FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vaellian

Haste breakpoints for fury?

I'm just curious. i know Fury has Haste breakpoints at 11% and 18%, 11% Makes BT cool down 4 seconds so you can fit 2 in during enrage, but what's the 18% do? i can't find an explanation anywhere

Truth be told, I couldn't tell you what specifically happens at the 18% haste point. Some even recommend a middle-ground, 14%, before reaching the 18%.

You are correct, though; the 11% allows for two casts of Bloodthirst within 1 duration of Enrage. Personally... anything beyond that / once you obtain your class trinket is simply to take more advantage of ability_warrior_furiousresolve.jpgHeadlong Rush. The more haste you have directly affects your GCD. A faster GCD means more swings, more casts, and more damage.

I might be wrong here, but I believe it is to do with the interaction between Bloodthirst, the GCD, Wild Strike and our 4-set. 

Given the way that these pieces interact, you reach a point where you can spam 3 Wild Strikes in a single BT cooldown, even with the longer GCD trigger by BT. I think this is the 18% mark. After you go past that, you basically don't need the additional haste, given that WS is such a high priority from the 4-set. You'll be spamming the ability at such a rate that you literally cannot generate the necessary rage to sustain it, without pooling a large amount. 

Essentially, the benefit beyond this point given our rotation simply isn't worth it when compared with Mastery, for example. Even more so if you're using the class trinket.