FORUMS
Peelyon

Shiny New Forums

5 hours ago, Damien said:

It's already there, you just need to click on the indicator on the left of the thread's name (either a star if you've contributed to the topic or a disc if you haven't). It'll get you to the first unread post in the thread. Did I make sense? :p

Whoa! Mind blown :D 

I suppose the star / disc thingy did that even with the old forums. I always clicked on the link within the topic, but this is neat. Thanks

Ohh and one more thing, this is not related to forums itself, but anyway to get to the hearthstone change log page on the mobile version? I usually end up forcing desktop version to see that. 

@drumsmani Right. I admit that it's not something I had actually thought about. It goes to my TODO list for tonight :p

• Like 1

When you click a windows notification about receiving a like, it opens the link in your currently active IV tab, can't you have this open as a new tab instead?

I was watching a youtube guide on here and after clicking the windows(!) notification it went to the link on the page where I was watching the video which is rather annoying.

I guess this question belongs to this forum and this thread, so here I go:

Guest Posting.

It appears that it's only implemented for Hearthstone forum, and it kinda bothers me. Traffic and dynamics there are already not at their best, and guestposting only makes it worse : no registration means no obligation, no consistency etc. and it just defeats the purpose of forums. We want a good community but we're not going to get that way.

So I have to ask "why does this exist" and also "why Hearthstone forums only"?

16 hours ago, Paracel said:

I guess this question belongs to this forum and this thread, so here I go:

Guest Posting.

It appears that it's only implemented for Hearthstone forum, and it kinda bothers me. Traffic and dynamics there are already not at their best, and guestposting only makes it worse : no registration means no obligation, no consistency etc. and it just defeats the purpose of forums. We want a good community but we're not going to get that way.

So I have to ask "why does this exist" and also "why Hearthstone forums only"?

Not sure if I understand, so if I get something wrong, please correct me. You want only registered users to be able to post, as it would increase traffic in the long run? 
Guest posting is not in HS subforum only. It is in every guide subforum, it's just that HS is quite popular (especially when compared to HotS or Diablo III) and that means more users, some of which are, of course, guests. Also, I feel that the traffic is good enough, especially when you compare the "quality" of users to the one in Hearthpwn (This opinion is my personal opinion and does not reflect the opinions or views of Icy-Veins or its staff or the opinions or views of any other individual). Of course, it could be better (which is why the forums underwent a redesign), but I don't think that disallowing guests is the way to go.

There's a newpost on the main page being weird: The Insomnia 58 Qualifier one. (Look to the left, and right, of the page). The issue seems to come from the Ness twitter link somehow.

IV.jpg

Edited by PaasHaaS

What's that Discover thing about btw?

I've tried to figure it out but I just can't make any sense of it. Both the results are odd and the actual discover keywords sometimes make no sense either (see: This news article where the discover key words are 'july 2005 in science', 'capital' and 'month')

On 1 July 2016 at 3:00 PM, PaasHaaS said:

What's that Discover thing about btw?

I've tried to figure it out but I just can't make any sense of it. Both the results are odd and the actual discover keywords sometimes make no sense either (see: This news article where the discover key words are 'july 2005 in science', 'capital' and 'month')

It's something we're testing. It's optimizing as we go.

Something that I've noticed here recently: code blocks are basically black text on black background, except for keywords if you select a specific syntax to highlight.  See attached pic:

code blocks.JPG

On 16 July 2016 at 4:41 AM, Orthios said:

Something that I've noticed here recently: code blocks are basically black text on black background, except for keywords if you select a specific syntax to highlight.  See attached pic:

code blocks.JPG

How do you make this happen?

18 minutes ago, Damien said:

How do you make this happen?

.....I don't know.  And to top it off, it's not doing it now.  It's showing me a white background instead of the black one there.

Just now, Orthios said:

.....I don't know.  And to top it off, it's not doing it now.  It's showing me a white background instead of the black one there.

Yeah, I figured it out in the meantime and fixed it :p Thanks for the report ^^

Hey Damien, what's up with this pop up everytime I go to a page in IV? It's kinda annoying, I already asked to deactivate but it keeps on and on. Strangely, it happens on Firefox only.

http://prntscr.com/c46be3

(You'd like to receive notifications from this site?, since it's in pt)