FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Evia

Warlock Trinket Question

Hey I just recieved Wushoolays last night and was thinking what trinket combination i should be using as affliction. ATM i have 502 Unerring Vision of Lei Shen, 522 volatile talismen and 522 WuShoolays.

Should I not be using wushoolays with the lei shen trinket since i cannot snapshot the dots at 10 stacks of wushoolays?

Here is a link to my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Evia/advanced

As demo go for UVLS and Volatile Talisman and you will be fine.

Use your Imp Swarm when V.Talisman OR LMG procs.

As Affli go for Wushy + Volatile, LFR's UVLS itt's pretty crap 'cause the low proc ratio.

Edited by JvChequer

Personally I dont really agree with that. You only ever use imp swarm with Dark Soul, so worrying about haste for imp swarm is pointless, unless of course you get so much haste you can use it again without delaying Dark Soul, which depends far too much on RNG. If you use thoes two trinkets together you wont have any decent int procs, meaning you will never be using soulfire in meta. Take wushy and get the sexy int proc.

As Affli go for Wushy + Volatile, LFR's UVLS itt's pretty crap 'cause the low proc ratio.

I don't agree with this at all either. Wush is fan-fucking-tastic. You can hold onto MC charges when it procs and swap to Meta at the end for some sexy Soulfires.

Why are we talking about Demo anyway, haha, the OP asked about Affliction.

OP: As Affliction you want UVLS and Wush. May the RNG gods be with you.

LFR UVLS procs pretty often actually. On average you can expect one a minute. Unfortunately sometimes they come right next to each other and other times not for 2 minutes. My high is 9 x in a 4:30 fight.

The VP trinket is mostly garbage IMHO. Short and unpredictable proc. uptime was poor too. Plus, the haste buff isnt that great. i don't remember affdots telling me it was much more than a 15% buff over base. At least with UVLS, you can just ss:sb all 3 dots and they'll hit super hard for a long time. Something like 66% over base.

Thing is with VP, all anyone remembers is going "OMG 5.2 IS HERE! OMG ILEV 522 TRINKETS! OMG 8800 HASTE?!!!" While in actual fact, compared to the trinkets from raids, it is bad, yes.

What he said.. for affliction it's better to have longer procs to allow yourself to stack your mega dots Posted Image

Ideally you will snapshot your dots once volatile procs and 8-10 stacks of wushy's Posted Image

Now please don't think UVL's is bad for affliction because it is not. The reason we don't say this is best in slot is because of the shorter uptime of dots and human factor of playing. If ideally we could get our 100x critting dots out and swap it between targets and never lose it like on any fight where multi dotting is possible then yes it becomes best in slot... this won't happen often and i can see this option being taken away as it's not the intended use of soul swap.

Enjoy!

Edited by obleak

Unerring is bis regardless of the soul swap bug. All you have to do is see the proc -> SB:SS, and you collect massive dps. That being said, a 7+ stack wushoolays is basically equal in value because it procs basically twice as much. Wushoolays and breath, however, don't interact well in game like they do in simc.

For affliction, I say wushoolay's/breath, or unerring/breath, the difference between the two being <1%.

• Like 1

Trinkets are too RNG'ish to pick a couple that is best. Best to go with what you're comfortable with. For me, Unerring is the best for Aff and Demo without discussion. I prefer Breath over Wush because 1) I already have too much Hit and 2) I like static 8k Int vs a growing stacking Intellect proc. If you like timing things for 7+ stacks of Wush, then go with that.

too bad snap shotting dots only work for agony now. 100% critting agony is still pretty darn nice, just not as good.

:P

Doom still snapshots Crit. Agony is just the special child of the Affliction DoTs. I will test Demonology's Corruption snapshotting tonight, although that's pretty insignificant either way as Corruption's purpose for Demonology is to build Demonic Fury.

So for Affliction, UA and Corruption don't snapshot crit at *all*? I just assumed they didn't retain it after an inhale/exhale, but would still apply to a fresh SB:SS.

So for Affliction, UA and Corruption don't snapshot crit at *all*? I just assumed they didn't retain it after an inhale/exhale, but would still apply to a fresh SB:SS.

Good question. Obviously unable to test while at work, but I won't be going Affliction soon, so if someone could test it, that'd be awesome. Test to see if Corr and UA snap shot with a Perfect Aim proc for their duration. If they took that away, boy...yeah, Unerring would be garbage for Affliction for sure.

Corruption and UA do indeed snapshot crits:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ra4ruqgvy6x1wsjm/details/1/?s=1829&e=2198

Check out damage by spell.

1 Agony hit, 3 UA and 3 Corruption Hits.

Rest of the fight is :

288 Agony Crits

286 UA Crits

286 corruption Crits.

For some damned reason, the log only has me at a low % active time, so my dps was dropped significantly....

You linked a log from before the patch. We knew that happened pre-patch. We care about post-patch.

oops. My bad.

I can though, now confirm the BAD news.

Just tried it on dummies, and UVLS no longer carries the crit for UA and Corruption when swapping :(

But Crit snapshoting still works for all 3 Dots through the whole duration ?

I think that was the real question. Posted Image

Edited by Illumy

Perfect, thanks for checking that. That's what I presumed, and honestly, that's what I hoped for. That Soul Swap bug created some HUGE disparity on WoL. Check out the top 10 parses for Heroic Megaera...all Affliction Warlocks. A lot of them used the same type of bug to wreck Dark Animus and some other fights, so I'm glad it's in check. I still think Wush + Breath > UVLS for Affliction, but you can use whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

yes, it works for the duration, but not for soul swapping.

Just checked it on a mob

That still doesn't fully answer the question.

Are you referring to inhale/exhale soul swapping or SB: soul swapping?

He's referring to the bug where you Inhale then Exhale and keep the snapshot. It's working with SB:SS with Perfect Aim up, but you can't prolong it. You CAN prolong Agony, but not all 3.

He's referring to the bug where you Inhale then Exhale and keep the snapshot. It's working with SB:SS with Perfect Aim up, but you can't prolong it. You CAN prolong Agony, but not all 3.

Unless you spoke to him or tested it yourself all that was mentioned was "swapping" in general, not very specific. He said that all 3 DoT's will still snapshot crit, but that can also just mean hard casting them. It's just nice to have it absolutely clear here on the forums.

Crit will be snapshotted when they are cast, and that snapshot will last for the DoTs entire duration.

This is also true if you use SB:SS.

IF, however, you inhale the dots and exhale them to another target, Crit will NOT be passed for UA and corruption, but WILL be for Agony.

After Exhaling the dots, crit and UA will ONLY Have your unbuffed Crit chance.

My guess is that UA and corruption are now using your CRIT RATING only (when you inhale/exhale), and not your crit chance (trinket procs, Jade spirit etc do not increase your crit rating, only your crit chance). If this is the case, the nerf is gonna blow even more than it first appeared.

• Like 1