Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Unite Against Mechazod!

13 posts in this topic

20820-hearthstone-tavern-brawl-unite-aga

This week's Tavern Brawl is the 49th Tavern Brawl. It is a repeat of Unite Against Mechazod!

This was one of the more popular Brawls last time around. Two players have to cooperate to kill Mechazod, a 2/95 Taunt minion who changes sides at the end of each turn. One player takes the role of Priest, while the other takes Paladin. If the players defeat Mechazod, they both win. If either player dies, they both lose.

DMPvcvJ.png

Both decks use plenty of cards that can help their team. I will deliberately not post too many spoilers in here, but cards such as Dancing Swords and Arcane Golem can be used to give your partner cards and mana. There are also some tricks available with Lorewalker Cho and Millhouse Manastorm. Other things are for you to find out!

When Mechazod changes sides, he also uses one of his spells. These are:
  • Prioritize: Damage Attack: damage to biggest minion
  • Bomb Savlo: Deal Attack damage to up to three random targets
  • Overclock: Gain 2 Attack
  • Double Zap: Deal Attack damage to both players
  • One other ability, that I won't spoil for those who don't know
Mechazod's spells are the same as in Return of Mechazod, which means this Brawl has been updated slightly since last time we saw it. Previously he was able to Assassinate the biggest minion instead of using Prioritize.

This is another Brawl where you don't have to build a 30 card deck. It has been five weeks since one of those, and I think this is a good trend. Brawls are supposed to be casual and fun. This particular Brawl fits the fun category pretty well. Beware though, some opponents play the whole game and then concede just before winning. A frustrating downside of the format.
1 person likes this

That sinking feeling you get when you watch your brawl-mate coin out his Millhouse on turn one. sad.png

1 person likes this

That sinking feeling you get when you watch your brawl-mate coin out his Millhouse on turn one. sad.png

Or when they actively try to kill you and ignore Mech? :D

The real terrible thing is when you try and fill your board so that Mechazod can't find a place to switch side . Well, he found a way to switch side anyway sad.png

The real terrible thing is when you try and fill your board so that Mechazod can't find a place to switch side . Well, he found a way to switch side anyway sad.png

It's a painful lesson to learn :(

Beware though, some opponents play the whole game and then concede just before winning. A frustrating downside of the format.

Control Warriors incognito tongue.png

1 person likes this

Black knight hehe

If only!

so nice to get partner who use coin at first move to play Lorewalker Cho... and this last brawl was strange, partner leave  (disconected probably) he explode, and I win

1 person likes this

Does Black Knight actually work against Mechazod?

And this brawl was awesome.

1 minute ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

Does Black Knight actually work against Mechazod?

And this brawl was awesome.

I don't think it's possible to test, since you have premade decks. If he was in it, he'd probably work. Maybe one day we will see Unstable Portal into BK into Mechazod dead.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Blainie said:

I don't think it's possible to test, since you have premade decks. If he was in it, he'd probably work. Maybe one day we will see Unstable Portal into BK into Mechazod dead.

True.

I am pretty sure I've seen Unstable Portal in the one where you used Mage against Mechazod, but I don't recall seeing a Black Knight from it.

3 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

True.

I am pretty sure I've seen Unstable Portal in the one where you used Mage against Mechazod, but I don't recall seeing a Black Knight from it.

Going to have to make sure to spam the brawl next time Mage is available for it!

1 person likes this