FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Boycott

Fire mage dungeon spec help.

Greetings fellow mages. I'm gonna post this because i couldn't find any related topics in the forum. I'm a casual player who only raids occasionally and usually only do mythic dungeons, and i have to ask if this build would be optimal for dungeon runs. My ilvl is 717 (744 ring) no tier pieces and i have 6/6 SMP. 46.12% crit after AB buff.  Cold snap definitely for double breaths. I have been running with Living bomb, Incanter's flow and Crystal for the most part but i've been wondering if meteor might be a overall dmg boost for dungeons. 

And if i am taking meteor opting out crystal, Should i go for more crit as the only reason im staying at this crit level is to crit cap with SMP on crystal?

Cheers!

From my experience fire will not do well for you in mythic dungeons. Don't get me wrong I love the spec but unless the overall group dps is garbage you will not get enough time to build up a good combustion and have it tic for any good length of time. A lot of dungeon bosses require a bit a movement as well so your PC can be hit or miss. At 717 I would use frost for mythics.

For the same reasons stated by @Drkdragon I've never been a fan of Fire in dungeons. I'd usually play Frost or Arcane.