2