FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
strategylord

Anti-Shmaman deck?

These days everybody seems to be playing with Shamans and who would blame them? The Shaman proved himself after the new card additions from The Grand Tournament and The Old Gods. Tuskarr Totemic and Totem Golem seemed powerful enough. But the addition of Primal Fusion and Thing from Below made Shaman a destructive force

so Any idea to  even the odds against the currently-dominant shaman? 

Against Midrange use Zoo or warrior decks (except for control). 

Against aggro use Tempo mage or Zoo.

All shaman decks in popular use are low cost durable minions, spells and doomhammer. I haven't even seen a fire elemental in the last month. All you need to do win against them is to draw an Ooze (or if you are a control warrior/other deck with limited card draw, H.J.) before they hit your face with the full 8*2 + 3*4 combinded damage of doomhammer and rockbitters over 4 turns. Doomsayer on turn 2/3 to kill a couple of one/two drops and prevent a three drop or at the very worst bait out a rockbitter or force them to be overloaded on turn 4 so they can't play their 7/7 or a discounted TFB next turn. Since overload is make this turn stronger at the cost of the next one, any freeze effect is super effective, to the point that I considered putting in an Ice Elemental into a few non-mage decks.

I think there are quite some bad matchups out there for Face-Shaman. For me the midrange shaman works much better, as many people expect aggro when they see Shaman and pretty much everyone plays an Ooze or Harrison now.
So I decided to play a high value and high ressource midrange Shaman without a weapon. Many players seem to be not prepared for that. Too bad I didn't have much time to play yet in this month, so I am only rank 10 - so it's more a gut feeling.