FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valkyr

Has anyone else noticed a higher Legendary drop in classic packs?

Hey Guys,

So I recently spent all my gold on classic packs since I needed a few cards from it. I bought around 42 packs. I got my first legendary at 4 packs and 2nd 8 packs after (golden tony and leeroy).  It took 28 packs to get the next legendary (Baron Geddon) but got a fourth legendary 2 packs later, totaling to 4 legendaries in 42 packs.

Am I just imagining the higher rate or others have felt that classic is dropping higher rate for legendaries as well? Or is this kind of rate normal?

That seems slightly higher than usual, but not like INSANE luck. I'd call you lucky for sure, but I won't be ripping my shirt off and running down the street screaming for you!

Hahahaha. Well I'm not used to getting a 2 legendaries within 10 cards difference, and it happened twice so I was like maybe blizz changed the rulz.

Hahahaha. Well I'm not used to getting a 2 legendaries within 10 cards difference, and it happened twice so I was like maybe blizz changed the rulz.

I had the same feeling when I did a big pack opening with the new expansion :p Managed to get back-to-back legendaries and was wondering if they had buffed it for the new release

I've got only common cards from 15 packs, so it's not mine expansion it seems. Or i ll get gold legend soontm

I've got only common cards from 15 packs, so it's not mine expansion it seems. Or i ll get gold legend soontm

Did you remember to click the *get extra lucky* button when you bought it? :p

I got two legendaries on the same day, so I expect not to get another for like 17 years. 

• Like 1

With the new expansion I'm averaging one legendary per 40 packs or so, which is basically the pity ratio.  So definitely not seeing any buffing of the drop rate on my end.

• Like 1

I draw a legendary every 30-40 pack. If you draw legendarys every 4 pack be happy about it.

I've unpacked to the beginning of the expansion 263 packs and got like 7 legendarys.

If I draw like you, I would have enough dust for the rest of my life ;-)

I got two legendaries on the same day, so I expect not to get another for like 17 years. 

Seems fair, I approve.

I draw a legendary every 30-40 pack. If you draw legendarys every 4 pack be happy about it.

I've unpacked to the beginning of the expansion 263 packs and got like 7 legendarys.

If I draw like you, I would have enough dust for the rest of my life ;-)

Actually I was talking specifically about Classic packs. My hypothesis was that classic packs now have a slightly higher chance of getting a legendary. I still could be wrong.

I'll occasionally have a lucky streak, but I also have been getting really bad unlucky streaks. Recently got a Deathwing and Twin Emperor (both duplicates), as well as a golden Malygos, within the past 25-30 packs or so. I have however definitely gone on a 50+ 40 dust streak, give or take.

Hmm.. don't know, the only classic packs I get are the rewards for the brawl.

I will repost if I figure something out.

Same here so it's hard to get a handle on how often I see a legendary.  I would say not often as I can't recall the last Classic legendary I obtained, until yesterday when Lorewalker Cho popped in the free brawl pack.

I'll occasionally have a lucky streak, but I also have been getting really bad unlucky streaks. Recently got a Deathwing and Twin Emperor (both duplicates), as well as a golden Malygos, within the past 25-30 packs or so. I have however definitely gone on a 50+ 40 dust streak, give or take.

Well the rate of legendary drop is calculated independently for each type of pack. The rate of legendary from a pack is directly proportional to the number of packs you have opened since your last legendary of that pack type. 

It starts at 4% at the lowest I believe, By 20 packs it has increased enough for you to get a legendary soon (which is why most people average at a legendary every 20 packs). By your 40th pack the rate is at a 100%.

I use pitytracker.com to keep track of my packs and legendaries. IT also tells me the chance of getting a legendary in next pack and how many new cards I can get from opening a particular pack.