FORUMS
Chacal

I Have A Complaint (vent)

Probably I’m just old and grumpy (well, certainly old), but some players just annoy the heck out of me. I mentally file someone as ‘OK’ or ‘Idiot’, not based on their ability, but how they play the game. If someone is an ‘Idiot’ I will immediately become awkward and try to annoy them as much as possible.

Idiot Criteria:

#1 While I’m reasonably considering options for my next turn the opponent starts spamming ‘Greetings’, threats or tapping the board. This is just stupid. Now I know that they’re impatient I will burn the rope to the end on that turn and every single turn afterwards. I’d prefer to play matches quickly, but where a lesson needs to be taught…

#2 Opponent is just constantly spamming emotes. Stupid. I can and will just Squelch them. Sadly there is no way to let them know they’re Squelched. The only solution to this is to burn the rope to the end on every single turn. I get so much satisfaction out of this I’m afraid I might be a psychopath. Not an Idiot though.

#3 Opponent is about to lose; there is obvious lethal damage on the board and he has no answers or stalls. The game will end this turn. This is what the Concede button is for. But no. They have to dash whatever minions that they have against your board and spew as much of their hand out as they possibly can. Why? Is it to demonstrate that if the game had gone one turn longer they could have won? Is it a pathetic attempt to impress (“Look how close I was”)? I don’t care! I don’t care about your expensive Legendary or the uberbuff dream you were about to see come real. You lost! Get out of my face. <FLUSHING NOISES>.

Very little to be done about #3, but I do like getting as many ‘Wow’s and ‘Thank you’s in as possible just so they know how awed and appreciative I am. Idiots!

Why are there so many people like this?? 

And breathe…

Edited by Chacal

Keep in mind, some of us that have ADHD do random things, like clicking the ground. It's not that we're impatient, we're just very fidgetty.

• Like 2

So...you just resort to trying to be an even bigger jerk than you perceive the other person is being? That is...just really sad.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Damien said:

#3 is super annoying I have to admit :P

Ever got a "play minions that cost 5 and more" daily quest?

Being a jerk doesn't make any sense, unless your priorities are other then winning the game. Especially in a game that has its only way of communication squelchable.

• Like 3

#3 could just be to get more exp from the game ... people trying to level up their classes to 60 for extra golden bling.

Roping on purpose though ...

200.gif

• Like 4

I don't regret it. Perhaps they go on to change their ways and the wider Heatrhstone community benefits. Did you think of that? In fact I might start doing it to anyone who is playing Priest. I'll set up a Patreon if you'd like to show your appreciation.

• Like 1

"oh you obviously lost, you should concede otherwise youre an idiot" lol wut? personally i hate when people just auto concede even when ive obviously beat them, because i enjoy showing off my big wombo combo finisher. 

honestly, you just seem like a cancerous toxic player.

• Like 3

i rarely concede because my opponent deserve to be where he is so the finish is his not mine  and aside all of that ..yes the game gets on our nerves but if you neglect the troll factor as insignificant then your still missing wow/hearthstone purpose my friend :)

have fun and enjoy the game (Y)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, darkdiamond87 said:

"oh you obviously lost, you should concede otherwise youre an idiot" lol wut? personally i hate when people just auto concede even when ive obviously beat them, because i enjoy showing off my big wombo combo finisher. 

honestly, you just seem like a cancerous toxic player.

easy there mate the guy is just expressing his affection towards certain behavior no need for hate speech :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, darkdiamond87 said:

personally i hate when people just auto concede even when ive obviously beat them, because i enjoy showing off my big wombo combo finisher. 

That right there? That's criterion #4. Put it away son. No-one's interested.

'Cancerous'? #5. 

On 6/9/2016 at 5:22 PM, Myke said:

Keep in mind, some of us that have ADHD do random things, like clicking the ground. It's not that we're impatient, we're just very fidgetty.

lol i suffer from adhd and i respect a clean game with no interruptions i like the subtle quite approach to certain games that does not make me a calm person by any means :D 

Personally the only action by an opponent that has ever bothered me is intentional roping. If you're looking for only serious players, I might suggest you stop playing Casual and try out the tournament scene.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, auratheai said:

Personally the only action by an opponent that has ever bothered me is intentional roping. If you're looking for only serious players, I might suggest you stop playing Casual and try out the tournament scene.

nah... actually i like the full hearthstone experience 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chacal said:

Would love to try a tournament, but in the SW of England there's not a whole lot going on.

Try an ESL tournament. There are local tournaments (only for Adria, only for Romania etc), but there are also Europe-wide tournaments, which you can try. 

• Like 1

On 09.06.2016 at 7:29 PM, Chacal said:

#3 Opponent is about to lose; there is obvious lethal damage on the board and he has no answers or stalls. The game will end this turn. This is what the Concede button is for. But no. They have to dash whatever minions that they have against your board and spew as much of their hand out as they possibly can. Why? Is it to demonstrate that if the game had gone one turn longer they could have won? Is it a pathetic attempt to impress (“Look how close I was”)? I don’t care! I don’t care about your expensive Legendary or the uberbuff dream you were about to see come real. You lost! Get out of my face. <FLUSHING NOISES>.

I always do that thinking I'll get more xp) After all unnecessary things I give up)

5 hours ago, vegasmc said:

So what you're saying is you're a douchebag.

if the topic does not concern you please reserve your rights for freedom of speech  and make like a tree and walk away ..the guy is stating its a venting topic ...not every problem you face is the same as other players and frankly am tired of people bashing others just for stating there opinions bluntly on the internet ..you dont like what he is saying then keep scrolling the freaking forums  but i just had enough with the likes of you that think every other opinion is inferior to his just because your are not ok with it ..dont bother commenting am not interested in making the slightest  effort of replying ..have a good day 

5 hours ago, vegasmc said:

So what you're saying is you're a douchebag.

Please, keep it civil.

Actually I have excellent manners...until someone yanks my chain. Then they get some back. Is someone who doesn't just put up with other players' bad behaviour a douchebag?
I can see there might be legit reasons for #3. And hey; it's the last turn anyway...
Also comments like 'I'm afraid I might be a psychopath' are intended to flag this up as a bit of a comedy rant. Clearly not everyone can handle something as delicate and subtle as this.