FORUMS
Bifi92

Choose Healer Class and Advice

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what you guys would suggest me. I've usually been playing DD Hunter, Mage and DK but I somehow wanted to try healing which is why I created a Priest and lvled it to 45 til now. Now, my question is: Should I boost my Priest, my Shaman, my Pally or my Druid to lvl 100 (I'm gonna lvl them +60 for Profession boost)? What do you think is the most fun healer class in correlation with its usefulness in Legion? 

Btw. do you think healing with Healbotaddon is good? What would you suggest? 

Best regards

Bifi

Well, I'm not really looking for an easy healing class :D but I've looked into some legion gameplay and it really does look easy^^
I just feel like its "remake" did not get as much love as disci priest or holy paly :/ They really made these specs a lot more interesting due to atonement as discipline and being close as holy increasing the heal amount

Try to think how flexible you want to be. I chose the druid because his endgame healing is always good. But the main reason is his flexibility, like you can fill every role in the game, this will be a bit handicaped in Legion because of the artifacts. Think about the off spec you would like to play too. In my opinion Shaman is the most boring, got some utility bot boring :p Holy Paladin got a nice remake, the other pally specs too. Go check :

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikepreachwow/videos

or 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBK4kS5IPp90yr-AtvbOfRA

They both have a full overlook of the classes now in beta (talents, spells, gameplay etc.), i think the videos could help you :)

I'm playing on different levels all the healing classes (from 5-man and LFR and up to Mythic raiding) and frankly, would rather suggest you to wait with the boost until at least pre-patch. I created all the healing classes on Beta, levelled resto shaman to lvl 110, now levelling a paladin and checked holy priest and resto druid - all of them are somehow different in talents, spells and/or approach from the current state.

I don't remember when Blizzard is implementing a possibility to play a class a bit before boosting (in pre-patch or from the Legion start) so you'd check whether you like its gameplay and mechanics, but I'd wait for this possibility.

I wouldn't agree though about resto shaman being super easy (resto's being my main for the last 5 years): more precisely, every class is easy on a basic level but to master it takes time and effort so just choose whatever suites your playstyle.

In terms of usefulness in Legion or any other expansion, all the healing classes are useful so I'll just write a bit of details about every one of them. Anyways, it's my opinion solely, based on my own experience and Beta testing:

- Resto Shaman (throughput: raid CDs and support): Incredibly useful on progress and often reaches 1st-2nd places on healing meters. Boring and frustrating on farm because of their Mastery (the lower is a person on HP - the stronger are shaman's heals). Great on utilities (stuns, interrupts, etc). In Legion gets a Windrush totem - mass speed boost, Voodoo Totem - mass CC, a battle ress totem, etc. 

- Resto Druid (HoT& raid healing): A HoT healer going further into this speciality in Legion. Great in utilizing healing through damage, burst healing, flexible CDs. Was the best healer in WoD CMs. In Legion receives Affinity tier of talents where you can chose Balance, Feral or Guardian affinity with the corresponding spells and help with dps/tanking to your group. Looks fun for me and I'll definitely give it a go after my shaman.

- Holy Paladin (single target deep healing and damage mitigation): the best tank and/or focus target healer for now and looks like it'll remain the same in Legion. Has the strongest personal damage mitigation utilities. The difference Blizz tries to implement is that in Legion Paladin will have a sort of a 10 yards aura that adds to healing or damage mitigation for allies in this area, and dps abilities that convert to healing so looks like they'll have to stay in melee most of time and use some dps abilities to boost their healing.

- Mistweaver Monk (throughput&HoTs): for me it's just another throughput healer. MW monks were special in their dps stance with a great conversion of damage done into healing and awesome mobility but it's gone in Legion. I really can't say anything special about monks right now.

- Disc Priest (damage preventing): the king of healing meters in WoD (together with Holy Paladin), nothing but a support healer in Legion - at least how it looks to me for now. Was great in MoP for damage to healing conversion, a 'must' in every raid in WoD - no atonement healing anymore but these shields.... Feels like being completely gutted in the next expansion.

- Holy Priest (throughput): a poor Cinderella of healing for years already, enters in all its shining glory the Legion. Fully revamped spec, for now is accounted (by Blizz) for the best healing spec in the next expansion. Whether it's true? We'll see.

• Like 1

thank you guys for your advice, much appreciated. The point with the other specs really is true...

I did hear equip I find will be usable for all specs in legion - meaning, if I loot equip as Heal Pally with +Int, etc. it will also be usable as Ret Pally, cause it changes to +Str... is this still the case?

If it is I might consider my druid and my Shamy cause I really like the other Specs and I am not too sure if I like Shadow Priest... the play style at lvl 50 right now is super boring... using approx. 4 different skills.
Regarding the 2nd specs of pally... not a too big fan of ret pally. Pretty boring imo.

(Not regarding the tank specs, cause usually no Raid needs more tanks :D)

Uncommon Patron

I concur with Pandacho on MW monks. Too bad, it was way fun in MoP. I notice now that you rarely see Monks anymore. I think that race is falling by the wayside.

