FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

What articles / topics would you like to see?

2B185X5.png

At this moment in time I am trying to offer a wide range of articles that cover a number of different types of game-play.

I fully appreciate that some players do not enjoy every aspect of the game and I am more than open to suggestions.

Is there a method you want to share?  Any methods you have heard about that you want explaining in depth?

I have access to Legion Beta and I have already begun testing.  Is there any particular aspects of Legion that you would like me to preview (that is gold related)?

I am most interested in the profession changes to Legion and I have a few questions regarding that.

1. Blood of Sargeras is BoP.

What methods are there to obtain it and how easy are they? I know that gathering professions can randomly find some. What about disenchanting/prospecting/milling? I have heard nothing about them yet. I have read that some world quests / order hall missions can reward the blood. I have also read that it can drop off any mob in the Broken Isles but that the drop rate is so poor that it isn't possible to farm them. Without access to the beta I can't test anything myself.

I have also seen unconfirmed reports that Blood of Sargeras can be found while fishing. Is this true? If so, what is the drop rate looking like? And does fishing skill level affect it in any way?

2. The changes to professions seem to be very cool. I wonder though, is there any point in learning all the crafting recipes on each character?

I have at least two of every profession, except gathering professions. Are there any limitations that would make it advantageous to rush leveling all of these professions? Are there any cooldown recipes or daily quests that limit what one character can do? Any benefits gained from having recipes at rank 3? Or would it be redundant to have two Leatherworkers with all patterns at rank 3?

As far as I know the only cooldown is the Transmute: Blood of Sargeras for Alchemy.

I would totally be interested in digestible (For those of us that have not been keeping up to date with all the changes etc) overviews of the Legion professions and any advice or tips on what kinds of things to collect and make in the opening weeks of the expansion, any changes to farming materials that might be neat to know before hand, etc. 

Basically a quick tips cheats guide for us (roleplayers) that don't know what we're doing :P

<3

Edited by Meraki22

1. Legacy Raids.

Raids from Mist of Pandaria and Warlords of Dreanor. Would like to see how much time you need to solo these with starting-mid 110 gear and how much gold you can obtain. Here is an example of soloing Cataclysm raids with ilvl 630:

Raid Time Gold
Dragon Soul 30 2250
Bastion of Twilight 10 1250
Firelands 20 2000

2. Toys, Mounts and Pets (Bind on Use)

Crafted by Professions.

3. World Treasure Locations and Usefull Items

WoD has Gloves and Mining Pick that decreases the time you need to mine/gather, is there any of these in Legion?

Hear there is a item you can obtain from a quest achievement that works like Aviana's Feather.

Edited by Archimage

On 5/28/2016 at 3:27 PM, Flasteria said:

I am most interested in the profession changes to Legion and I have a few questions regarding that.

1. Blood of Sargeras is BoP.

2. The changes to professions seem to be very cool. I wonder though, is there any point in learning all the crafting recipes on each character?

The Gold Queen linked me your article on the Blood of Sargeras mate was a great read and very very concerning for the community!  I'll make sure to touch on this for sure!

19 hours ago, Meraki22 said:

I would totally be interested in digestible (For those of us that have not been keeping up to date with all the changes etc) overviews of the Legion professions 

At the moment the plan is to do a super quick preview that players can gain a quick snap shot of any major profession changes then try and do a full in depth profession guide as the expansion goes live.  As we all know professions are a huge part of gold making so any head start we can get is important for sure!

19 hours ago, Archimage said:

1. Legacy Raids.

Raids from Mist of Pandaria and Warlords of Dreanor. Would like to see how much time you need to solo these with starting-mid 110 gear and how much gold you can obtain. Here is an example of soloing Cataclysm raids with ilvl 630:

Raid Time Gold
Dragon Soul 30 2250
Bastion of Twilight 10 1250
Firelands 20 2000

Are you thinking about how the character level and gear will affect the speed of the runs I'm assuming Archimage?  I know that its a solid consistent method of gold making for some so it would be nice to check the gold values etc.

What I will probably do is have a quick "check" on beta to see if there are any significant changes then wait until a few weeks into the expansion before perhaps writing a full article on them.  Or I may do the actual article before Legion is released then make any changes to gold / timing after the fact!

19 hours ago, Archimage said:

2. Toys, Mounts and Pets (Bind on Use)

Crafted by Professions.

3. World Treasure Locations and Usefull Items

WoD has Gloves and Mining Pick that decreases the time you need to mine/gather, is there any of these in Legion?

Hear there is a item you can obtain from a quest achievement that works like Aviana's Feather.

Yup any trade-able items (I know right now there are a few pets you can buy with pet charms for example) will be good to know.  Having those items up onto the AH early may snatch us some decent sales!

Keep the ideas coming folks!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Peelyon said:

Are you thinking about how the character level and gear will affect the speed of the runs I'm assuming Archimage?  I know that its a solid consistent method of gold making for some so it would be nice to check the gold values etc.

Health and damage in Legion is already in the millions, which is almost equal to bosses in Pandaria.

Classes will finally be able to solo Pandaria raids, and classes with extremely good self heals will be able to solo Warlords of Dreanor content.

Would like to see speed runs of Mogu'shan Vaults, Terrace of Endless Spring and Throne of Thunder. Note there are some mechanics that you cannot solo.

Although I hear that in terms of Gold Per Minute these raids take too long, but I would still like to know since people would want to run them for Transmorg gear and pets.

• Like 1

I think when you factor in the possibility that they will make the content soloable (which they have done in the past) it may be viable for the MoP raids!

As I am heavily into pets right now I am tentatively warning players to not heavily invest into pets like Son of Animus, Kovok etc as if players start soloing those raids at speed on multiple alts prices will drop quite a bit!

But yeah getting a new fit onto times and possibly opening up MoP raids should be a decent gold making method for those that enjoy the steady flow of gold!

On 5/30/2016 at 1:44 AM, Peelyon said:

As I am heavily into pets right now I am tentatively warning players to not heavily invest into pets like Son of Animus, Kovok etc as if players start soloing those raids at speed on multiple alts prices will drop quite a bit!

I watched a video on YouTube about this. I believe it was Old Bess that uploaded it. He made his way to Pandaria on the beta and ran through the raids.

The gold dropped from the bosses is just terrible, but the potential for getting pets to sell will bring in players. It seems that, as far as gold is concerned, people will only be aiming for the bosses that drop pets. The amount of gold dropped from the bosses is just flat out pathetic, given how much health they have and how long it takes to actually beat them.

Personally I'm looking forward to soloing Garrosh every week, aiming for that Kor'kron Juggernaut mount. Any pets/transmog that I stumble upon will be a nice bonus.

• Like 1

As someone who just started playing the game, I would like to see more on why the game is the way that it is. I would also like to see a some explanation as to why things happen the way that they do. Thanks!