Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stan

heroes Naventic Announces Twitch Partnership, Chinese Teams Disband

6 posts in this topic

V2VYP10P9J4Z1445526506594.jpg

Team Naventic announced partnership with Twitch. A lot of Chinese teams disband amid uncertain future of the game, many moving to Overwatch.

Naventic's Twitch Partnership

Naventic have announced partnership with Twitch.tv, the world's leading platform and gamer community. Here's the official announcement quoted from their website:

About Twitch

Founded in June 2011, Twitch is the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers. Each month, more than 100 million community members gather to watch and talk about video games with more than 1.7 million broadcasters. Twitch’s live and video on demand platform caters to the entire video game industry, including game developers, publishers, media outlets, events, casual content creators, and the entire esports scene.

Partnership Perks

This partnership between Naventic and Twitch helps bring our organization closer to our fans through live streaming and entertainment. Working with the biggest destination within video game live streaming only helps Naventic in the growth of our players. Moving forward our players will be working on schedules and more that our fans can tune in at certain times.

Partnership Comments
Jeremy "Lambzy" McLamb, Co-Owner had the following to say regarding this new partnership.
" We're excited to work with Twitch the number one streaming destination we feel like this move will not only help our organization but our players to bring the best content available".

(Source)

Chinese Teams Disband

Plenty of Chinese Heroes of the Storm teams have disbanded recently. The reason behind it is that many esports organizations in China consider Heroes of the Storm a "dead game" with no bright future. China is likely going to focus on Overwatch. EDG disbanded their Heroes of the Storm team recently. Casters are as well switching to Overwatch, claiming it's easier to get people notice you. Due to the fact that so many teams disbanded streamers revealed there will be a new super team emerging soon.

It has only been out for a year... And it's still in pre-season..Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard Entertainment makes drastic changes to Heroes of the Storm. They did so to Heart of the Swarm.

Edited by greatCraft

What makes "Faker" in LoL an interesting player to watch? His ability to beat anyone 1v1 with many champions because of his unique way of engaging fights.

What makes Heroes of the Storm dull and dead? the game is Predictable. Anyone as Thrall can beat every hero 1v1 because of how the hero's spells work, not because the player is good.

No one can "Shine" in this game! And as Chinese said, no one will notice you. I'm with them on this one, the game is becoming a dead game. I no longer play the game because I felt no matter how hard I try, top the stats, stay with my team, cap objectives, I just can't change the result of the game. And that makes me feel weak and irritated. The "50% win rate for everyone" rule is a punishment for good players and a bonus for trolls.

Edited by mnime

3 hours ago, mnime said:

What makes "Faker" in LoL an interesting player to watch? His ability to beat anyone 1v1 with many champions because of his unique way of engaging fights.

What makes Heroes of the Storm dull and dead? the game is Predictable. Anyone as Thrall can beat every hero 1v1 because of how the hero's spells work, not because the player is good.

No one can "Shine" in this game! And as Chinese said, no one will notice you. I'm with them on this one, the game is becoming a dead game. I no longer play the game because I felt no matter how hard I try, top the stats, stay with my team, cap objectives, I just can't change the result of the game. And that makes me feel weak and irritated. The "50% win rate for everyone" rule is a punishment for good players and a bonus for trolls.

I'm with you on the "no one can shine" thing, but it's even more blatant in Overwatch. It's kind of weird that these Chinese teams would move over that that game. In any case, I don't think Heroes is a dead game. When I see how Blizzard managed to turn things around with D3 and what a great game it is now, compared to how it was when they released it in 2012, my hopes are still high for Heroes.

The thing is that they didn't exactly turn things around with Diablo 3. Sure, Reaper of Souls totally saved the game and it became such a great game, like you said. However, a lot of people believe (and they are not wrong) that the game should have been like that from the beginning. Imagine if Blizzard had managed to keep these 12 million players that bought the game the first week (I think it still is the fastest selling game of all time) by making the game good from the beginning.

Nowadays, people lose faith quite easily, even if Blizzard makes up for its mistakes like it did with RoS. I am afraid the same might happen with WoW and WoD going to Legion (although I see quite a few people are hyped for Legion, but one could argue they were equally hyped for WoD) and I am afraid the same will happen with Heroes and perhaps even Overwatch (they delayed competitive play again btw). From the beginning, they have marketed Heroes very badly/wrongly and I am surprised they haven't learnt from their mistakes in other franchises yet.

HotS is only a year old.  Its a fun game but it does seem a bit more casual than LoL.  That does not mean it is not a good game.  I enjoy it but I can see why people don't veiw it as competative.  Oh well China your loss...