I boosted my Priest from 61 to 100 yesterday, mainly because I think the legion shadow priest gameplay looks really fun and challenging, while they gave discipline a nice new touch with its atonement mechanics and holy priest looks super useful for dungeon and raid healing.
A further reason was that I did not have a cloth char with enchantment and tailoring yet^^ so that worked quite fine for me as well :)
Still cannot wait to try out SP though :3 keeping up that void form looks super fun :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mogli
      Paladin Cards:                                                
      2x Crystology 2x Flash of Light 1x Lightforged Blessing 1x Crystalsmith Kangor 2x Time Out! 2x Consecration 2x Truesilver Champion 1x Hammer of Wrath 1x Prismatic Lens 2x Holy Wrath 2x Shrink Ray 1x Lay on Hands 1x Shirvallah, the Tiger Neutral Cards:
      1x Bloodsail Corsair 2x Wild Pyromancer 2x Novice Engineer 2x Baleful Banker 2x Violet Spellsword 1x Zilliax  
      General:
      Here is my Version of the OTK-Paladin. I was playing a long time with 2x Prismatic Lens, but i always felt like going into a bigger risk when casting it later on without drawing Shirvallah, the Tiger.  As well i always struggled with my Handsome and ending up overdrawing or just dumping Cards out. So i Cut 1 Prismatic Lens and 1 Hammer of Wrath.  As well as the big draw from Lay on Hands makes up for missing those Card-draws.
       For giving up those i put in the Violet Spellsword ´s. Because you usually have atleast 3 spells in hand she makes an awesome Body on the board giving you some breathing time. (Also you can draw it from Crystology because it is a 1- Attack minion. You have to try it out it gives you a a Contester for the board.
      The Lightforged Blessing  is an awesome tool to play with Wild Pyromancer and Violet Spellsword.
      Since you have a lot Healing-tools it is fine to trade some Health for getting a better value out of Shrink Ray and Time Out! ´s for later on to ensure you the combo.
      Because of that Crystalsmith Kangor feels really important. It has so much potential to heal you to full again. Beside the obvious choices to play it with Flash of Light and Lay on Hands. it Heals a lot with your Lifesteal Minions (Zilliax, Shirvallah, the Tiger, Lightforged Blessing).

Strategy:
      Your main Win Condition is having the combination of Shirvallah, the Tiger, Holy Wrath and Baleful Banker in hand while your Deck is empty.
      When you have 0 Cards in your deck you want to play Shirvallah, the Tiger after that you shuffle it in your deck as your only card with Baleful Banker.
      Now Holy Wrath is ensured to do 25 Damage in his face. Against most classes having the combo once (25 Damage) is enough. That means you can use 1 Holy Wrath for clearing a minion and drawing faster to the bottom of your deck. And as well the combination of Shirvallah, the Tiger and Baleful Banker to clear a minion during the game and heal! It often is important to use against Rogues and Hunter.
      Against Warriors u need to have the Combo twice to deal 50 Damage in the end. During the game you can suffer some Damage to your face in order to make sure he doesn't get over 50 Health. That means you hit his face with Truesilver Champion ,Hammer of Wrath, and obviously with your Violet Spellsword. 
      In order to reach the bottom of your deck  you have a lot of drawing tools like Crystology, Novice Engineer, Lay on Hands, Flash of Light, Prismatic Lens). 
      To make sure you live until that point you have to make smart use of: Time Out!, Shrink Ray, your Wild Pyromancer ´s. And to double your healing tools like Lay on Hands Flash of Light and Zilliax with Crystalsmith Kangor.  You can often surprise the enemy with the amount of healing this can potentially do. Often it is nice to suffer some damage in face to get a better board clear with Shrink Ray+Wild Pyromancer.
      As well Consecration + Wild Pyromancer can deal 3 (maybe even 4 if you have another cheap spell) to the enemy board. 
      You can as well heal a lot with Wild Pyromancer + Lightforged Blessing (if the board is full)
      That said Shrink Ray often has usage to just play alone to minimize the damage you take and buy you another turn for a better Boardclear.

Start of Game: 
      You are mainly looking for Crystology. It can get you more card draw by giving you Novice Engineer. Or even a good turn 4 minion by drawing you Violet Spellsword.
      Against Aggro decks you want to maybe have an Eye on your Shrink Ray ´s, Consecration ´s and Zilliax. Against those decks it is as well really important to get as much value out of Crystalsmith Kangor (which is also drawn by Crystology) as possible.
      Also Flash of Light and Truesilver Champion are good in some Match- Ups. 
      Maybe pair it with one Combo of Shirvallah, the Tiger and Baleful Banker. Because most Aggro decks don't have a Way to generate much Armor, nor having a lot of Healing most of the Time dealing 25 in the End is enough. Playing Shirvallah, the Tiger 1 Time during the game often can save your life!
      Hope You will have as much fun with this deck as I do!

• By Javalvik
      <Exo> is an old guild from Dragonblight which transferred to Stormrage in search of mythic raiders. We are a guild full of experienced raiders always looking to expand our roster. 
      We are not a world first guild nor do we aim to be. Our primary goal is to get loot and have a good time, however this still means on progression nights we do expect you to show up, put on your serious face, and kill some *filtered*.
      Our raids are on 3 nights a week; Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9pm-12 Server Time (EST). The Monday raids are optional farm/alt nights (Normal/Heroic) with Tuesday/Wednesday being mandatory progression nights.
      Currently we are accepting applications for any role, off specs are always a welcome addition but not required. Performance and skill will be looked at above gear, experience, or class.
      We do not have a minimum item level required to join our raid team, however we will require you to catch up in our Monday farm-runs up until you are at a mythic level.
      If you have any questions or are interested in joining or trialing with us please add Pasha#1800, Java#1849 or Bushido#1988 on bnet to talk with an officer.
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

• By McLovin99
      Hey community!

I've been looking to level a new class but I'm not quite sure what to level. I currently have a monk, fury warrior, and Demon Hunter. I'm looking for a class that has little to no downtime and a decent amount of survivablity, mobility, as well as an even amount of single target and multiple target damage abilities. Don't really mind if its a hybrid class because i dont might healing every once in a while.

Thanks for your help!
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is a Mythic raiding guild recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team for BfA. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - Any Class
      DPS - Especially Mage, Monk, Rogue
      Tank - CLOSED
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://tinyurl.com/AbyssWhisperwind
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Trex#1111 or send a message or in-game mail to Trex-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.