FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

How do I record a POTG?

You just nailed the whole enemy team, your Play of the Game is coming up and it brings tears to your eyes. Your friends are screaming, MLG teams are knocking at your door and your mum has already brought the camera; but wait, do you really want to record it with that camera? Why not have beautiful, crisp quality, ready to be posted on our new forum?

PC

There are a number of different ways to do this, depending on a few things, including your video cards, your operating system and so on. Check out some of our favourites:

1. My personal favourite, the plays.tv recording service, which also allows you to directly upload and share your footage. Check it out here.
  2. Microsoft have brought their Game DVR system to Windows 10, allowing you to easily record with that. You can read more about it on their official support site
  3. If you have an NVIDIA video card, you can use Nvidia Shadowplay, which is used in conjunction with NVIDIA GeForce Experience. Read more about it here
  4. You could use the Raptr recording service, which works with AMD video cards. Check it out here.
  5. The last one I'm going to recommend, but note that it is MUCH more complicated, is the Open Broadcasting Software. It is mainly used to stream, but can be used to record footage too. You can download it here.

Once you've recorded your footage, you can upload it to Gfycat, which puts the video into a simple format that can be shared wherever you want! 

Console

If you're an XBOX player, I would suggest checking out the Game DVR article posted on the official support site. It details how you can record the last 30 seconds of gameplay, as well as how to save them.

If you're playing from a PS4, things become slightly more complicated. You'll need to follow these steps:

• Open the Share menu
  • Go to Share Settings
  • Go to Share Button Control Type
  • Ensure you have the controls you want
  • Go back to Share Settings
  • Go into Video Clip Settings
  • Set the length of the video clip that you wish to be recorded

Once you have done all of this, you can play the game normally. When you have just performed a play that you wish to record, open the share menu and press the "save video" button. This will save the last X amount of gameplay, based on the timeframe you specified.

• Like 2