FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
drewby91

Fire Elemental and Searing Flames

I just wanted to clear something up, in your current Enhancement guide you state that Fire elemental totem is a powerful cooldown to use and that it adds stacks of Searing Flames to benefit Lava lash, but I read in the forums that Fire elemental is not a viable option because it does not stack searing flames. I noticed the post was from 2012 so maybe something changed since then?

AFAIK the change happened when patch 5.0 was released, so late 2012. I remember reading it in the patch notes and thinking what a massive boost that was =]

I don't worry about stacking flames or not. The Fire Elemental rocks! I changed my glyph to reduce the cooldown, and when he is up my DPS is over 100K in ToT (LFR) RAIDS (normal is 90K). I am usually at the top, at least top 10 every time I go in.

The trick is to pop him just before (like 2 seconds on a pull countdown) and since you should wait until the tank has good aggro, you can pop the FE right when the Tank attacks the boss. Then do your EB, and whatever else you have then attack.

The Earth Elemental is good, but sometimes tanks complain he takes too much aggro, so I don't use EE as often. I know the EE should NOT take aggro, but rather than argue, I just use EE for trash and use Ascendance when FE is up.. for maximum carnage.

I do pretty well. ONCE, but only ONCE I pulled 349K DPS in a fight.. ONCE! The timing and ALL my cool downs and PROCS were aligned apparently.

It's not uncommon for me to be 225K DPS (it's routine for some bosses) with chain lightning...since I have glyph of CL as well.

Edited by rjparker1