FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Cheap Warrior Standard

Guest Ferrari

hello! I I was searching for a budget warrior deck to allow me to be effective with quests, and rank up a bit.

this deck seemed like a good option and I tried it out.

I'm having a lot of trouble playing the deck. I have huge loss streaks. I read all the info on the deck and tried to understand it, and Im having trouble identifying what I'm doing wrong.

after trading and removing quite effectively in the early game, I almost always lose tempo and end up with a ton of spells in hand that do nothing for me (mostly combo spells and weak removal)

If someone can provide some help or tips it would be great!

thanks a lot in advance! :D

4 hours ago, Guest Ferrari said:

hello! I I was searching for a budget warrior deck to allow me to be effective with quests, and rank up a bit.

this deck seemed like a good option and I tried it out.

I'm having a lot of trouble playing the deck. I have huge loss streaks. I read all the info on the deck and tried to understand it, and Im having trouble identifying what I'm doing wrong.

after trading and removing quite effectively in the early game, I almost always lose tempo and end up with a ton of spells in hand that do nothing for me (mostly combo spells and weak removal)

If someone can provide some help or tips it would be great!

thanks a lot in advance! :D

It's combo deck, you survive to one turn kill, and a lot of combo spells is good, you should use your removals more, I guess.

Sjow and Neviilz have been doing quite while at Legend ranks with a variant of this deck that probably deserves its own guide:

http://imgur.com/KbIrqda

This version cycles much more efficiently than ones that include Armorsmith, Bloodhoof Brave or Brawl.

Unfortunately I hate spending dust on rares and I don't have any Commanding Shouts.... tempted to craft them anyway. :(

This might be the original source: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/587045-whole-new-meta-deck-worgen-combo-warrior-top1

Edited by mgoetze

Seems everyone is playing it after Neviilz got #1 Legend. Kolento streamed it yesterday, Savjz today with Yogg instead of Cruel Taskmaster...

I keep finding this deck peters out after you get your first Worgen.  There is definitely not enough draw power to have the right combo as you have maybe a 5% chance to draw the 30 damage combo without having to use some of those cards on other minions so you don't get overwhelmed.  I just lost a match to a pretty basic Mage deck (I'm only level 20) after having 44HP.  I was able to hit them with a Worgen+Charge+Inner Rage+Cruel Taskmaster to get them to 8HP then he ended up winning because I couldn't draw anything else fast enough to finish him off.

Guest WhipperSnapper

I've mostly played Mage in hearthstone and started to get bored so I decided to change it up and build a warrior deck. I found this and it looked good in theory but I'm having trouble keeping control of the board by midgame (turns 5 and 6) and if I'm holding 4 spells..inner rage, charge etc..in hopes to get my one turn kill..the opponent usually knows what I'm trying to do and throws out taunts by turns 6-8. I'm not too familiar with warriors, I just know how to crush them all the time with my mage..with this deck what would we be aiming for with draws and Mulligans for opening hand? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Reerun

Haha I rescind my comment, my brain realized that you don't have to play the combo in that order >.<

Guest Assd

6 matches 4 loose. Whoever wrote this deck can reach above rank 5 must be out of his mind

50 minutes ago, Guest Assd said:

6 matches 4 loose. Whoever wrote this deck can reach above rank 5 must be out of his mind

The slightly more expensive version of this can very comfortably reach Legend. The deck is very well constructed, despite being a cheaper version. Please let us know what is going wrong, rather than simply blaming the deck. What classes did you play against? When did you die? What did they play? What rank?

On 9. 9. 2016 at 9:00 PM, Guest Assd said:

This deck is rather difficult to play, as it is a combo deck. You should try other, easier combo decks first to learn how to properly use resources, as your resource usage is very different from "regular" decks (control, aggro etc). Could you please provide a few replays of your games, please? 

Guest Kiln

Lost with this deck 6 time in a row and then deleted it. I was only playing with it at rank 14 but c'thun priest beat it every time.  The combo is cool but it is pure luck if the cards come in. 

There is literally no way this deck can lose to Priest. Single Rampage gives you 22 damage(25 with axe) and double Rampage is all the way up to 30 department. They have next to no midgame pressure, and you are pretty safe to attack them and cycle through your deck to combo them out.

Luck based combo is also out of the equation, because this deck utilizes Battle Rage almost to its full potential. If you feel struggling to assemble the combo, try Loot Hoarder in place of Whirlwind.

I've piloted a very similar build up to rank 10 on Asia server, without real trouble, but with some tweaks though. This particular deck. Its creator claims to hit Legend with it. 

Because Rampage part of the combo is pretty mana hungry, it omits this card in favor of more cycling from Loot Hoarder and fair aggression of Korkron Elite, so you can deploy your beatdown plan A and them follow up win a 16-20 damage plan B. Whirlwind isn't that great anyways. Mad Bomber is a tricky one but lokshadow mentions on Hearthpwn it's a flex slot.

Don't give up, do your homework to improve your game play and think a lot about what are you doing and how are you going to win. Nobody said Hearthstone was going to be easy. Worgen shells objectively have power and potential to compete on the highest level.

10 hours ago, Paracel said:

There is literally no way this deck can lose to Priest.

The feast of souls begins now! Come, little ones. 
Even better: Who knows what secrets we'll uncover? The feast of souls begins now! Come, little ones. Come, little ones.

That's why I play C'thun decks.

7 hours ago, mgoetze said:

Triple Emps is pretty easy to deal with for the Wild Pyro / Commanding Shout version of the deck. This version, not so much.

Unfortunately, this deck will run into more problems than the more expensive deck. It's one of the downsides of being limited by dust cost.

Guest Sunstringer

Looking over this deck after the Charge nerf it's almost completely unusable as a 1-kill raging worgen deck since charge no longer allows you to attack the enemy hero. Might be time to move this one to the archive?

Guest sss

The deck is now broken - after Charge has been nerfed. Would be great to see an alternative cheap warrior. 

4 hours ago, Guest sss said:

The deck is now broken - after Charge has been nerfed. Would be great to see an alternative cheap warrior. 

Take a look at this one, just replace Leeroy Jenkins by a Reckless Rocketeer and Captain Greenskin by an Arathi Weaponsmith. (Or an Ironbeak Owl/Spellbreaker to hit any annoying late-game taunt and push trough.) It's not optimal, but without these two legendaries it's cheap enough and it will do the job quite well to start laddering.   

• Like 1

Guest Sunstringer
12 hours ago, Keizoku said:

Take a look at this one, just replace Leeroy Jenkins by a Reckless Rocketeer and Captain Greenskin by an Arathi Weaponsmith. (Or an Ironbeak Owl/Spellbreaker to hit any annoying late-game taunt and push trough.) It's not optimal, but without these two legendaries it's cheap enough and it will do the job quite well to start laddering.   

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at it. I'm just sad I already made this cheap deck cause I forget about the nerf until I was playing someone.

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

I've put a note in for this to be moved to archives. Thanks guys!

A replacement will have to be found first though, as Cheap decks can't be simply archived, unlike other decks (1, 2), or so I was told by Damien :P

Guest Sunstringer
On 10/26/2016 at 4:04 AM, positiv2 said:

A replacement will have to be found first though, as Cheap decks can't be simply archived, unlike other decks (1, 2), or so I was told by Damien :P

A note should at least be made at the beginning of the deck that warns people this may not be as viable due to the Charge nerf. Otherwise people who might not have as much dust could sink their dust into this deck only to find out it doesn't work as intended.

• Like 1