FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Legendary Priest C'Thun Control Standard

I've been running a similar deck for the last few weeks, and its working beautifully. I dont use the doomcallers, and a few other minor tweaks. You usually get a very smooth mana curve, with a solid minion available almost every turn, and good responses for whatever they may play. 

7 hours ago, AptypR said:

Any replacements for Vek'lor?

Twin Emperor Vek'lor is a reason why C'thun decks are good. He is arguably the second most powerful card in the deck, and it might not even be worth it to play the deck without him. The swaps would be Doomcaller against control, Sen'jin Shieldmasta against aggro, Shadow Word: Death or Entomb against midrangey decks.

• Like 1

I've got to say i didn't find much use out of the Doomsayer's but perhaps i'm not coming up against enough excessively spammy decks. Surprisingly only had a couple of Zoo matchups to test it in. All in all this is working fairly well. Subbed the Doomsayers out for Museum curators. Especially with the hand synergy they can be utilised with Brann Bronzebeard. Whilst there's better combo's to use him with. Dropping a curator the next turn if you can get away with it is pretty strong too.

1 hour ago, Guest 123lose said:

this deck gets torn apart by deathrattle decks

The main issue when playing against deathrattle decks is timing and playing around Sylvanas Windrunner. If you face a lot of N'Zoth decks, consider adding a second Entomb in place of Shadow Word: PainShadow Word: Death or Doomsayer, depending on your other matchups.

On 9/16/2016 at 7:38 PM, positiv2 said:

The main issue when playing against deathrattle decks is timing and playing around Sylvanas Windrunner. If you face a lot of N'Zoth decks, consider adding a second Entomb in place of Shadow Word: PainShadow Word: Death or Doomsayer, depending on your other matchups.

Worth removing Cabal for Entomb?

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Worth removing Cabal for Entomb?

Probably worth removing Cabal for almost anything, there's a serious lack of good targets for it in the present meta.

31 minutes ago, mgoetze said:

Probably worth removing Cabal for almost anything, there's a serious lack of good targets for it in the present meta.

Exactly what I was thinking. 

5 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

@Blainie If you don't encounter enough decks that have good targets for Cabal Shadow Priest, like dragon warrior, then sure. In the end it's just a tech card.

I'm not derailing I swear!

Are you saying it is good vs. DW or bad? I can't think of any card that you can grab from Dragon Warrior, since they all get buffed above 2

11 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I'm not derailing I swear!

Are you saying it is good vs. DW or bad? I can't think of any card that you can grab from Dragon Warrior, since they all get buffed above 2

I meant it is a very bad deck to encounter with 2 Cabal Shadow Priests. The only cards you can steal are SlimeFrothing Berserker (sometimes) and Sir Finley Mrrgglton, which is not enough, as only Frothing Berserker has extra value. Additionally, the pressure from dragon warrior is often so high (and the power of priests is so low) that you need to use hero power every turn to stay alive, which makes Cabal Shadow Priest a low value card that is often too slow.
It's fine to run Cabal Shadow Priest against sSlower decks that have low amount of targets, like Control Warrior, since you are not under constant pressure and you often get extra value, such as card draw from Acolyte of Pain or armor from Armorsmith.

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

It's fine to run Cabal Shadow Priest against sSlower decks that have low amount of targets, like Control Warrior, since you are not under constant pressure and you often get extra value, such as card draw from Acolyte of Pain or armor from Armorsmith.

Except that they don't run Armorsmith nowadays. For a C'Thun deck it's probably good to steal Acolyte of Pain, if it were a pure Control deck that might be more sketchy (against Control Warrior anyway). Brann Bronzebeard has all but disappeared from the meta, the only really high-value target nowadays is Flamewaker. I suppose Kindly Grandmother is decent too. Taking something low-impact like a Totem or Argent Squire, even an Argent Horserider (if you can find one that still has Divine Shield) just seems too slow nowadays. Well, the entire Priest class seems too slow, so, whatever.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mgoetze said:

Well, the entire Priest class seems too slow, so, whatever.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sign in to follow this