FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Dragon Tempo Warrior Standard

2 questions:

1) Is this better than stock Tempo Warrior lists?

2)On a scale from 1 to 10, how crucial Malkorok is? I'm not in the market for a legendary that is going to kill me with Cursed Blade.

IMO Malkorok is not core to this deck. I tried Sylvanas, Arathi Weaponsmith, Inner rage instead in a slight variation of this deck around rank 2-3 and they all worked very good. 

You can also try one of the bigger dragons like Nefarian/Onyxia or a tech card like Harrison.  Let me know how it works.

I think this plays out much more aggressive than the standard tempo list. So, it may come down to preference, but I think standard tempo might be slightly more consistent over large number of gsmes, given there is no synergy dependency (you don't end up with dead cards with no dragons to activate them).

I disagree.

Nefarian is the closest accesible option, because you really need that top end curve to be there and be strong. Deck doesn't run a lot of consistency draw engines, so you have to rely on redundancy to do work.

14 minutes ago, Paracel said:

I disagree.

Nefarian is the closest accesible option, because you really need that top end curve to be there and be strong. Deck doesn't run a lot of consistency draw engines, so you have to rely on redundancy to do work.

The other way is to reduce the curve and play it more aggressively, which is what I did, and it worked quite well for me. If you want to keep curve, I would rather use Chromaggus, mainly because my most common matchup is Shaman, and the spells would mostly have bad value. 

so far the deck is amazing but since this is my first ever dragon deck am kinda clueless ...mulligans are kinda confusing to me keep the dragons or start out like a regular control warrior and when i have synergy with my dragons again am kinda confused what to play but one thing i know is that this deck is tempo so playing minions on curve is needed..so far am going like 3-6 but am just getting used to the deck so thank you for the deck and the guide sottle !!

Mulligans are tricky but figurable, get a curve and some beatdowns going. It's ok to keep an expensive dragon when you have no payoff cards with it in starting hand, but putting yourself at a disadvantage sucks. Same way, when you have dudes but no dragons with them just ship everything you don't like and hope for best.

• Like 1

well you have to keep ypur axe but suddenley i have my ax but with twilight drake and alex champion so o start focusing on the synergy and forget that i need some early minions and the synergy will snowball in ur hand eventually 

i just played some more and now am 5-7 so am getting the hang of it i just need to play the deck alot more 

thanks for ur reply  it really helped to understand the deck more ^^)

1 hour ago, PancakeMonk said:

well you have to keep ypur axe but suddenley i have my ax but with twilight drake and alex champion so o start focusing on the synergy and forget that i need some early minions and the synergy will snowball in ur hand eventually 

i just played some more and now am 5-7 so am getting the hang of it i just need to play the deck alot more 

thanks for ur reply  it really helped to understand the deck more ^^)

so far 8-9 am  amazed by what this deck can do ..

i tried some few changes to the deck and so far am going 15-4 ladder/casual combined 

since the meta is kinda slow or at least what i have encountered so far ... 

-1 finley

-2 ravaging ghoul 

+1 fierce monkey

+2 bloodhoof brave 

the taunts are amazing and lots of 2/3 attacks makes the priest kinda lost what to choose comes the mid game with both your korron's and azure's ..and then the huge tempo swings and late game threats in the form of malkorok rag and gromm ..if anybody would like to try it and tell me what they think about the changes please be my guest :)

i cant recommend this deck more guys ..this season i only played 9 games ..streaked those 9 with this deck so far ..thanks alot sottle for the amazing deck..i used some cards from the swap section and am running 2 inner rage instead of 2 slam and 2 blackwing technician instead of ravaging ghoul ..cheers guys 

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-13-16 20.55.42.png

I am running a very similar deck to this right now, although I don't have Ragnaros or Grom. So instead I am using Nefarian for the late game. and I removed 1 frothing and put in 2 Blackwing Techs. I went from rank 20 to rank 15 without losing a game and now am on another win streak.

I would love to be able to get Grom or Hellscream, but the fates have not been kind to me so far. Until then, I think there are several variations that work great for this deck.

Guest Hunter

Hey,

Thanks alot for the deck, it works very well. But i got immense problems vs Hunter.

Any tips?

Thanks a lot :)

2 hours ago, Guest Hunter said:

Hey,

Thanks alot for the deck, it works very well. But i got immense problems vs Hunter.

Any tips?

Thanks a lot :)

Hope they don't draw into Highmanes and Call of the broken while you draw perfectly.  

Otherwise hunters are a real bad matchup for most warrior decks currently. 

Yeah, Hunters just beat up on Warriors, it's just the natural order of things in Hearthstone :P

You need to go really hard for Fiery War Axe, if you get the Axe you can make things happen from there. I've had most success playing the matchup very aggressive and trying to put the pressure back on them, they don't play the greatest removal so you can often push damage to them and force them to trade minions, if you try and play too passively they'll over run you with Highmanes and Call of the Wild eventually.

Guest RedBaron21

I am actually having trouble with the new breed of Beast Druid, particularly when they buff Stranglethorn Tiger to 7/7 and copy it with that new 5/5's battlecry. I pretty much have to deal with 4 stealthed 7/7's in every one of these matchups. Should I consider adding Brawl to the deck if I encounter this often?

Lol I'm on a win streak right now from 20-14 and I didn't even notice that I was in wild mode and not standard so I'm just gonna keep going till I go on a loss streak

On 31.8.2016 at 4:12 AM, Guest RedBaron21 said:

I am actually having trouble with the new breed of Beast Druid, particularly when they buff Stranglethorn Tiger to 7/7 and copy it with that new 5/5's battlecry. I pretty much have to deal with 4 stealthed 7/7's in every one of these matchups. Should I consider adding Brawl to the deck if I encounter this often?

You could, but you have to remember that the card will quite often sit as a dead card in many matchups due to the nature of board control with the deck.

4 hours ago, Bruced said:

Lol I'm on a win streak right now from 20-14 and I didn't even notice that I was in wild mode and not standard so I'm just gonna keep going till I go on a loss streak

It's an incredibly strong deck, regardless of the ladder! :p

38 minutes ago, Bruced said:

Is there anywhere I can put slyvanus

Sylvanas Windrunner might be a little slower than what this deck is intending but if you are wanting to run her you could cut a copy of Ravaging Ghoul if the presence of Aggro is lower or Grommash Hellscream since this version of the deck doesn't have a lot of consistent activators for him. 

• Like 1